did bob kane bight this style?? (The Bat 1926)

Options
Copper
Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
This is a film called the bat made in 1926 roughly a decade before batman was created, alot of people say that kane got the idea for batman from this film and there are alot of similarites...he uses grappling hooks to scale buildings, he drives, lurks on roughtops and in shadows and check the sig on the wall at about 4:40...

Comments

• Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well...after watchin that, it sure seems like it.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ahahahahaha........Bob Kane's a ? genius for stealing this and making it a multi-billion dollar franchise !
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The inspiration for Joker and Alfred are at 4:37. That ? is truly a genius for jacking that ? for everything he got and flippin' a billion dollar profit offa that ? . Sheesh. I wonder if the original dude who came up with it ever got a royalty of the ? .
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    ahahahahaha........Bob Kane's a ? genius for stealing this and making it a multi-billion dollar franchise !

smh @ Bob Kane being the Jay-Z of comics
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    The inspiration for Joker and Alfred are at 4:37. That ? is truly a genius for jacking that ? for everything he got and flippin' a billion dollar profit offa that ? . Sheesh. I wonder if the original dude who came up with it ever got a royalty of the ? .
    the fat dude with the guns looks like commisioner gordon also
    ronald west lauce
    I lauce for spelling bite as bight as well
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yeah, its no secret, hes said himself that this movie was his main inspiration for Batman