earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i hope i have time to play + finish r2 before this drops
  • WildcatOffense
    WildcatOffense Members Posts: 961
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This looks good, I liked playing #2. Don't have a PS3 though.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    september 2011....

atleast they are spreading out the release dates a bit
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    this looks really good, I never understood the hate for R2.

The co-op was fun as hell, and the 60 player online was fun. I never finished the campaign but I didnt think it was bad
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Insomniac Games has promised fans of Resistance multiplayer a much better experience from the third game in the series.

Resistance 3's multiplayer was described as "new, improved" by Insomniac community manager James Stevenson, reported by the Examiner.

"It's a more focused experience, progression-based, and takes place in maps located around the world," he said. The game has been in development for two years, and is "playable start to finish on disc".

Resistance 3's first gameplay footage was revealed at the VGAs over the weekend – check it out below. The game's due out in the US on 6th September 2011. Sony told Eurogamer this morning Resistance 3 will launch in Europe in September, but was unable to offer a firm date.

Stevenson said all of the gameplay sections shown in the video were "in-engine and real-time". "Some of it was with a director's camera, but if the gun was in Capelli's hand, that's us playing the game at Insomniac this past week!"

Oh, and those live action scenes that have dominated the game's teasers thus far – those won't make it into the game.

"Live-action is just for the trailers only and setting the mood," Insomniac confirmed. "The game cutscenes will be in-engine."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-13-resistance-3-multiplayer-more-focused
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    this looks really good, I never understood the hate for R2.

The co-op was fun as hell, and the 60 player online was fun. I never finished the campaign but I didnt think it was bad

60 player online became a ? on some maps. And their wasnt enough maps. I mean they had that one with wooden logs and then Chicago or whatever it was and a couple others.