No One Seeks ? ?

Options
alissowack
alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
It is really easy to assign the "lostness" of the world to those who don't believe in ? . People give the atheists of the world a hard time for denouncing ? 's existence and wishing harm (or Hell) on them. Then, they go and "brag" about their righteous pursuit to spiritual enlightenment to fellow believers of a particular religion.

I believe, even though it may be a false assertion, that atheists have a right to question a religious person's pursuit. Even if they are willing to honestly search things through or put "logic" aside, they have plenty of "dirt" to bring saints to their knees. The latest scandals are more than enough.

Can those who are seeking ? really hold to this claim? Can man or woman give hisself or herself credit for finding "divine truth"? I would say no.

Comments

• Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    "Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. "(John 14:6)

"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him;"(John 6:44)

So nope. Really there is no room for boasting before ? .
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It's all subjective conjecture.
  • moongodthoth
    moongodthoth Members Posts: 76
    edited December 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    It is really easy to assign the "lostness" of the world to those who don't believe in ? . People give the atheists of the world a hard time for denouncing ? 's existence and wishing harm (or Hell) on them. Then, they go and "brag" about their righteous pursuit to spiritual enlightenment to fellow believers of a particular religion.

I believe, even though it may be a false assertion, that atheists have a right to question a religious person's pursuit. Even if they are willing to honestly search things through or put "logic" aside, they have plenty of "dirt" to bring saints to their knees. The latest scandals are more than enough.

Can those who are seeking ? really hold to this claim? Can man or woman give hisself or herself credit for finding "divine truth"? I would say no.
    If you do not ask questions you are brainwashed. Plain and simple.

I don't care whether it's Christianity, Islam, Scientology, ect. If a religion or belief system helps you to become more enlightened, and generally uplifts you to a higher vibration, then that's what it is.

The problem is when dogmatism comes into play.

Personally, I believe in synthesizing science, religion, logic, fate, and light and dark elements into your consciousness to gain a universal perspective on things. At the same time by studying a wide variety of subjects you should be able to make up your own mind about what is real, and what is not to you.

I also don't think people should be afraid to study any subjects. If your going to study the holy scriptures, why not study the occult and even satanic scriptures as well. At least for the sake of knowing thy enemy.

I know that might be a little too much for some people but I personally believe in expansion at all costs. Mentally and physically. Nothing is off limits for me when it comes to gaining knowledge, wisdom and understanding.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If you do not ask questions you are brainwashed. Plain and simple.

There could be some truth to this...but is everyone that ask questions earnestly seeking the truth? Could it be that there are people that are using questioning as a way to suppress the truth...or to find an angle around dealing with the truth? Brainwashing is a terrible thing to do to somebody...but even more so if we are doing it to ourselves.
  • MonRoch
    MonRoch Members Posts: 73
    edited December 2010
    Options
    you don't have to study satanic scripture to know what the devil is like. you go straight to the world of ? . he is all through it. you can also see how cunning he is by your own life. he comes at you day and night. so just like you go to the word of ? to find out what Christ is like, you can also do the same for satan because he was created by him. but if you just want to worship satan, and have no desire to learn about Christ, then maybe satanic scripture is what you want.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What religious freaks don't understand stand is that most -if not all- atheists were once believers in ? .Growing up I was raised to believe in ? and never questioned "its" existence.Once I came of age I started to think for myself and I realized all of the contradictions in the bible.I like to think of it as my "Awakening".
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Atheism on a worldwide scale accounts for only 3% of the population. Atheism is far from any sort of "problem". Its the job of religious zealots to spread the word and continuously denounce any form of non-belief... as Atheism is the antithesis to organized theism

plus n*ggas aint killin in the name of atheism.
  • moongodthoth
    moongodthoth Members Posts: 76
    edited December 2010
    Options
    MonRoch wrote: »
    you don't have to study satanic scripture to know what the devil is like. you go straight to the world of ? . he is all through it. you can also see how cunning he is by your own life. he comes at you day and night. so just like you go to the word of ? to find out what Christ is like, you can also do the same for satan because he was created by him. but if you just want to worship satan, and have no desire to learn about Christ, then maybe satanic scripture is what you want.

I'm not willing to take the word of ? without question. I have to investigate both sides. From what I know, the scriptures never point out what Satan did besides rebel against ? . In Genesis Satan (if you believe he was the serpent) encouraged Eve to gain the forbidden knowledge while ? wanted to keep them ignorant. Maybe ? knew the knowledge of good and evil would corrupt man or maybe he wanted to keep the knowledge for himself because knowledge is power.

If Satan is condemned for merely rebelling against ? , then I guess I'm just as bad. There's a lot of stuff in the bible that doesn't sit well with me and that I would never follow. ? is without a doubt sexist. ? is okay with slavery. ? discourages critical thinking. ? created languages to keep man from being able to unite. The ? in the bible seems a bit paranoid to me.

Call me crazy but the bible sounds like it was written by aliens more than a divine being. How could a truly divine being be so angry all the time? Why would ? create a flawed civilization? It makes more sense that extraterrestrials would be more capable of this. Engineering an intelligent race and leaving a vague book behind that basically says to worship the people from the sky.

I just don't buy it. I'm not saying there is no value in the holy scriptures but there's something fishy about the whole tone of the book imo. I'm still in the process of the studying however.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    MonRoch wrote: »

We do things under our own power. We know the rights from the wrongs, I know taking something from a store without paying for it is stealing, I know stealing COULD land me in jail, I know jail would ruin some opportunities and that's NOT the devil/satan/lucifer (whatever). That's all ME. Like Moon said, Satan really just rebelled against ? . I guess you could say, "well the devil tempts you", and I guess so if you want to say that but we know morals, we have that choice of doing the bad and good. If we choose bad, that's us not some devil.