What IS the definition of a successful life?

Options
kingblaze84
kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in The Social Lounge
Is it the amount of money you make? Well, rich people could have it nice but what if they're crippled, burned up, or have miserable social or sex lives? Do they have it better than a poor or middle class guy who has a nice social life and can get any woman/guy he or she wants? One who has a good relationship with family also?

Or is it simply a matter of having the most fun? I can't decide if my life is successful right now because I don't make tons of money doing security and being a salesman, but I am comfortable, have my own room (even if it's in my mom's apartment), and have a fun social life. Women is not an issue....

But I don't have my own place and I haven't travelled outside of the country since 2005, when me and my fam went to Canada. Personally, I think my life has been successful so far, only because I am enjoying most moments of it.

Truth be told, what IS the definition of a successful life?

Comments

• kingblaze84
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Oh yeah and I'm 26.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It's when you seek validation on an online forum.
  • MonRoch
    MonRoch Members Posts: 73
    edited December 2010
    Options
    To me, a successful live is a living in ? 's will. letting him use you to do good. your stuff doesn't amount to your worth. you're worth somethin' without your job, your house, and your family. many people are depressed because them got their stuff taken away. they thought that stuff made them worth something.

i know there might be people on here who does believe in ? , but that's what a successful life to me too.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    if ur TRULY happy and not jus puttin on a front to save face..
    then ur life is a success..

there's no clear cut answer.. its all on the individual..
  • moongodthoth
    moongodthoth Members Posts: 76
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I believe a successful life is to raise your vibration to the highest frequency possible.

To obtain universal understanding.

To have contributed something creatively to society. We don't get enough of this. Human being are creators in every sense. I believe that is what we are here for because each person possesses a unique perspective and imagination.

To strive for perfection in unifying your physical, mental, and emotional attributes. Humans should never stop pushing themselves.

And above all, to connect with the opposite sex, bring children into the world, and teach them right from wrong. You may not be able to change the world in this lifetime (although I believe it's never too late to make a difference) but the babies possess infinite potential.

If all this is obtained, without a doubt you will inherit whatever you want, whether material or ethereal.
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If you believe in ? I'd say it's a life that has lead to heaven whatever your conception of how that may be attained and what it is exactly

If you don't believe in ? .....I'm not sure?

How would you define your success in that case?
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I dont have a definition. I do think we hit milestones in our life where we redefine what success means to us....
    You might get to a point in your life where you achieved your personal goals, next step might be to help your family, after that might be something related to philanthropy.
    I dunno.
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Is it the amount of money you make? Well, rich people could have it nice but what if they're crippled, burned up, or have miserable social or sex lives? Do they have it better than a poor or middle class guy who has a nice social life and can get any woman/guy he or she wants? One who has a good relationship with family also?

Or is it simply a matter of having the most fun? I can't decide if my life is successful right now because I don't make tons of money doing security and being a salesman, but I am comfortable, have my own room (even if it's in my mom's apartment), and have a fun social life. Women is not an issue....

But I don't have my own place and I haven't travelled outside of the country since 2005, when me and my fam went to Canada. Personally, I think my life has been successful so far, only because I am enjoying most moments of it.

To me the definition of a successful life is any life that tryed to live.

I think alot can be said for the simplist of life that trys to live. I also think alot can be said for the complicated life that trys to live. But mostly what needs be said is that they tryed to live.

Any life lived is better then not having a life imo.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    A successful life is a comfortable one. When you're happy with your house, your car, your normal (or just above normal) job, your family and friends I think that's a successful life.
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    if ur TRULY happy and not jus puttin on a front to save face..
    then ur life is a success..

there's no clear cut answer.. its all on the individual..

werd

some 1 would be happy with the life as a monk som1 else would be only happy if they reach billions
    to each they own
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Still alive?

Success!
  • cityslicka
    cityslicka Members Posts: 177
    edited December 2010
    Options
    in my opinion a well payin career(100k+), cars , enough money to do whatever u want whenever u want. great connections/network. loving wife = u won in life
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    money

?

and winning online arguments with strangers you will never meet
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2010
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    It's when you seek validation on an online forum.

ORRRRRRRRRR maybe I just want to know what other people think = )
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I appreciate all the feedback, very interesting posts here made by all.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Whatever makes you happy.

My success is being wealthy, having a good family, and doing right with my money.
    My brothers version of success is going from prison, to having a job for the last 6 years and having his own house now.
    It seems your success is having a roof over your head and great people around you.
  • InLightinShit
    InLightinShit Members Posts: 72
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Life without fear
  • Joycehardin
    Joycehardin Members Posts: 5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    A successful life is when you are happy and also make others around you happy and satisfied with the life you are now. With the kind of life we have today, it's so hard to make someone happy. So our goal in life should not only making money but be content with what we have. This is much harder to do, but we must try.
  • sniperk
    sniperk Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

ETHER... you 26 and living in your Mom's apartment? BWAH-HA-HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2010
    Options
    sniperk wrote: »
    ETHER... you 26 and living in your Mom's apartment? BWAH-HA-HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO.....I can move out with friends anytime I want, plenty of them have their own apartment.

I just like to save money, the same money you could use to, uhhhh, treat your leaukemia?
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2010
    Options
    SMH at sniperk mad cuz some people and I snapped on him in the Reason.......LMAO.....it's ok, your cancer will be cured any second now.
  • sniperk
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Oh ? , bro. You stay losing...

I exposed your ? in 5 minutes...

Haha... I'll take my supposed 'cancerous' ass to the next overseas spot...

Maybe I'll buy some encyclopedias from you... so you and your mom's can eat tonite...

BWAH HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • sniperk
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You got the block locked with your cheap subscriptions to JET magazine???

BWAH HA HA
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    when you're excited to wake up every morning.
  • sniperk
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Kay. wrote: »
    When you have everything you need, and enough of what you want to satisfy yourself.

I was clowning on kingblaze for mocking my 'bald slick' look. But I cosign your quote...