TRANSFORMERS Animated movie appreciation

Options
clairvoyance
clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
This right here is shakespear.............................

UNICRONWelcome, Megatron.
MEGATRONWho said that?
UNICRON I am Unicron
MEGATRON Show yourself!
UNICRON I have summoned you here for a purpose MEGATRON Nobody summons Megatron!
UNICRON Then it pleases me to be the first.
MEGATRON State your business.
UNICRON Bring me the Autobot Matrix. It is the one thing - the only thing that can stand in my way.
MEGATRON You have nothing to fear. I have already crushed Optimus Prime with my bare hands.
UNICRON You exaggerate.
MEGATRON The point is, he is dead! And the Matrix died with him.
UNICRON No. It has been passed to their new leader. Get it for me
MEGATRON Why should I? What's in it for me?
UNICRON Your bargaining posture is highly dubious, but very well, I will provide you with a new body, and new troops to command
MEGATRON And...
UNICRON And nothing!You belong to me now.
MEGATRON I belong to nobody!
UNICRON Perhaps I misjudged you. Proceed on your way to oblivion.
MEGATRON No, no. I accept your terms. I accept!
UNICRON Excellent!

I grew up on this movie so its only right that I shed light on this classic. From the advanced dialogue with broad vocabulary to the adult like story written for this childrens cartoon made it all more memorable. This movie had death treachoury,violence, and even 1 or 2 curse words to add. This was more than just a story between good and evil but even showed theres no honor amongst thieves (Megatron,Starscream). Looking back Its hard to comprehend how ahead of its time this movie was "they was talking about the matrix" way before the blockbuster hit with Laurence fishburn & keanu reeves. The level of imagination was endless in this flick I can go on and on but I digress to leave it to u discuss your favorite scene,line,character,etc. Lets take back to the 80s for a sec and put that michael bay catastrophe to rest.......

Comments

• Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

UNICRONWelcome, Megatron.
    MEGATRONWho said that?
    UNICRON I am Unicron
    MEGATRON Show yourself!
    UNICRON I have summoned you here for a purpose MEGATRON Nobody summons Megatron!
    UNICRON Then it pleases me to be the first.
    MEGATRON State your business.
    UNICRON Bring me the Autobot Matrix. It is the one thing - the only thing that can stand in my way.
    MEGATRON You have nothing to fear. I have already crushed Optimus Prime with my bare hands.
    UNICRON You exaggerate.
    UNICRON No. It has been passed to their new leader ULTRA MAGNUS. Get it for me
    MEGATRON Why should I? What's in it for me?
    UNICRON Your bargaining posture is highly dubious, but very well, I will provide you with a new body, and new troops to command
    MEGATRON And...
    UNICRON And nothing!You belong to me now.
    MEGATRON I belong to nobody!
    UNICRON Perhaps I misjudged you. Proceed on your way to oblivion.
    MEGATRON No, no. I accept your terms. I accept!
    UNICRON Excellent!

I grew up on this movie so its only right that I shed light on this classic. From the advanced dialogue with broad vocabulary to the adult like story written for this childrens cartoon made it all more memorable. This movie had death treachoury,violence, and even 1 or 2 curse words to add. This was more than just a story between good and evil but even showed theres no honor amongst thieves (Megatron,Starscream). Looking back Its hard to comprehend how ahead of its time this movie was "they was talking about the matrix" way before the blockbuster hit with Laurence fishburn & keanu reeves. The level of imagination was endless in this flick I can go on and on but I digress to leave it to u discuss your favorite scene,line,character,etc. Lets take back to the 80s for a sec and put that michael bay catastrophe to rest. "Transform"

Corrected. Added Ultra Magnus

Damn shame I know this movie line for line. And the Autobot Matrix of Leadership has NOTHING to do with the movie Matrix, just in name. The Autobot Matrix of Leadership is the spark of Primus and all fallen Autobot Leaders. The Autobot Matrix of Leadership gives life to native Cybertronian Transformers and drowns out the darkness of Evil with light.
  • clairvoyance
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    Corrected. Added Ultra Magnus

Damn shame I know this movie line for line. And the Autobot Matrix of Leadership has NOTHING to do with the movie Matrix, just in name. The Autobot Matrix of Leadership is the spark of Primus and all fallen Autobot Leaders. The Autobot Matrix of Leadership gives life to native Cybertronian Transformers and drowns out the darkness of Evil with light.

ok thnx man...i got a lil ahead of myself with the analogy
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Classic, I've must of watched it a million times as a kid. I remember in 3rd Grade at the end of the year my teacher said that one friday was movie day. So she said does anyone have an suggestions. I raised my hand and said "Transformers the movie" the whole class erupted in cheers and we watched it that friday. LOL, the movie just brings back memories. The funny thing is Galvatron was voiced by Leonard 'Spock" Nemoy. And Hot Rod was voiced by Judd Nelson who played in "New Jack City" and "Breakfast Club". Great movie.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Still one of my favorites.

Generation One Transformers>>>>all the other Transformers related ? .

The Death of Starscream.

Starscream: Megatron..is that you?!

Galvatron: Here's a hint!! *transforms and blows Starscream to ashes*

Classic indeed.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I DL'd this the other day in high quality ............ for the memories
  • antoseeg
    antoseeg Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Classic ? , I even bang to that song that Optimus Prime was riding to when he was going to save the city and got killed.
  • dreadstatah
    dreadstatah Members Posts: 98 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

UNICRON No. It has been passed to their new leader. Get it for me

Actually Unicron hit em with ....:The point is you're a fool,........then said what you got...lol....im addicted to that movie too,
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I never understood why Michael Bay's movies didn't use the exact G1 transformers and just make it live action,the scene where devestator forms when the decipticons attack Autobot city is dope.

I also like the scene where Blaster's tapes fight Soundwave's

Transformers was ahead of it's time,and you could tell the creators were hip-hop heads.....Blaster(slang term for Boombox)turned into a boombox and spoke in rhymes and Soundwave had the distorted voice and his tapes(Rumble and Ravage I think)spoke in rhyme too !
  • Mally_G
    edited December 2010
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    Transformers was ahead of it's time,and you could tell the creators were hip-hop heads.....Blaster(slang term for Boombox)turned into a boombox and spoke in rhymes and Soundwave had the distorted voice and his tapes(Rumble and Ravage I think)spoke in rhyme too !

I swear Rumble was from the Bronx with that accent. Hence the theme Rumble in the Bronx

these two kats right here brought new life to the movie. One dude uses hand crafted backgrounds, the other goes digital. But both tell the story.

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
  • freshb651
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I swear Rumble was from the Bronx with that accent. Hence the theme Rumble in the Bronx

these two kats right here brought new life to the movie. One dude uses hand crafted backgrounds, the other goes digital. But both tell the story.

those were creative
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Also the Soundtrack was ? . So many dope songs on that soundtrack. Love "You got the Touch" song.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    *insert trillest transformation ever*

This ? here is the GOAT transformation. I posted this same clip in a "Greatest Moments in Anime" thread a while back. The look on Galvatron's face @ 1:12 when he finally sees a transformed Unicron is priceless.
  • DrMindbender122
    edited December 2010
    Options

The Death of Starscream.

Classic indeed.

It's kinda messed up how Starscream was the original "Kenny from Southpark". I mean, they killed that ? in nearly every version/series of a Transformers series ever made.
  • DrMindbender122
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I never understood why Michael Bay's movies didn't use the exact G1 transformers and just make it live action,the scene where devestator forms when the decipticons attack Autobot city is dope.

I also like the scene where Blaster's tapes fight Soundwave's

That brawl is near the end of this clip. C/S to whomever said that this movie was before it's time. I show this ? to my younger relatives and their mouths drop on the floor whenever they see it for the 1st time.
  • Mally_G
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Decepticons went hard on that attack on Autobot City.

Imagine if the Autobots were able to transform Autobot City the way they really wanted, the Decepticons would have lost big time, because they would have to deal with Metroplex

300px-Metroplex-UK.jpg
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I can agree with this post...another classic moment IMO was when Autobot City/Fortress Maximus was transforming, and Starscream had to shoot off his own foot to escape...I thought that was a nice touch.

honestly, the movie was the ? , but there were parts I really wasn't feeling...such as the death of Optimus Prime, and the ascending of Hot Rod to Rodimus Prime...Iunno...

? , prime's death was the highlight of the movie. b/c that ish was unexpected. no one predicted mofos was gonna die in the movie. ESPECIALLY prime. that what made the scene so epic.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This ? here is the GOAT transformation. I posted this same clip in a "Greatest Moments in Anime" thread a while back. The look on Galvatron's face @ 1:12 when he finally sees a transformed Unicron is priceless.

hell yeah. ? crapped on himself after seeing unicron's true form.
  • freshb651
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Decepticons went hard on that attack on Autobot City.

Imagine if the Autobots were able to transform Autobot City the way they really wanted, the Decepticons would have lost big time, because they would have to deal with Metroplex

300px-Metroplex-UK.jpg

is that what they were trying to do ?,form Metroplex ??
  • clairvoyance
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Classic, I've must of watched it a million times as a kid. I remember in 3rd Grade at the end of the year my teacher said that one friday was movie day. So she said does anyone have an suggestions. I raised my hand and said "Transformers the movie" the whole class erupted in cheers and we watched it that friday. LOL, the movie just brings back memories. The funny thing is Galvatron was voiced by Leonard 'Spock" Nemoy. And Hot Rod was voiced by Judd Nelson who played in "New Jack City" and "Breakfast Club". Great movie.

Cool anecdote....And yall have to excuse me for the script I copied it from a site I knew it was a lil off but still my favorite scene.

I think optimus prime's death set the tone for the movie to let u know what u was installed for, it threw me off a lil at first being he was my favorite character & it was hot rods fault then only for him to take his place I thought the story still panned out well without him. I pretty much c/s everything thus far from the music,starscreams death was classic(c/s to the fullest discipline),to the hip hop influence. Galvatron was rocking the matrix around his neck like a medallion thats gangsta on so many different levels.

Galvabling.jpg

One of my favorite scenes is when the decepticons hijacked the shuttle and offed those low class autobots, came threw the gate like "we takin over, this is all us right here" then hot rod started blazing at them on sight without hesitation."such heroic nonsense"

and good looks on the metroplex info never knew about him before.
  • DrMindbender122
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Cool anecdote....And yall have to excuse me for the script I copied it from a site I knew it was a lil off but still my favorite scene.

I think optimus prime's death set the tone for the movie to let u know what u was installed for, it threw me off a lil at first being he was my favorite character & it was hot rods fault then only for him to take his place I thought the story still panned out well without him. I pretty much c/s everything thus far from the music,starscreams death was classic,to the hip hop influence. Galvatron was rocking the matrix around his neck like a medallion thats gangsta on so many different levels.

Galvabling.jpg

Sadly, G1 Transformers went to Hell after the movie. Of course, they did a few things like return Starscream & Prime back to life. But overall, they ran that series into the ground once they continue on where the movie left off. Headmasters, the newer Autobots/Decepticons and such...awful, just awful.

On another note, I always thought this parody of Optimus Prime's revival was pretty funny.

And this one about when the Dinobots were created and ? up the Ark (the old Autbots headquarters/spaceship in the mountain that they crashed landed on when they 1st came to Earth).
  • DrMindbender122
    edited December 2010
    Options
    is that what they were trying to do ?,form Metroplex ??

I dunno where I read it, but I distinctly remember one of the reasons why the Autobots couldn't form Metroplex was because his transformation cog was damaged during the attack on Autobot City.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

The Death of Starscream.

Classic indeed.

Mayne, you forgot the best line of that part (IMHO)

Galvatron: Coronation Starscream? This is bad comedy!

The only thing better would have been him adding a Colonel Stinkmeanoresque "NYAGGA!!!"
  • Mally_G
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I dunno where I read it, but I distinctly remember one of the reasons why the Autobots couldn't form Metroplex was because his transformation cog was damaged during the attack on Autobot City.

Yeah, there's a offline story that the cog was damaged during the attack on the city. But during the movie, they really just wanted to turn Autobot City/Metroplex into his Battle Fortress mode. The Decepts put in work on ? up the city and it's hard to imagine that the Autobots were that surprised by the attack that they could not recover from the assult. But the Decepts were that relentless in their mission to ? that the 'Bots were that shook and couldn't get their footing together.

That picture I posted of Metroplex in robot mode is from the UK version of the comic that was a continuity from the movie. The Quintessons gathered their Sharkticon army to attack Autobot City and ? Rodimus Prime and a second attack on Cybertron to attack Commander Soundwave and wipe out the Decepticons. But Rodimus was able to unleash Metroplex and Soundwave formed an alliance with the Autobots on Cybertron to stop the slaughter. The ill thing about the attack was that the Quintessons were hanging the dead Autobots from a wall to demoralize Rodimus and the surviving 'Bots. I think if the American version of the cartoon had the UK writers of the comic, the cartoon wouldn't have fell off.