Jon Favreau NOT directing Iron Man 3

Options
dat_bk_nicca
dat_bk_nicca Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Jon Favreau will not be returning to the Marvel Universe for a third Iron Man film, Vulture reports.

The article suggests that the choice was made at the director's discretion and that he informed Marvel Studios of his decision this morning. Though Favreau's reasoning is purely speculatory at this stage, it is likely that the director simply wishes to pursue other creative ventures. With the upcoming Cowboys & Aliens hitting next summer and The Magic Kingdom in the early planning stages, Favreau should remain suitably busy for the time being.

SuperHeroHype is seeking official confirmation of the news and will bring you updates as soon as they become available.

marvel ? up again, wat are yall thoughts?

Comments

• clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    who cares prt 2 sucked.
  • dat_bk_nicca
    edited December 2010
    Options
    who cares prt 2 sucked.

yea but i bet u gonna see part 3 tho ?
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    who cares prt 2 sucked.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    who cares prt 2 sucked.
    -Karl- wrote: »
    who cares prt 2 sucked.

...Then stay home...
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Part 2 wasn't as good as Part 1, but it wasn't a bad movie, by any means.

Besides, I hesitate to call ANY movie with Scarlett Johansson running around in tight leather a bad movie. LOL!

I don't see this as a big problem just yet. I'll wait and see who they bring in to replace Favreau before I panic.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Jon Favreau will not be returning to the Marvel Universe for a third Iron Man film, Vulture reports.

The article suggests that the choice was made at the director's discretion and that he informed Marvel Studios of his decision this morning. Though Favreau's reasoning is purely speculatory at this stage, it is likely that the director simply wishes to pursue other creative ventures. With the upcoming Cowboys & Aliens hitting next summer and The Magic Kingdom in the early planning stages, Favreau should remain suitably busy for the time being.

SuperHeroHype is seeking official confirmation of the news and will bring you updates as soon as they become available.

marvel ? up again, wat are yall thoughts?

How is that Marvel ? up when HE decided to leave to pursue other things?
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Iron Man 2 Wasnt Really Bad Just Boring....Lets See What Somebody Else Can Do The With Franchise...
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    marvel is slipping...first ed norton being replaced now this?
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Part 2 had good action sequences but was too little action and too much talking
  • dat_bk_nicca
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i herd that jon favreau was having problems wit robert downey jr
  • IC's Patrick Bateman
    IC's Patrick Bateman Members Posts: 536
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i liked Iron Man 2. that said, by the third movie the whole thing is gonna be played the ? out so i don't see this turning out very well.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    part 2 was one long product placement ad.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yea but i bet u gonna see part 3 tho ?

do u mean ? as In one who is sensitive and throws a fit when another doesnt agree with theyre lack of taste? hmmm
    traestar wrote: »
    ...Then stay home...
    dude it sucked deal with it & stop crying. Im sorry im not as easily entertain as u are. Some flicks are not worth constructive criticism *shrugs*.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I think he should of been able to finish the trilogy. But him getting Terence Howard Fired and making a lackluster sequel (That Final Battle Scene was so UN-Epic it was Pathetic, LOL @ the final battle being 2 minutes). It's sad what happen to "Iron Man", after watching Part 1, I felt it was going to be one of the greatest comic book trilogies ever but Part II and now Favereu getting replaced means Part 3 will probably be average. Sad, so promising. It will make money but Part II may have killed the series. Terence Howard is laughing somewhere.
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Iron Man series was supposed to be on some Batman/Chris Nolan ? ...instead it ended up on some Spiderman/Sam Raimi ? ...I know Tony has hella suits n ? ....but most of Part 1 was based around waiting for the Iron Man suit to be perfected, and waiting for the villian...part 2 shoulda been WAY more action and way less "waiting on the suit to be perfected"....you have a dude that's supposed to be as smart as Tony but for some inexplicable reason, he offs himself with a rocket at the end...while letting Tony and friend escape?
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I think he should of been able to finish the trilogy. But him getting Terence Howard Fired and making a lackluster sequel (That Final Battle Scene was so UN-Epic it was Pathetic, LOL @ the final battle being 2 minutes). It's sad what happen to "Iron Man", after watching Part 1, I felt it was going to be one of the greatest comic book trilogies ever but Part II and now Favereu getting replaced means Part 3 will probably be average. Sad, so promising. It will make money but Part II may have killed the series. Terence Howard is laughing somewhere.

it was always going to be the dark knight series bruh...iron man was straight though
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i enjoyed 2. interesting as to how pt.3 will turn out. hell i didn't kno they were planning on a pt.3
  • JazznJazz
    JazznJazz Members Posts: 152
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Nice, I smell an Armor Wars Plot. I'm loving it. Marvel is doing a good thing with these new movies.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    do u mean ? as In one who is sensitive and throws a fit when another doesnt agree with theyre lack of taste? hmmm

dude it sucked deal with it & stop crying. Im sorry im not as easily entertain as u are. Some flicks are not worth constructive criticism *shrugs*.

It sounds like you're crying dude, if you don't like something why take the time to diss it, with not even a good reason?

I loved the movie, even though there wasn't that much action in it in comparison to the first one, and the boss battle is incredibly short and rushed!
    But Overall I loved the movie!