Kanye beats vs Dre beats

Options
raperxz
raperxz Members Posts: 356 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in The Face Off Forum
i read here that Kanye's top 50 beats >>>>>> Dre's top 50 ...do other also think that ? What are the top 10 beats from each producer and can you compare them in terms of quality ?

Comments

• georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm glad someone made this thread, so that people can finally get this whole Kanye vs. Dre notion deaded. Seriously, every Dr. Dre thread on this site created since MBDTF has had Kanye fans in it saying Kanye >>>> Dre. It seems rather insecure of his fans if you ask me. Why? Because going into threads that have absolutely nothing to do with Kanye is a little overboard when if Kanye is truly better than Dre, the work would speak for itself without it having to be reinforced everytime Dre's name is brought up.
  • Intellectual_Liberal
    Intellectual_Liberal Members Posts: 192
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm glad someone made this thread, so that people can finally get this whole Kanye vs. Dre notion deaded. Seriously, every Dr. Dre thread on this site created since MBDTF has had Kanye fans in it saying Kanye >>>> Dre. It seems rather insecure of his fans if you ask me. Why? Because going into threads that have absolutely nothing to do with Kanye is a little overboard when if Kanye is truly better than Dre, the work would speak for itself without it having to be reinforced everytime Dre's name is brought up.
    ^^^This^^^

And I'm a fan of both Dre and Kanye....
  • Why Hate DatNiggaB?
    Why Hate DatNiggaB? Banned Users Posts: 138
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Dre wins based on impact he has had on the game for the last 30 years.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

can't really say all that man.

this is hip hop and competition is one of the driving forces of this genre.

you can't change or make any producer or MC exempt from that , regardless of what they did 20 years ago.

which why you got to stay on point , and if headz feeling a youngbuck more than the old head who's fault is that?
  • a.mann
    edited December 2010
    Options

ok lets ? all that "impact" "influence" ? right now.

it's 2010's

posted up them Dre beats you feel makes him so much better then Ye' behind the boards

Go :|
  • georgia boi
    edited December 2010
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    can't really say all that man.

this is hip hop and ompetition is one of the driving forces of this genre.

you can't change or make any producer or MC exempt from that , regardless of what they did 20 years ago.

which why you got to stay on point , and if headz feeling a youngbuck more than the old head who's fault is that?

That isn't the point. Feeling something more than the other is one thing, but when they aren't being compared to begin with and to then bring in an argument about one being better than the other without the former having nothing to do with the conversation is another. It's like someone making an appreciation thread for Stevie Wonder and a random poster saying MJ>>>>Stevie Wonder. That's a whole different argument when an argument wasn't warranted to begin with.
  • Why Hate DatNiggaB?
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ok lets ? all that "impact" "influence" ? right now.

it's 2010's

posted up them Dre beats you feel makes him so much better then Ye' behind the boards

Go :|

LOL....I cant post tracks cause I'm at work, but lets be honest Dre was/is an inovator in this game. People like Dre make it possible for the Kanye's to come in the game and improve on what the orignators have already done.
  • a.mann
    edited December 2010
    Options
    That isn't the point. Feeling something more than the other is one thing, but when they aren't being compared to begin with and to then bring in an argument about one being better than the other without the former having nothing to do with the conversation is another. It's like someone making an appreciation thread for Stevie Wonder and a random poster saying MJ>>>>Stevie Wonder. That's a whole different argument when an argument wasn't warranted to begin with.

but thats just how it is, if someone saying MJ is better than SW, ok post up them tracks and explain why.

not saying it's change a persons mind but to just give someone a W for past achievements when that person is still active in the persent isn't actually fair either.

if Dre had stop back in his glory days of G-Funk, it'll be very hard to disprove his greateness.

not everyone go by that, of what you DID, but of what you are DOING.

Like a QB in the NFL ....you only as good as your last pass......, in hip hop some headz feel a producer is only as good as they last banger.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I feel special cuz i made the ye>dre comment :)
  • a.mann
    edited December 2010
    Options
    LOL....I cant post tracks cause I'm at work, but lets be honest Dre was/is an inovator in this game. People like Dre make it possible for the Kanye's to come in the game and improve on what the orignators have already done.

music ,man back ya claim up with sonic aurgements

not propaganda and rhetoric

you feel Dre is better then Ye right now cause of tracks like this ___________________,and this ________________________

(post them when ya get off)
  • Why Hate DatNiggaB?
    edited December 2010
    Options
    music ,man back ya claim up with sonic aurgements

not propaganda and rhetoric

you feel Dre is better then Ye right now cause of tracks like this ___________________,and this ________________________

(post them when ya get off)

My bad, right now?.....right now I aint impressed wit Dre that much. Kanye is the inovator at the moment but it would be unfair to judge Dre until you hear Detox.
  • georgia boi
    edited December 2010
    Options
    but thats just how it is, if someone saying MJ is better than SW, ok post up them tracks and explain why.

not saying it's change a persons mind but to just give someone a W for past achievements when that person is still active in the persent isn't actually fair either.

if Dre had stop back in his glory days of G-Funk, it'll be very hard to disprove his greateness.

not everyone go by that, of what you DID, but of what you are DOING.

Like a QB in the NFL ....you only as good as your last pass......, in hip hop some headz feel a producer is only as good as they last banger.

I'm not knocking anyone thinking Kanye is better than Dre even though it's something that I definitely don't agree with. I'm pointing out the fact that people inappropriately compare Kanye to Dre when Kanye doesn't even have anything to do with the topic. Now that we have a thread about it, I don't see Kanye's supporters proving the point when there was a lot to say in the threads having to do w/ DRE's Top 50 beats, DRE's Kush video, and the threads concerning DRE's Detox. Now that both names are mentioned in conjunction of each other, it's like people are avoiding the topic.

Right now, Kanye is the best Hip Hop producer. Overall, Kanye's argualby Top 10:

Dr. Dre
    RZA
    Premo
    Pete Rock
    Marley Marl
    Rick Rubin
    Bomb Squad
    Timbaland
    The Neptunes
    Kanye West
  • a.mann
    edited December 2010
    Options
    My bad, right now?.....right now I aint impressed wit Dre that much. Kanye is the inovator at the moment but it would be unfair to judge Dre until you hear Detox.

Dre has released and produced MORE then enough material over the last 5 years

were him and Ye' skillz can be compared WITHOUT Detox
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm not knocking anyone thinking Kanye is better than Dre even though it's something that I definitely don't agree with. I'm pointing out the fact that people inappropriately compare Kanye to Dre when Kanye doesn't even have anything to do with the topic. Now that we have a thread about it, I don't see Kanye's supporters proving the point when there was a lot to say in the threads having to do w/ DRE's Top 50 beats, DRE's Kush video, and the threads concerning DRE's Detox. Now that both names are mentioned in conjunction of each other, it's like people are avoiding the topic.

Right now, Kanye is the best Hip Hop producer. Overall, Kanye's argualby Top 10:

Dr. Dre
    RZA
    Premo
    Pete Rock
    Marley Marl
    Rick Rubin
    Bomb Squad
    Timbaland
    The Neptunes
    Kanye West

aye dude u can scratch the neptunes out and add mannie fresh .....
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    people got it twisted the hear Kanye on a track and automatically think he produced it. most of his big track he either co produced or didnt produce at all , dr dre> Kanye as a producer till the end of time
  • flushill401
    flushill401 Members Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    blackbloc wrote: »
    people got it twisted the hear Kanye on a track and automatically think he produced it. most of his big track he either co produced or didnt produce at all , dr dre> Kanye as a producer till the end of time
    Yeah but you can say the same thing about Dre.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm not even sure Kanye is better than Just Blaze, people are so caught up in the now that they forget how long Dre's catalog is and that's only the ? we hear, i can only imagine what that chamber of music that Mel Man talked about sound like.
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If i was a rapper and had to choose who produced my album id go with dre

I could sit here all day posting these but cant be ? .
  • a.mann
    edited December 2010
    Options
    f i was a rapper and had to choose who produced my album id go with dre

I could sit here all day posting these but cant be ? .

funny you should say that
    cuz pretty good rapper" did choose Dre to produced one of his album and he said it was one of his worst creatively

and had to basically omit him from his next release.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »
    I feel special cuz i made the ye>dre comment :)

? catchin feelings..............
  • master_mentor
    master_mentor Members Posts: 222
    edited December 2010
    Options

30 years? Lol...its max. 20. Dre was on top till 2003, now he is just average. Kanye is since 2003 the number one hip hop producer, so longevitywise Dre wins now. Qualitywise, the lyrics on Kanye's productions are much better....
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ^^^NWA lyrics alone are better, more creative, groundbreaking then anything anybody has done with Kanye

Kanye has another 10 years or so to even compete with a top 50 beats by Dre. Im sure he would tell you the same.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    30 years? Lol...its max. 20. Dre was on top till 2003, now he is just average. Kanye is since 2003 the number one hip hop producer, so longevitywise Dre wins now. Qualitywise, the lyrics on Kanye's productions are much better....

In the words of Ole ? Bastard, nigguh please!!!!!

Straight out of Compton
    Niggazforlife
    No one can do it better
    The Chronic
    ?
    etc

Dre has held down numerous classic by himself on the production, outside of his work on his own album Kanye hasn't. He split duties with Just and Bink on the Blueprint, split work with Dilla on Common's Be,etc. When has Kanye ever broken a new artist like Dre has, when has he ever define a region like Dre has. Who can take 10 years off at a time, come back and fans still react the same.
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Keep in mind, production consist or more than just finessing a beat arrangement and with that in mind Dre >>> Kanye.

But Kanye is in the top 10 definitely. Doe's Kanye have any hits off an original track that he cooked up from scratch? (without loops/samples?)