what ideas do you have to get this forum poppin?

Options
IamtheVILLE
IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
im tired of the gns. its the same ? and im startin to frequent this thang alot. we need suggestions. give some and ill try to make it happen.

one suggestion i have is tell your damn friends to join the fun. sign up and post with all us loons.

Comments

• stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    whats the gns?
  • IamtheVILLE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    whats the gns?

? either youre playin or you are really stone faced
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I just click Whats New and scan errythang
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ? either youre playin or you are really stone faced

oh, I got you, mind drew a blank
  • IamtheVILLE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    we need to get it poppin in this joint like gns and the reason. lets get it
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i like the L,C,A but maybe theres not enough interesting new movies to keep it poppin like that
  • IamtheVILLE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    TimroD wrote: »
    i like the L,C,A but maybe theres not enough interesting new movies to keep it poppin like that

if that be the case then lets just make threads that show case how we feel about movies, tv shows, hell even commercials. im tired of the other rooms and im ready to move on. if you get my drift.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It depends on the way you want to get this forum poppin. I think we need to start talking more about individual actors and actresses; right now, its typically oriented around shows and movies. Another idea is that we can talk about shows aren't that popular and try to drum up support.

But that being said, I don't want this to devolve into GnS. Do you really want some more "and you know what else I hate about white people" and "black women ain't ? " threads around here? No diss to anyone who posts a lot on GnS, but the entire forum is swarming with posters with insecurity issues.
  • IamtheVILLE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It depends on the way you want to get this forum poppin. I think we need to start talking more about individual actors and actresses; right now, its typically oriented around shows and movies. Another idea is that we can talk about shows aren't that popular and try to drum up support.

But that being said, I don't want this to devolve into GnS. Do you really want some more "and you know what else I hate about white people" and "black women ain't ? " threads around here? No diss to anyone who posts a lot on GnS, but the entire forum is swarming with posters with insecurity issues.

i feel you with that gns ? but ? like that will automatically get deleted no prob im like what you talkin bout maybe we need to do that ? .
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I for one would like to see this forum flourish as well. I agree with the ideas posted earlier in this thread.
  • IamtheVILLE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    well lets put it like this. any idea you have go for it. if you decide to make a thread and you posted in this thread then i will post in your thread and even if its just the two of us we/i will try to get that thang poppin. im tired of the gns and its ? its time for a niglett to move on.
  • IamtheVILLE
    edited December 2010
    Options
  • IamtheVILLE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    more e,b,r,c.

you know i like this
  • supahwundah
    supahwundah Members Posts: 35
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The Internet is filled with people who have insecurity problems not to mention Magazines, Radio, and TV.These people really need to get a life but anyway an eye candy thread doesn't sound too good because of Ill Museum of Pix.I think like they said, we should also discuss Actors/Actresses and Directors.Not to mention the films/tv shows that aren't so popular and maybe have people give Reviews of the film or show and discuss why it or they are good and why it or they suck.Also discuss Tv Networks like the dude who recently posted about Spike Tv saying how it sucks.

P.S something I noticed about allhiphop is when they took the IC away once they brought it back the GNS was the first one to bounce back.So basically the main forums to come back are the ones where you post a bunch of ignorant ? like cheating, or dissing.I ain't been to GNS since like 08.I got tired of the same ? being posted every week.Either someone is dissing somebody or someones kissing ass.I guess ? feed off that ignorant ? .
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ummm..... I don't think the discussion threads should be limited to new releases. Sometimes I feel like talking about The Shining or Stephen King movies in general but I think twice about making a thread because they're not new.

Also people seem to like the games. There's a ton of different games like this on Imdb.

And one last thing, the T/S should be required to provide atleast a statement or question that leads to an in-depth discussion. Just posting a trailer and saying "this looks good" (which I've done), is not going to generate alot of replies. I've seen many of these posted and there's really no point to them.
  • IamtheVILLE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i agree with all of yall. like i said at first if you posted in this forum and you start a thread i willl try to keep it going and poppin. we need to get this forum poppin cause im tired of the gns ? .
  • antoseeg
    antoseeg Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Better search engine optimization aka marketing. When you do a search for movie forums this forum is showing up.