Japenese Jazz-Hop Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Good thread ill make sure to peep nomak, Shin-ski etc.

Fat Jon been my dude same with Nujabes just got into Okawari, Hiroto, Michita

@Ruff
    A Son of the Sun has been the album i relax to after working out in the night since i peeped it.

One Dream>>>

The Japanese Jazz is good too. If you've ever heard the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack, they have a lot of cool stuff on there. I like what the Japanese do with Black inspired music. They actually try to add to it and make it their own instead of just copying the trends.

GOAT anime with a GOAT soundtrack.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ishi wrote: »
    Good thread ill make sure to peep nomak, Shin-ski etc.

Nomak is definitely someone to check out, but there are so many, I am still trying to discover everyone lol.

Ishi wrote:
    Fat Jon been my dude same with Nujabes just got into Okawari, Hiroto, Michita

@Ruff
    A Son of the Sun has been the album i relax to after working out in the night since i peeped it.

One Dream>>>

Really?! 81 Summer was my favourite from that release, but it is solid!!
    Ishi wrote:
    GOAT anime with a GOAT soundtrack.

You watch a lot of Anime? If so, can I PM you to discuss it? I've been getting into it lately, literally just finished watching Summer Wars - great film.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Nomak is definitely someone to check out, but there are so many, I am still trying to discover everyone lol.

Mos def so much good music i'm hearing out of the J.

Are these cats mainstream Japanese hip hop artists? If so there mainstream scene is pretty impressive compared to ours.

Really?! 81 Summer was my favourite from that release, but it is solid!!

Another dope track loved the whole vibe of these albums i'm hearing so chilled.

You watch a lot of Anime? If so, can I PM you to discuss it? I've been getting into it lately, literally just finished watching Summer Wars - great film.

Yeah I'm a huge anime fan shoot me a pm i'm always looking for another good anime/manga to watch/read.

Trigun,Cowboy Bebop, Darker Than Black, Rurioni Kenshin, FMA just some of my favorites.

Princess Monoake stays being my favorite animated movie period.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ishi wrote: »
    Mos def so much good music i'm hearing out of the J.

Are these cats mainstream Japanese hip hop artists? If so there mainstream scene is pretty impressive compared to ours.

Not to my knowledge no, for instance, earlier in the thread:
    wundahkind wrote: »
    hiphop in japan is mainly poppish typa mainstream stuff not too many ppl actually know nujabes and similar specially outside of tokyo.his death was a big shock to the whole scene but still excellent albums comin out.

Props on the Anime/Manga, I'll shoot you a PM later when I've watched Princess princess mononoke, bought it a while back in an obsessed Anime/Manga shop of Amazon!