Games you were hyped for and regretted not looking at reviews first...

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] rubbed off from frictionPosts: 0 ✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in IllGaming
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Hatter
    Hatter Members Posts: 2,451 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Final Fantasy XIII
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I copped Alpha Protocol lol

way back in the day I copped Daikatana and that other game on N64 where you have to shoot bugs, game reminded me of starship troopers but cannot think of the name. It was ?

Oh and I copped 90 minutes on the dreamcast WTF man
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Mercenaries 2 ............ just because I loved the first one on PS2
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    I copped Alpha Protocol lol

way back in the day I copped Daikatana and that other game on N64 where you have to shoot bugs, game reminded me of starship troopers but cannot think of the name. It was ?

Oh and I copped 90 minutes on the dreamcast WTF man

OUCH! I wanted that game so bad and also Rouge Warrior (or something like that), but I ALWAYS look at reviews.

Its a must that I look at reviews, I don't want to waste my money.
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hatter wrote: »
    Final Fantasy XIII

u gotta explain this one....
  • Kid Dynasty
    Kid Dynasty Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Def Jam Icon, ? that ? .
  • Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited December 2010
    Options
    A's Creed 1
    Godfather 2

im so let down about alpha protocol....it looked like it would be the most epic game but the IGN review jus killed it to a million pieces

forget checkin for reviews,i only buy games after they have been out for at least a month so i can read user reviews/forum comments and wait for patches

im still on the fence about New Vegas
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    iuno fam i never pay attention to reviews, i gotta go on my own. a lot of ppl were against games like Armored Core for example but to me its one of the best games ive ever played, lots of reviews say GTA & FF13 is GOAT but to me theyre both one of the WORST games ive ever played (& yes ive played and own every FF). to answer thread tho maybe KOF12, or The Bouncer.

sign in on PS3 and play me in vanilla sf4
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Legends Of Wrestlemania. Not that I hated the game, it got better once I got adjusted to the controls, I just wouldn't have paid full price for it had I known it was average at best. It's pretty hard to get burned these days when most games have demos.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What was that game for the Wii where you could shoot and use a samurai sword? I forgot what it's name was but it came out early for the Wii. That game had me highly upset because I just knew with the Wii technology and a SWORD game that joint would be rididic

EDIT: Nvm it was Red Steel. That ish had me with the screwface
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Def Jam Icon, ? that ? .

They need to bring this ? back to Fight for NY form, that was was the ?
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Mafia 2......saw the preview on xplay and that ? looked epic......bought the game and was let down....it wasn't terrible.... 6/10.......glad I checked the reviews for Wet......
  • BIGC129
    BIGC129 Members Posts: 635
    edited December 2010
    Options
    the first madden on 360....no career franchise you...players where almost square looking,list goes on... it was the worst madden ever...sold it the very next day went and coped nba2k6 which i was gonna do original cause been playin 2k since dreamcast and you can never go wrong with that game
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    LOL I never knew the guys behind Body Harvest later made GTA, ? makes sense now though.

young Ice, no not Jet Force Gemini(I liked that ? 2) I had to look it up, the game I copped back in the day was Armorines: Project S.W.A.R.M. (lol) it wasn't even that bad but was dissapoited in the co-op
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Words can not describe the level of disappointment I experienced once i started playing this pile of ? ...

yea i feel you on this ? . this game was a total let down...and i saw The Bouncer on here but i liked the game thought it was dope......i was also let down by Wet and Dark Sektor
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Quantum THeory such a bad rip of Gears im glad i rented it and didnt buy this peice of ? .
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    sometimes u cant take what a review of the game says for truth.. most of the time they are biased and opinionated.. cause i played that game "the darkness" and i loved it.. and the reviews where not so great on it... and i still havent played AC because of what reviews say.. but actually normal people say that assassin's creed goes hard.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Legends Of Wrestlemania. Not that I hated the game, it got better once I got adjusted to the controls, I just wouldn't have paid full price for it had I known it was average at best. It's pretty hard to get burned these days when most games have demos.

Co-sign.... but that was one of the easies 1000 GS points i couldve gotten (except from NFS:most wanted)
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Naughty Bear i was thinking it was gonnna be the 2nd coming of Conkers Bad Fur Day..even worse than the reviews was the fact that i bought it and someone stole it before i could even play it smh.
  • cutthecrapolabuddy
    cutthecrapolabuddy Members Posts: 367
    edited December 2010
    Options
    if you're talkin about the same one I'm thinkin about, it was called Body Harvest, and I cosign it's shittiness...

interestingly enough, the developers of that game were DMA, who later changed their studio name to Rockstar North...yeah...that Rockstar...and hasn't made a ? game since *smh

nah brah...it was called jet force gemini
  • stoneface
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    LOL I never knew the guys behind Body Harvest later made GTA, ? makes sense now though.

young Ice, no not Jet Force Gemini(I liked that ? 2) I had to look it up, the game I copped back in the day was Armorines: Project S.W.A.R.M. (lol) it wasn't even that bad but was dissapoited in the co-op

Armorines...I thought it was only fun in co-op, but single player was garbage
  • stoneface
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Jet Force Gemini is one of the most slept on N64 games, that game was epic
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    sometimes u cant take what a review of the game says for truth.. most of the time they are biased and opinionated.. cause i played that game "the darkness" and i loved it.. and the reviews where not so great on it... and i still havent played AC because of what reviews say.. but actually normal people say that assassin's creed goes hard.

Co-sign.......
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options