Why do we create ? in OUR own image?

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Are we just plainly selfish?

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Nah mostly ignorant.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So there's nothing a red man can't do?
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Nah mostly ignorant.

This.

And our mind creates things in our own images. The biblical ? seems to have alot of human qualities in aspects outside of appearance, therefore people associated appearance with what his mental state shows. Even if you look at sc-fi characters and such, they all possess human qualities because they come from the mind. Very rarely do you see a fictional character that does not possess human qualities.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Read romans 1 and you will have your answer. ? bless
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    DoU you look high as ? ?

you back on the drugs?
  • Bluff
    Bluff Members Posts: 7
    edited December 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Are we just plainly selfish?

Because religion has been changed and fabricated so much that we don't know what to believe.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This.

And our mind creates things in our own images. The biblical ? seems to have alot of human qualities in aspects outside of appearance, therefore people associated appearance with what his mental state shows. Even if you look at sc-fi characters and such, they all possess human qualities because they come from the mind. Very rarely do you see a fictional character that does not possess human qualities.

Yup. There's no other way for it to possibly be. We live our entire lives out through the confines of our mind. Everything, EVERYTHING, is perceived through the filter of the human mind.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    We all long to worship something...a ideology, a perspective, a point of view, a deity,...whatever that we feel meets that ultimate need. It's not just confined to the religious. The problem sometimes is that our service "demands" service in return. If what we serve doesn't live up to our standards of service, then we move on for whatever reasons we have. Or, we may conform what we serve to something "less convicting".
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    We all long to worship something...a ideology, a perspective, a point of view, a deity,...whatever that we feel meets that ultimate need. It's not just confined to the religious. The problem sometimes is that our service "demands" service in return. If what we serve doesn't live up to our standards of service, then we move on for whatever reasons we have. Or, we may conform what we serve to something "less convicting".

? , I'm marking this day on a calendar, I understood your whole post, woo hoo, YAY for ME01e27071.gif!
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ? , I'm marking this day on a calendar, I understood your whole post, woo hoo, YAY for ME01e27071.gif!

LMFAO
    BA stop pm'n me asking for nudes
    flatline.jpg