I hate xmas

Options
5toneg
5toneg Members Posts: 32
edited December 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
The winter solstice is coming on the 21st. The longest night of the year the point when the days start to get longer. When the sun is "born" or if you are a christian the "son" that jew on a stick.

I have hated xmas for a while. i wasnt around for it last year so this year i care even less. I cant wait until its over and things arent crowded. ppl just seem so stupid around this time. they go out and buy as much cheap made in china ? that they can.

I know I cant be the only one since the suicide rate is so high this time of year. what do you hate about it?

Comments

• b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    in hell its always christmas
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    however

christmas is my favorite holiday

next to yom kippur
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I hate the fact religion & scc try to attach the Most High & His Son to a day that has nothing to do w/them.. they were celebrating xmas way before Christ came into the flesh.... this is how He was able to give warning of this pagan custom in His Word. & you are so right about the winter solstice part along w/12-25 being the birth date of Nimrod who's mother came up w/the idea for the "tree" to represent nimrod's so call resurrection from the dead. PPl need to wake up & know who they honoring by celebrating this day along w/other holidays.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I like XMas cuz of the gifts. To be real. Other than that i can give a ? .

Plus winter time brings about clean air :tu
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    non present getters in this thread

lol

step yo family game up, bastids
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options

lol

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Free Stuff+Free Food+Easily Manipulatable Generosity=Great Holiday
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    I like XMas cuz of the gifts. To be real. Other than that i can give a ? .

Plus winter time brings about clean air :tu

lol

fiat_money wrote: »
    Free Stuff+Free Food+Easily Manipulatable Generosity=Great Holiday

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I am not fond of any religious holiday. I am one to be polite and wish ppl all the best with whatever holiday it is that is here at the time, but I find ppl to be so damn rude. Other day at the place you fill your car with fuel, I said to the attendant behind the counter, "thanks have a merry christmas" and he just glared at me like hwo dare I say it... now I get stares all the time as ppl assume i am some rough nut when i am not as have alot of scars in my face...

and he had a cross round his neck so not as though he wasnt down with xmas???? and i said it in a cheery tone and smiled.

so ? religious holidays. one day a year some pretend they about love and ? then rest of the year they forget and flip you off
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I enjoy xmas for the most part, but I kind of despise that people expect me to lie to their kids and pretend like santa is real. If you want to lie to your kids whatever, but don't expect me to.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I enjoy xmas for the most part, but I kind of despise that people expect me to lie to their kids and pretend like santa is real. If you want to lie to your kids whatever, but don't expect me to.

I allow my kids to let their minds produce imagination. I don't look at it as lying, because I don't ever really talk about Santa. They talk about him and I'm like, "Oh cool..." type thing. They do know we do shop for gifts and buy them but for some reason they think Santa does something too. We just say, "he helps us..."

I ain't mad at my parents for allowing us to believe, it was fun now that I look back on it. The idea of everything was fun, from making ? ' cookies, to writing lists lol. My kids don't write lists but they do want to make cookies, which we do for any "holiday" anyways.

Anyways...

I don't celebrate Xmas to include any religions. I don't even believe it's "Jesus'" birthday, because it isn't. I just enjoy it because it is a very beautiful season and it's fun. I love family get togethers and the good times and food. I don't care too much for gifts, just the fact my kids are so eyeball-poppin' happy on the morning of the 25th is amazing to me.
  • MonRoch
    MonRoch Members Posts: 73
    edited December 2010
    Options
    it's all about how you celebrate it. treat it like any other day. wake up praising ? and go to sleep praising him. remembering Christ like you do everyday, and gathering with your brothers and sisters.