Lupe >>> Eminem

Options
P-Dogg77
P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in The Face Off Forum
Lupe Fiasco is much better than Eminem in terms of everything. Better technical rapper and better lyrics and topics and a better story-teller. The only thing Em got on him is sales and why is that ? You already know.

If you actually know anything about rap then you know that Lupe is a much better rapper than Eminem.

Comments

• Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Lupe's not a whiny ? too...
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Lupe hasnt made songs as good as Eminem during 99-02.]

What do u mean by better technical rapper
  • P-Dogg77
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Lupe hasnt made songs as good as Eminem during 99-02.]

What do u mean by better technical rapper

Better punchlines , metaphors and double entendres and so on.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    man idk from 99-02/03ish em was a beast,maybe now days lupe>em but i cant call it
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    "Lupe the Killer" >>>> any Eminem song I've ever heard
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ain't too many people ? with pre- "Eminem Show" Eminem. People seem to only remember everything after "Encore" lately. Em is slightly better a technical rapper than Lupe and makes better music.
  • freethewave
    edited December 2010
    Options
    P-Dogg77 wrote: »
    Better punchlines , metaphors and double entendres and so on.

Eminems concepts and bar for bar during that time were better.Only the double entendres are better but Em never really uses them
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ? , even Lupe knows he ain't better then Em. Lupe is one of my favorites but he ain't ? with Em.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    All you're doing is stating the obvious. Lupe is infinitely better than Eminem.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I co-sign this thread. Eminem is very overrated
  • P-Dogg77
    edited December 2010
    Options
    All you're doing is stating the obvious. Lupe is infinitely better than Eminem.

Please do tell that to the non-believers.
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i wont fully endorse this thread but alotta people seem to forget about the machine that was backing eminem throughout his whole career...how can u fail with a full album of dre beats, top notch production, and mixing...eminem was put into a position that even if he fails he still wins in alot of ppls eyes..with that said...lupe is def one of the newer artist who can be mentioned in the same breath as em, nas, and jigga.
  • JerfyT
    JerfyT Members Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Lupe has nowhere near the sales of Lil Wayne or Rick Ross either so cut all the racism ? talk. Eminem gets what he deserves and Lupe is undersold because he's too smart for mainstream audiences. The same reason 30 Seconds To Mars outsells Arcade Fire (NOT comparing Em to 30 Seconds btw...just saying mainstream audiences usually dont care for extremely thoughtful ? )
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    JerfyT wrote: »
    Lupe has nowhere near the sales of Lil Wayne or Rick Ross either so cut all the racism ? talk. Eminem gets what he deserves and Lupe is undersold because he's too smart for mainstream audiences. The same reason 30 Seconds To Mars outsells Arcade Fire (NOT comparing Em to 30 Seconds btw...just saying mainstream audiences usually dont care for extremely thoughtful ? )

It's not about racism...but what Trillmatic said is true about the machine backing Em. Stop being in denial. Regardless of what you just posted.

And one question for you: who does the mainstream consists of?
    i wont fully endorse this thread but alotta people seem to forget about the machine that was backing eminem throughout his whole career...how can u fail with a full album of dre beats, top notch production, and mixing...eminem was put into a position that even if he fails he still wins in alot of ppls eyes..with that said...lupe is def one of the newer artist who can be mentioned in the same breath as em, nas, and jigga.

Exactly.
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Only thing Lupe got Eminem on is the depths he goes in his metaphors n wordplay.......everything else that has to do with MCing Eminem by far....
  • bluprint
    bluprint Members Posts: 465
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Lupe doesn't have Em in everything but I like him more but Em's freestyle are mile ahead
  • emceemurda
    emceemurda Members Posts: 258 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    There both good rappers but em is better just because of his catalogue thus far, lupe can over to many peoples head and most people will not be able to be able to follow what he is saying. No point in even comparing them, they are 2 different type of rappers.
  • Monizzle
    Monizzle Members Posts: 1,666
    edited December 2010
    Options
    JerfyT wrote: »

arcade fires the suburbs sold more first week sales than 30stm's last album this is war dont quote me on it but i think the suburbs has sold more than this is war as well
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    o fo sho................
  • rooster_cogburn
    rooster_cogburn Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I think Lupe is the greatest of the younger rappers, but Em is GOAT. I cant agree with T/S on this one...
  • freethewave
    edited December 2010
    Options

Dr.Dre presents Aftermath..fail and didnt Jay have sumthin to do with Lupe signing.Think your not giving credit where its due
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Lupe fiasco song "SLR" is not fair lol.
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Dr.Dre presents Aftermath..fail and didnt Jay have sumthin to do with Lupe signing.Think your not giving credit where its due
    what credit am i not giving to whom?
  • freethewave
    edited December 2010
    Options
    what credit am i not giving to whom?

Eminem claiming he had backing his whole career.
  • RED Hood
    RED Hood Members Posts: 617
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I think Lupe is the best rapper there is , and eminem has had three subpar albums so i go with Wasalu