$1 Million a Day & You're Still Hustling.....Why are Drug Dealers so dumb

Options
Maalik
Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
I always ask myself what some of them ? was thinking. Frank Lucas, Nicky Barnes, AZ, Alpo, Rich Porter, Rayful Edmonds, Big Meech, etc.

I mean ? , Rayful was worth $300,000,000 & still hustling.

Big Meech made over $250,000,000 from the 80s - the late 90s.

Frank Lucas made over a $1,000,000 a day

what the ? was wrong with these ? . I wouldve been good with 20 million, let alone 300 million.

Comments

• American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I was once told that no amount of money is enough.

I believe it.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    why does warren buffet and all them other billionaires continue to work? what else are they going to do, be a stay at home dad? its the thrill that keeps them in the game.
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I was once told that no amount of money is enough.

I believe it.

What he said.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    some love the hustle, some love the game,

15pskud.gif

you're not really thinking about retirement when u love what u do
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I agree as I've often wondered about the same thing.. And comparing a drug dealer/supplier/kingpin to a legitmate businessman is asinine.. Warren Buffet isn't worried about prison (unless he is running a ponzi), getting shot by rival dealers or getting robbed frequently..
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    what if there had been a season 6 of the wire, and marlo started rapping.

do you think he would have been successful?
  • Rell Mayne
    Rell Mayne Members Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well for one....u got workers everybody gotta eat still. for two all that money aint gettin pocketed and for 3 the more u make the more u spend u become used to the lifestyle
  • jgblack
    jgblack Members Posts: 263
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I guess some became addicted
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    nfwboy wrote: »
    aint no such thing as too much money

when u in the streets and gotta watch for envious so called friends/rivals/family members it is a such thing as "ok i've made more than enough"..

them ? got soaked up by the fame of it.. rich porter and alpo droppin 40k apiece on porsches just because some out of town hoes are coming to visit is called falling into the fame..

rayful edmonds taking his ? on 150k shopping sprees and also paying the tab of whoever else is in the store at the time isn't business minded.. thats some "look at me type ? "

after awhile u get used to being that ? and u wanna continue to please the people in the stands who are watching u.. thats the real reason.. u lose track of the feds/jealousy/envy and u slip up..
  • northtoledoboi
    northtoledoboi Members Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's hard to say what I'd do in that situation, I've never seen that much money before in my life. & if I'm getting it like that every day, I could see how it would be hard to stop.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    "Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied." Proverbs 27:20

When you make 1 million, you want 2 million. When you make 2 million, you want 3 million, etc........ No amount of Money will ever satisfy you, when you make money your ? .

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
    1 Timothy 6:10
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    "Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied." Proverbs 27:20

When you make 1 million, you want 2 million. When you make 2 million, you want 3 million, etc........ No amount of Money will ever satisfy you, when you make money your ? .

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
    1 Timothy 6:10

/close thread.
  • still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    "It's the allure of the game"-hov
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The Life Is Just As Addictive As the Drug They're Sellin.

When You Spend Your Whole Life In The Dirt, getting clean makes you feel filthy.

Every cat I know, whether they where pack men or moving weight..........When they tried to leave the streets, they went through a withdrawal, including myself.

It's not about the money, ? get addicted to the adrenaline rush only the street life can give you. That's a fact.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i tihnk everyone is pretty much saying the exact same thing
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    it's more than just the money and the hustle fellas, think about if you're a millionaire while you are in the game and you got a name

then you get out and you are just some anonymous ? with money.........and then include the fact a lot of these dudes are not skilled in money management or even money laundering enough to transition to a clean life.

take all these oldheads who used to run ? but now they free and nobody is really paying them no mind.....how you going to hide 300,000,000 in cash and all you are familiar with is living in the hood. at that point if you aint runnin ? , you gon get run over. how can you be a millionaire dollar ? in the hood after you been in the game that deep and everyone knows your name?

there are just too many barriers to making a clean transition out
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You can't just walk away from the game if you're a big player.
  • Rozetta5tone
    edited January 2010
    Options
    it's more than just the money and the hustle fellas, think about if you're a millionaire while you are in the game and you got a name

then you get out and you are just some anonymous ? with money.........and then include the fact a lot of these dudes are not skilled in money management or even money laundering enough to transition to a clean life.

take all these oldheads who used to run ? but now they free and nobody is really paying them no mind.....how you going to hide 300,000,000 in cash and all you are familiar with is living in the hood. at that point if you aint runnin ? , you gon get run over. how can you be a millionaire dollar ? in the hood after you been in the game that deep and everyone knows your name?

there are just too many barriers to making a clean transition out
    That's ? . You can't reach 300,000,000 without possesing some type of saavy in money management
  • blakfyahking
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That's ? . You can't reach 300,000,000 without possesing some type of saavy in money management

bruh you really believe a ? like rayful edmonds really understands what he can do to transition 300,000,000 in clean money without having the govt come in and investigate his ass?

money management is more than just selling a product and getting the money. if you live in the hood and you aint running ? no more and ? know you got 300,000,000 in your crib you think nobody gon come see you?

if you not the boss, you are just some average dude to people at that point. and even while you are the boss you def got ? gunning for ya head, both the govt and your fellow drug dealing competition
  • Rozetta5tone
    edited January 2010
    Options
    bruh you really believe a ? like rayful edmonds really understands what he can do to transition 300,000,000 in clean money without having the govt come in and investigate his ass?

money management is more than just selling a product and getting the money. if you live in the hood and you aint running ? no more and ? know you got 300,000,000 in your crib you think nobody gon come see you?

if you not the boss, you are just some average dude to people at that point. and even while you are the boss you def got ? gunning for ya head, both the govt and your fellow drug dealing competition
    I think he knew the transition he would have to make inorder to have a clean 300,000,000....it goes back to my original post, if a cat spent his whole life in the dirt, getting clean would make him feel filthy.

But I dig what you sayin. You make a good point.
  • blakfyahking
    edited August 2011
    Options
    good thread topic

I wonder why females never comment on these threads

I also wonder, has there ever been a female drug "queen"pin? LOL
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    good thread topic

@ bolded Griselda Blanco, aka the “? Queen of Miami”.... lol. i seen a documentary on her awhile ago. and in mexico there are a lot of female drug lords....

t/s.... the answer is greed. greed has ruined many of men, women and nations....
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    @ bolded Griselda Blanco, aka the “? Queen of Miami”.... lol. i seen a documentary on her awhile ago. and in mexico there are a lot of female drug lords....

t/s.... the answer is greed. greed has ruined many of men, women and nations....

yo i seen that documentary too, she was cold bro
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    good thread topic

Bruh, the Godmother was top 3 realest out.

As for me, I've seen it first hand. ON a smaller scale, but first hand.

Had a fraternity brother who was dealing. It was only weed, but like I said in another thread this ? was movin' 30 pounds of weed a semester. Faculty knew, administration knew, the cops knew. We got a tip from admin essentially sayin', "if you don't kick him out of your fraternity, when he goes down, you guys are going down with him." So we had to make that move. It was painful for a lot of people that night, especially me cuz me and that ? were mad cool and smoked AAAALLL the time(he was my RA before that). So we basically told him if he wanted to stay to just stop dealing right then that night. He couldn't do it. It wasn't the money, cuz he wasn't poor, it was the fame that came with it. This man had a 3.9 GPA and was pretty much gonna go into any grad program he wanted to and was willing to risk ALL of it for selling weed. I'll admit he was good at it. That ? said he wanted to start riding motorcycles and bought a Ducati off top. He rented out a house for himself, and renovated the ? on his own dime.

After about a year and a half and everything died down we started bein' cool again, and i asked him straight up why he wouldn't just stop and he said "Yo, I just couldn't."

He said he isn't, but I'm pretty sure he's sellin' weed in grad school. ? is sad. Dude is in one of the best programs in the country for his field and he's willing to throw ALL of it away for the game.
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yo i seen that documentary too, she was cold bro

Yeah.. She was killing dudes left to right. She was actually putting hit's out on her own crew members.. who she thought.. was weak. Like she sent one of her hitman's to go ? the dudes son after he ? her over on a deal(he owed money).. He missed the opportunity, came back to the house and she wanted proof that the kid was dead as in finger parts. Where she ended blowing his brains out in front of everybody.