Worst sports **EXCUSES** you've ever heard from a fan after a loss...

Options
greenwood1921
greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Since I'm sure some of y'all thought I would come with excuses today (which I don't do) it got me to thinkin' bout some of the silliest ? I've ever heard (online or offline) after a loss or a player/athlete performing poorly.

1. After the Patriots won in '01 (St. Louis ? I know) "Man, George Bush rigged that ? 'cause of 9-11."

2. When Kobe and the Lakers lost a regular season game against the Trailblazers back in the day (like '02) "His stomach was hurtin."

3. Some ? on here (forgot who) about why Vick is so dangerous as a runner - "The defense thinks it's a pass play so they ain't even payin attention to him.

Lemme think of some more....

Comments

• dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    if that football wasnt so ? greased up, romo might have held on....
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »

you?.......lol
  • greenwood1921
    edited December 2010
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »

lol. I bet he get night sweats over that ? .
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    "see!!! see!!! even keyshawn said it. If we'da had *insert any player name* for the full 60 minutes, we'd be the one's with the trophy. But thhis dude had a video on his phone of when NFL field crew guys came out and watered down the field 5 hours before gametime, instead of the usual 18 hours before gametime because the NFL knows my guy is a shifty runner and he could easily twist an ankle or a knee on a wet field. and see thats what happened. cause the NFL aint tryin to see a small market team win. We're still the better team. even tho yall beat us. We beat Atlanta, who beat Seattle, who beat Carolina, who beat San Fran. And yall got beat by San Fran. so its just obvious we are better, we just didn't win"
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lol @ number two
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    "see!!! See!!! Even keyshawn said it. If we'da had *insert any player name* for the full 60 minutes, we'd be the one's with the trophy. But thhis dude had a video on his phone of when nfl field crew guys came out and watered down the field 5 hours before gametime, instead of the usual 18 hours before gametime because the nfl knows my guy is a shifty runner and he could easily twist an ankle or a knee on a wet field. And see thats what happened. Cause the nfl aint tryin to see a small market team win. We're still the better team. Even tho yall beat us. We beat atlanta, who beat seattle, who beat carolina, who beat san fran. And yall got beat by san fran. So its just obvious we are better, we just didn't win"

damn!!!!!!
  • greenwood1921
    edited December 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    "see!!! see!!! even keyshawn said it. If we'da had *insert any player name* for the full 60 minutes, we'd be the one's with the trophy. But thhis dude had a video on his phone of when NFL field crew guys came out and watered down the field 5 hours before gametime, instead of the usual 18 hours before gametime because the NFL knows my guy is a shifty runner and he could easily twist an ankle or a knee on a wet field. and see thats what happened. cause the NFL aint tryin to see a small market team win. We're still the better team. even tho yall beat us. We beat Atlanta, who beat Seattle, who beat Carolina, who beat San Fran. And yall got beat by San Fran. so its just obvious we are better, we just didn't win"

That's such a common CS type post that I forgot I was in the "excuses" thread. lol
  • greenwood1921
    edited December 2010
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    lol @ number two

Word. I was lookin at dude like...

imager.php?id=1418350 GIFSoup

Really, ? ?? A grown ass man. "Tummy hurtin". Really??
  • greenwood1921
    edited December 2010
    Options
    4. ANY TIME somebody suggests that a team won a game by "luck".

5. Blaming a referee/or one play for a loss even though you claimed that your team was SOOOOOO much better than the underdog team that won. ( ? , if your team was so much better, it wouldn't have come down to one call or one play.)
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    When a fan blames himself for the loss..."Man I knew I should have wore my lucky jersey, probably would have won if I did"...stop it

I say that ? . smh
  • O Capone
    O Capone Members Posts: 596
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Lakers fans almost have some type of lame excuse when they lose a big game... The worst one tho probably oh it don't matter we only care about the playoffs... actin like ? just go out and try to lose because it ain't the playoffs...
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ?
    the cowboys lost to somebody last year and everybody on my facebook knows i hate them ?
    it was some super fan ass hoe that made a statement on her status and i was like, "you ? lost like a muhfucka" or some ?
    hoe gon tell me, "but we learned blah blah blah during this loss so even when we lose we win. all you haters can say is we ain't won since the 90s, stop livin in the past"
    i'm thinkin to myself, ? the only reason you a fan is cuz you livin in the past
  • greenwood1921
    edited December 2010
    Options
    When a fan blames himself for the loss..."Man I knew I should have wore my lucky jersey, probably would have won if I did"...stop it

Funny ? .
  • greenwood1921
    edited December 2010
    Options
    6. When ? suddenly forget the rules of the game. "Man, if it wasn't for those 4 holding calls in the 4th quarter..."

Um... Holding is bad, ummm-kaaay.
  • ThatA
    ThatA Members Posts: 566
    edited December 2010
    Options
    In the case of 49ers fans, they keep complaining that they don't have a QB. I swear 9ers fans are some dumb ? because they have A ? FIRST ROUND PICK QB don't blame it on that ? . Blame yourselves for sucking with so much damn talent.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ThatA wrote: »
    In the case of 49ers fans, they keep complaining that they don't have a QB. I swear 9ers fans are some dumb ? because they have A ? FIRST ROUND PICK QB don't blame it on that ? . Blame yourselves for sucking with so much damn talent.

in all fairness...he sucks
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i wasnt playin bubble breaker during halftime like i do every time so we blew the game
  • greenwood1921
    edited December 2010
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    in all fairness...he sucks

Word to Ryan Leaf and *Tony Mandarich.

(*oooh, went ol' skool on y'all kids. lol)
  • greenwood1921
    edited December 2010
    Options
    7. If it wasn't raining/snowing we would'a... (About a football game, people. A football game.)
  • Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ?
    the cowboys lost to somebody last year and everybody on my facebook knows i hate them ?
    it was some super fan ass hoe that made a statement on her status and i was like, "you ? lost like a muhfucka" or some ?
    hoe gon tell me, "but we learned blah blah blah during this loss so even when we lose we win. All you haters can say is we ain't won since the 90s, stop livin in the past"
    i'm thinkin to myself, ? the only reason you a fan is cuz you livin in the past

......lmao
  • ThatA
    ThatA Members Posts: 566
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Give Alex Smith some LEGIT protection and a REAL offensive cordinator and I'm pretty sure he can have some slightly above average talent. There is no reason that the 9ers shouldn't be on the playoffs with Vernon ? Davis and Crabtree. Smh @ 9ers.
  • greenwood1921
    edited December 2010
    Options
    not even football...that excuse is funny because both teams played in the same damn environment lol, that one is hilarious to me

Word. Like the other squad had them "snow-proof" cleats.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Every Year Lakers Win the Ship ? say "oh man that ? is rigged"

So the NBA Is only rigged if L.A wins? Ok I gotcha
  • greenwood1921
    edited December 2010
    Options
    8. Damn, I forgot one of the best ones -- I won't even post the whole thing, I'll just post the last two words...

...THX THO!
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    My boy that's a Jet fan said this when they lost to the dolphins..imma give yall the full convo

Me: Damn ya loss to the dolphins son

Him:I know man that's that ?

Me:And then Holmes drops that wide open catch...

Him:Yeah I ain't even mad at that cuz he only dropped it cuz he got distracted by our fans gettin too loud when the ball was in the air

Me:2gy7h9x.gif