are you really "forgiving" someone if you say ....

Options
letstrythisagain
letstrythisagain Members Posts: 427
edited January 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
"I forgive you but we cant be friends anymore" - and then tell the person not to call or text you anymore?

Comments

• letstrythisagain
    letstrythisagain Members Posts: 427
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i dont get how people say that to someone and then tell them they cant be down anymore and further tell them not to contact them anymore. that ? dont sound like forgiveness to me
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    it is forgiveness. that person forgave you meaning if they see you in the street they have no problem with being cordial but on a personal level they aren't ? with you anymore.
    its called learning from your mistakes
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ^^^^^ / thread
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    "I forgive you but we cant be friends anymore" - and then tell the person not to call or text you anymore?
    Yes.

Forgive doesnt mean forgetting.

Smart girl.
  • makaveli03
    makaveli03 Members Posts: 2,392
    edited January 2011
    Options
    every woman that has wasted my time has heard that line from me and till this day has never and will never hear from me so yes its possible to "forgive" (in my opinion just move on) and delete them from your minds without having bad feelings towards them
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    if u get done grimey by a grimey person and don't know they're grimey....u have a right to be angry at them for a minute...but once u forgive them.. there's no point at being angry at them any more...

but placing urself to get dont grimey by them again, now that u know they're a grimey person is ? ? ....

so yes u ca forgive a person, u hold no resent or emotionally angry feelings towards them... but at the same time, u now know their nature, and it's only reasonable to protect urself from their ?
  • ptnutz
    ptnutz Members Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yes you can forgive someone for the thing(s) they did, and decide they are no longer the type of person you want to hang out with. I have cut trifiling, negative people out of my life but hold no animosity towards them. They are the type that hold themselves and everybody around them back from reaching their full potential.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    if a person does something to wrong you,then you can no longer trust them.i expect people to be back stabbing -especially black women- so i would not even be phased to begin with.it's in their nature to betray.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    if a person does something to wrong you,then you can no longer trust them.i expect people to be back stabbing -especially black women- so i would not even be phased to begin with.it's in their nature to betray.
    LOL

I'd be willing to bet 65 percent of your posts contain the words, "especially black women."

I think you do that ? just to ? them off LOL
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options

yeah...i can forgive you and still not want you around me...if you show me a part of your personality that I really can't ? with that doesn't mean I don't forgive you for showing me it just means I don't want it around me
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    it is forgiveness. that person forgave you meaning if they see you in the street they have no problem with being cordial but on a personal level they aren't ? with you anymore.

Truth.

How many times would you need to put your hands on a hot stove to know you'll get burned if you do?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

^^^^^^ this

i dont forget ? , im becoming more of a forgiving person, but ? all that we can still be cool ?