Lesnar Considering Retiring from MMA? Well, damn...

Options
arbitration
arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
SMH if this is true. I know that Cain Velasquez sonned Brock into oblivion, but retirement? Gotdayum...

From Yahoo! Sports:

Maybe there was something to that little exchange between the Undertaker and Brock Lesnar following his fight at UFC 121. The rumors are swirling around Lesnar, the former UFC heavyweight champ and WWE star.

Some say the UFC wants Lesnar to take part as a coach on Season 13 of "The Ultimate Fighter." Others say Lesnar doesn't want to be involved with very much involving MMA right now. Pro Wrestling Observer's Dave Meltzer:

Lesnar reportedly hasn't talked with anyone from UFC or answered their phone calls since losing the UFC Heavyweight Title to Cain Velasquez last month. Sources also say that Lesnar hasn't began to prepare for his next UFC fight and hasn't trained since losing to Velasquez.

It's said that Lesnar has lost some interest in MMA and has been been re-considering his future in the sport after his loss to Velasquez and the beating he took in the win against Shane Carwin before that.

Lesnar reportedly has only one fight left on his contract. Could it be that the Wrestlemania appearance, which he could make upwards of $2 million, is the hold up? Is Lesnar really thinking about bailing on MMA after just one bad loss?

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I don't know if he can improve his stand up game to be effective enough!
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    True, his stand up will definitely take years to develop. That being said, he was able to dominate 90% of the competition just on pure athletic ability and wrestling. He's one of the biggest draws in UFC, so its not like he'll get cut anytime soon unless he does something stupid. He's 31, which is actually young for a an MMA heavyweight, so he has plenty of time. Why not just try to develop his game?

That ass whooping Cain gave Brock was bad. But if Brock is so demoralized that he's thinking about joining professional wrestling, that upgrades this to the WOAT loss in professional sports.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I always knew this guy was a fraud. How do you get a title shot after 2 fights and then lose the belt a year or 2 later?

...? ' ridiculous
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Some people are the biggest monsters in the world until they hit in the mouth. Thought he had better heart than this after the Carwin fight, guess I was wrong.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lol bruh givin up...
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    he got 2 solid ass whoopins in a row dude has not heart
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What a loser . It's cool for him to almost punch Mir's face in but when Cain Velasquez did it to him he starts crying like a ? , real champions can take a few hits and its obvious Brock Lesnar doesnt even like to get hit once.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lol go to boxing
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    lol go to boxing

He'd be murdered with that dull-ass stand up. He is the clearest definition of gigantic coward I can think of. Every time someone goes to strike him, he goes into a fetal position damn near. Block, sure. But curl up like fried shrimp?

He ? over the WWE because he didn't like traveling. Now he's messing over UFC potentially because he can't bull everyone?

Just stop.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    P-Dogg77 wrote: »
    What a loser . It's cool for him to almost punch Mir's face in but when Cain Velasquez did it to him he starts crying like a ? , real champions can take a few hits and its obvious Brock Lesnar doesnt even like to get hit once.

This^^^^^^^ Brock been a ? . I will be glad to see the clown gone. Bye ? .
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    LOL dude is probably still shocked after that ass whooping he got

? if I got my ass beat like that I'd be questioning my career choice, religion, the meaning of life and other ? too.

I think he'll be back, I really don't think he'd want that valasquez fight to be his lasting image in mma. I'd expect him to leave after a win instead of a loss
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    htowntx wrote: »
    LOL dude is probably still shocked after that ass whooping he got

? if I got my ass beat like that I'd be questioning my career choice, religion, the meaning of life and other ? too.

I think he'll be back, I really don't think he'd want that valasquez fight to be his lasting image in mma. I'd expect him to leave after a win instead of a loss

IDK I think the competitor in me would want a rematch but the realist in me would probably find a new day job
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    the 2 milli payday Vince wants to give him is too tempting, that's why he considering leaving.

all that ? with the Undertaker coming to his fight and trying to coax him into coming back to WWE shows that he's loves the attention and that anyone who's willing to go that extra mile to have him, he'll bounce and go that way

he's chasing money and to keep his name in the headlines and doesn't care who he steps on to get it..............like Jay Z
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    I always knew this guy was a fraud. How do you get a title shot after 2 fights and then lose the belt a year or 2 later?

...? ' ridiculous

Hey, thats UFC for you
  • blank..
    blank.. Members Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Didnt bother to read the first post or anything after it.

But as I always say, UFC/MMA is a fucken joke, 2 dollar garbage ? sport with no future and no past.

Its champs are comprised of ex-WWF wrestlers, caucasians maggots with no jobs, retired bouncers, fat and old retired boxers, as well as a known homosexual who actually became a champ (Seth Potzerelli)..

? the UFC, ? Dana White and his mother, and ? its fans who dont know ? about a true, pure, age old combat sport like boxing.

U mberellas

F ags

&

C hapstick
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    brocklesnarbeatup.jpg
    this ? got his soul rattled
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The only good and effective standing martial art is Muay Thai
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    blank.. wrote: »

But as I always say, UFC/MMA is a fucken joke, 2 dollar garbage ? sport with no future and no past.

Its champs are comprised of ex-WWF wrestlers, caucasians maggots with no jobs, retired bouncers, fat and old retired boxers, as well as a known homosexual who actually became a champ (Seth Potzerelli)..

? the UFC, ? Dana White and his mother, and ? its fans who dont know ? about a true, pure, age old combat sport like boxing.

U mberellas

F ags

&

C hapstick

Cosign, hope Brock just goes back to the WWE. UFC is plain out wack, and a waste of time, plus they don't pay their fighters much. If I was Brock, I would have been left. If the money ain't right, then why stay?
  • aswadh
    aswadh Members Posts: 411
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I read about this yesterday. The jig is up. I think he realizes MMA just isn't for him. If you run away from punches and don't know when you have to pull guard when you getting smashed on MMA's not for you. This guy is a good wrestler but that's about it. He needs to get to his comfortzone and do what he's ? at. His 'reign' was mostly based on hype. All that "baddest man on the planet" bullsh*t was just a way to promote him and the UFC. Brock has brought UFC alot of new fans.
    True, his stand up will definitely take years to develop. That being said, he was able to dominate 90% of the competition just on pure athletic ability and wrestling. He's one of the biggest draws in UFC, so its not like he'll get cut anytime soon unless he does something stupid. He's 31, which is actually young for a an MMA heavyweight, so he has plenty of time. Why not just try to develop his game?

That ass whooping Cain gave Brock was bad. But if Brock is so demoralized that he's thinking about joining professional wrestling, that upgrades this to the WOAT loss in professional sports.
    His standup will never improve to the point where he can bang with the elite strikers in MMA. From what I've seen from him he can't punch, kick, knee or clinch. He's a good wrestler but that's where it stops. If you check his physique (n/h) you see his muscles are short. His standup will always be weak.
  • aswadh
    aswadh Members Posts: 411
    edited December 2010
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »

...? ' ridiculous
    Yeah, but you can't blame Brock for this. Dana's the one you should hold accountable for this sh*t cuz he gave him that titleshot based on that record. At the end of the day it's all about money. Dana/ Zuffa knew Brock's marketability.

In a way they did the same thing with Kimbo. Dana kept ? him every chance he got when he was fighting for Elite XC (he as right), but he got him in TUF and they used Kimbo to advertise that show. He kept getting 2nd chances until he lost to a gatekeeper and there was no way around cutting him. It's about money and marketabilty instead of the quality of the fighters/ matchmaking in UFC.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    blank.. wrote: »

U mberellas

F ags

&

C hapstick

This is an example of a ? comment, especially considering that to truly be an all around fighter you must be well versed in boxing.

You obviously didn't see Pierre's last fight where his stiff jab turned Koscheck's eye into a meat cavern. It's nobody's fault but boxing's that it can't garner anymore attention for itself.

Boxing purists are so quick to throw salt on mma because it's long standing run has come into question unless it pertains to Pacquiao and Mayweather. FOH wit that nonsense you spewin'. And I'm trained in multiple disciplines, including boxing, so I know how influential and important it is to the fight world. But...

St. Pierre>>>>Pacquiao AND Mayweather. Now what?

And Brock needs to ? man up and grow a pair dammit. There aren't too many strikers on Cain's level out there in the heavyweight division. He can polish up his stand up in between fights and what not. All it takes is some heart and dedication. (Which I'm now questioning since he wants to act like a three year old that can't have his way.) SMH. What a waste.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Looking at Brock's fights over, he really cannot throw hands. I doubt he's ever been a fight. My sister who's 5'4" and about a 100 pounds throws better punches. All his ? looks like he's trying to catch the fly with the chopsticks in Karate Kid.
  • the spectacle
    the spectacle Members Posts: 245 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Dude got gassed in the Cain fight and his technique went out the window. If he gets in actual shape he could be dominant again.
  • babyface killa
    babyface killa Members Posts: 134 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    that last loss got brock shook lol
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Brock needs to go to Freddie Roach like GSP did.