are you best friends with your ex?

Options
letstrythisagain
letstrythisagain Members Posts: 427
edited January 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
are you best friends with ANY of your ex's? is that a bad thing? and does it mean yall were "meant" to be together, just because yall are like best friends after yall broke up?

Comments

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    hell no

yes

no
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    hell no. i just ? em from time to time.
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    We cool but I aint tryin to be involved like that to be considered a best friend.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i havent talked to any of my exs in years. i dont know or care what any of them doin wit their lives. i got one on facebook, but thats it...
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yea i am
  • Mr Popo
    Mr Popo Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    My ex is in jail...
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Not best friends. I still speak to like 1 of 'em but in general, I try to keeps it moving afterward - unless I plan on hittin' it again. But "friends" - nah ?
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    No, we speak sporadically every 3 months or so via a few texts. I don't think you can move on healthily without calling it quits on your friendship if you were together for years. Months, maybe.
  • Real Lady
    Real Lady Banned Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    meant to be together in the past. I think it's not needed to start beef with someone just because a relationship didnt work out, and some people are lil insecure when they are entering a relationship and they don't see signs of BITTERNESS towards the ex. Why do you gotta dog out your ex to be good to the NEXT?

If you are a GROWN MATURE person you should be able to have conversations with the opposite sex without getting sexual arroused, and acting uncontrolable...If you got a kid or kids, then at least try to remain friends unless the other parent is unfit and abusive..other than that, people need to stop beefing just because a relationship do not work out.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Real Lady wrote: »
    meant to be together in the past. I think it's not needed to start beef with someone just because a relationship didnt work out, and some people are lil insecure when they are entering a relationship and they don't see signs of BITTERNESS towards the ex. Why do you gotta dog out your ex to be good to the NEXT?

If you are a GROWN MATURE person you should be able to have conversations with the opposite sex without getting sexual arroused, and acting uncontrolable...If you got a kid or kids, then at least try to remain friends unless the other parent is unfit and abusive..other than that, people need to stop beefing just because a relationship do not work out.

If there are no children involved, there's no real reason to remain good friends with an ex. They're your ex for a reason and you need to move on. Being as good a friends with them after the break up won't help you to do this.
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    More often than not, if youre still close with your ex yall are still ? .
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    are you best friends with ANY of your ex's? is that a bad thing? and does it mean yall were "meant" to be together, just because yall are like best friends after yall broke up?

People who are good friends with their ex's is for one of two reasons. They were either already on a friendship level before they hooked up, but just decided to stay friends. Or they just still have feelings for each other but is too chickenshit to just let them go, or just knew they weren't good together in a relationship yet they still enjoy their company. But I feel that an ex is an ex for a reason. If we weren't good together in a relationship, why are we supposed to maintain a friendship??That's ass backwards to me, because you can't even have a good relationship without building a solid friendship first. So why wait until after we break up to do that ? ?? Not to mention the ? that comes along with it whenever you decide to start a new relationship. I'll see you when I see you if we cool like that, but I ain't actively searching for any of my ex's for a friendship.
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    how many times does this thread need to be made???????????
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    my ex's are dead
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Until 2months ago I never speak to any one of my Ex's.. cuz me personally I think its kinda disrespectful to who ever ur dating to still be having conversation with someone you loved/? ..

But I'm single now, so even ex's is fair game
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Until 2months ago I never speak to any one of my Ex's.. cuz me personally I think its kinda disrespectful to who ever ur dating to still be having conversation with someone you loved/? ..

But I'm single now, so even ex's is fair game

word.

i went on a few dates with this chick who still talked to her ex almost everyday. after about date 3 i pretty much determined there's no way she's not ? him when she's lonely.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    word.

i went on a few dates with this chick who still talked to her ex almost everyday. after about date 3 i pretty much determined there's no way she's not ? him when she's lonely.

werd don't be that one.
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ? no......I don't have a problem with being friends, but she can't let go of what we use to be.
  • Black P. Stone
    Black P. Stone Members Posts: 176
    edited December 2010
    Options

Ex? ? Please

I only keep frien's with two X Chromosome's
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    not really friends but aint enemies its just a few texts every few months or a hi bye relationship now
  • Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Not in the slightest.

I either burn my bridges or try to keep the sex flowing. I'm not really into being friends with women in general, especially ones I've ? but can't ? again.
  • livethadream
    livethadream Members Posts: 21
    edited January 2011
    Options
    hell no!

maybe one but all we do is ? , so we're not really friends
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options

close friends, very close but nothing intimate...truth be told other i'm not even physically attracted to her anymore...it took some time after we broke up but we began rebuilding our friendship a while later...that's where most people ? up...break up Monday and think you can be friends Wednesday
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Wouldn't say BEST friend, but good friends, yes. That's only one ex though. The rest of my exes are still my friends but I don't have regular contact with them.
  • Intellectual_Liberal
    Intellectual_Liberal Members Posts: 192
    edited January 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    close friends, very close but nothing intimate...truth be told other i'm not even physically attracted to her anymore...it took some time after we broke up but we began rebuilding our friendship a while later...that's where most people ? up...break up Monday and think you can be friends Wednesday

I've been there many times. Got dumped with the line "can we still be friends?" If it were to happen today, my immediate answer would be "no".