dmn Eagles fans souls are burning slowly today

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
i just tuned into WIP and heard a black caller say Desean Jackson is "overrated" and that the Eagles should let him sign to the Cowboys

lol ? what?

ppl already talkin that "when's spring training start" b.s like they wasn't ? at Howard 10 weeks ago

<RZA voice>? IS RI-DIC-U-LOUS</RZA>

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    That's why I hope Vick at least explores his options this offseason. Football fans these days don't know the difference between the NFL and the BCS (especially fans like that) No team is gonna win EVERY game, nor do they need to. Let Vick have a less than stellar game in the playoffs -- you'll be hearing ? like "why did we sign this dog-killer?" on sports talk radio up there. Watch. Hilarious.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    That's why I hope Vick at least explores his options this offseason. Football fans these days don't know the difference between the NFL and the BCS (especially fans like that) No team is gonna win EVERY game, nor do they need to. Let Vick have a less than stellar game in the playoffs -- you'll be hearing ? like "why did we sign this dog-killer?" on sports talk radio up there. Watch. Hilarious.

i will be tuning in to XM sports radio to here this funny ? because it will happen
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yeah the fans in philly are out of their minds
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Philly fans are pretty fickle..
  • Swiffness!
    edited December 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Philly fans are pretty fickle..

Really, "If I had beat your ass one more time, you probably would have been Barack Obama." is pretty much their approach towards their teams lol.
  • greenwood1921
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Really, "If I had beat your ass one more time, you probably would have been Barack Obama." is pretty much their approach towards their teams lol.

lol.

No Tyler Perry.

Or should I say "No ? ".

Whatever. Same difference.
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

yeah i was saying that a few weeks ago
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    @ Swiffness - I might turn it on now. Can't wait to hear what that ? Howard Eskin has to say.

Funny thing about Philly fans (any sport); they'll love you one minute, then eat u alive the next. Overall, I still say that Vick can do no wrong right about now, given all that he's done this season. It was reported on www.philly.com that Vick has a quad injury; hope it's not serious.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i just tuned into WIP and heard a black caller say Desean Jackson is "overrated" and that the Eagles should let him sign to the Cowboys

lol ? what?

ppl already talkin that "when's spring training start" b.s like they wasn't ? at Howard 10 weeks ago

<RZA voice>? IS RI-DIC-U-LOUS</RZA>

Its the Sportscenter generation...all that matters is what happens last night...SMH.
  • Swiffness!
    edited December 2010
    Options
    @ Swiffness - I might turn it on now. Can't wait to hear what that ? Howard Eskin has to say.

he gettin in Rendell's ass no ?
  • Swiffness!
    edited December 2010
    Options
    heard a black caller say Desean Jackson is "overrated"

SMH, this ? just called in again with that nonsense, dude said they should make Maclin the #1 WR lmao
  • peagle05
    edited December 2010
    Options
    SMH, this ? just called in again with that nonsense, dude said they should make Maclin the #1 WR lmao

smh..............
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

Well Jackson is really only good for kick returns and the deep threat. His route running is very inconsistent and after getting his soul taken by that falcons player he seems timid to go over the middle.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This is why I never really liked Philly fans. They are stupid as ? .

That bein said, Vikings played great defense last night for the first time in a long time. The blitzes were really giving Vick some trouble. Antione Winfield made an amazing play.
  • peagle05
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    This is why I never really liked Philly fans. They are stupid as ? .

That bein said, Vikings played great defense last night for the first time in a long time. The blitzes were really giving Vick some trouble. Antione Winfield made an amazing play.

smh that dude was walking through the line.
  • wizv.2
    wizv.2 Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

I'm with dude...Maclin has been the more consistent WR all year.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    smh that dude was walking through the line.

I know. He was there right in Vicks face out of the slot like 8 times in the first half.
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Eagles fans are the most arrogant fans in sports . They have the attitude like they are the Steelers , but have the championship pedigree comparable to the Lions . Dallas 5 Titles , Redskins 3 Titles , Giants 3 Titles , Eagles 0 , unless u want to count that NFL Championship garbage .
  • greenwood1921
    edited December 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Well Jackson is really only good for kick returns and the deep threat. His route running is very inconsistent and after getting his soul taken by that falcons player he seems timid to go over the middle.

lol.

But yeah, that's why he wasn't a 1st round pick. That and his size. He's hands down the team's best receiver, but he's a average route runner, and a receiver his size should be an exceptional route runner (i.e. Steve Smith in Carolina) or else he'll have a short career that will fizzle out as soon as his speed declines (which usually starts after 30).
  • peagle05
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lol.

But yeah, that's why he wasn't a 1st round pick. That and his size. He's hands down the team's best receiver, but he's a average route runner, and a receiver his size should be an exceptional route runner (i.e. Steve Smith in Carolina) or else he'll have a short career that will fizzle out as soon as his speed declines (which usually starts after 30).

he aint as strong as steve smith though, that and the route running is the difference
  • wizv.2
    wizv.2 Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I've been listening to WIP all day...people are more complaining about that game plan, o-line, defensive breakdowns, lack of running attempts, and lack of adjustments made after realizing the offensive scheme wasn't working, etc. I haven't heard too many people complain about any particular person (not even Patterson shockingly).

That one person mentioning DeSean doesn't speak for the rest of the Eagles fans.....
  • greenwood1921
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    Eagles fans are the most arrogant fans in sports . They have the attitude like they are the Steelers , but have the championship pedigree comparable to the Lions . Dallas 5 Titles , Redskins 3 Titles , Giants 3 Titles , Eagles 0 , unless u want to count that NFL Championship garbage .

Man, I like the Eagles at times (Cunningham squads mostly, and now the Vick era) but this quote is dripping with truth. I remember arguing with a Eagle fan in the barbershop in ATL back when they were about to play the Falcons in the playoffs -- this ? ethered himself when he swore up and down that the Eagles DID win a super bowl in the eighties. ? try to say I didn't know what I was talkin' bout cause I'm "young". This was before fast internet access on phones an' ? , so I went to the library across the street, printed out a list of Super Bowl champions and handed it to him while he was getting his Memphis Bleek-esque line-up.

? looked like he wanted to drink that barbecide when he noticed the Eagles were NOT on that list.

Oh yeah, ? -- the onlline Greenwood1921 ain't got ? on the offline Greenwood1921. Belee dat! lol
  • peagle05
    edited December 2010
    Options
    wizv.2 wrote: »
    i've been listening to wip all day...people are more complaining about that game plan, o-line, defensive breakdowns, lack of running attempts, and lack of adjustments made after realizing the offensive scheme wasn't working, etc. I haven't heard too many people complain about any particular person (not even patterson shockingly).

that one person mentioning desean doesn't speak for the rest of the eagles fans.....

if anyone on that team needs to go its that ?
  • peagle05
    edited December 2010
    Options
    dead @ a ? goin to the library, i know dude was salty about that ? .

"i know this ? aint give me a printout...*reads list*....? "