Climbing that ladder

Options
phantom0900
phantom0900 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
Sup GnS, since we gotta step this board up, lets talk about our grown person BUSINESS. What is your hustle, whats your goal? Where are ya aiming to be, and how are you getting there?

Right now, I am grinding away selling mattresses for a living. Its not glorious, but its giving me a lot of sales skills, plus the company i work for has a great corporate structure and accelerated growth plans. My hustle however, is video games, I ? love em, and I am using the unreal developers kit to flesh out one of my own.

If that doesn't pan out, I want to get into public relations, contract negotiations -- something along the lines of networking and facilitating. I have my own agenda, but i also ride the current of life, thats sorta how I ended up where i am at. I used to live in Northern VA, but I'm loving FL and the deep south in general, so I plan on staying here for a while. I'm 26 now, I want to buy a house in about 2 years, have a few kids, earliest in 4-5 years, no rush on that.

Where ever life takes me, I want to be managing myself or a small staff by 35. other than that, only toys i want is a nice boat, one that will let me take trips through the Caribbean isles with my wife and kids, and some nice water front properties. i donate and volunteer my time now, so a non profit organization is in my future, either starting, or working in upper management.

Where yall at, where ya wanna go?

Comments

• Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    About to enter my last semester of college.

Have some pretty decent experience under my belt. My GPA has taken a beating lately, but it's still in the top 10% of my class. My last semester is an internship that'll give me legislative experience and contacts. Tryna get out, get a job at a firm that'll pay for school, get my masters while working. Then go to law school and start cakin' for real afterward.

I pretty much want to be indispensible, because I'll be damned if I work hard for 20 years 45 years old hits me and a ? gets laid off b/c some young buck gonna come in with equal training and work for half as much as I make. ? happened to my boy's pops. ? went from making 175 a year to livin' on unemployment for 6 months.
  • phantom0900
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What element of the law do you wanna specialize in?
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Majoring in Computer & Electrical Engineering, minoring in Computer Science and Physics. I operate a business that has netted me around $26,000 since 2008, I work full-time as a web admin for a government agency, and I have a myriad of investments.

I'll be rich one day. Or I'll ? myself.
  • phantom0900
    edited December 2010
    Options
    How much money/investments do you need to be rich?
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'd say at least $10,000,000.00.
  • phantom0900
    edited December 2010
    Options
    when does rich turn to wealthy? 10mill is a nice stack, but i know its pennies in the long run. Im thinking 55mill is that wealthy bracket.