Im thinking of moving to New York....

Options
7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
edited December 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy

can yall New Yorkers give me a run down of the city?
im probably gonna transfer to columbia university in september

how is New York?

the people

will i be able to get a job?
do i need a car?

<<<from chicago

Comments

• snappa
    snappa Members Posts: 397
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Don't.

rent is too damn high
  • ceothachosen1
    ceothachosen1 Members Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    U might be able to get a job as a waiter but besides that no jobs. U dont need a car and dont bring one unless you like paying tickets. Columbia is cool, if I was you id come to finish school then leave when I was done.
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited December 2010
    Options
    U might be able to get a job as a waiter but besides that no jobs. U dont need a car and dont bring one unless you like paying tickets. Columbia is cool, if I was you id come to finish school then leave when I was done.

thats the plan

i was gonna bring my car then just park it. i hear everyone saying u dont need one..

but i need my 96!!!
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Born and raised in NY but that ? cost too much, it's ? , smells bad, and got too many cops, meter-maids, and other ? . Expect not to get ya' money's worth.
  • Authentic100
    Authentic100 Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    really not that much different from chicago just bigger
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    thats the plan

i was gonna bring my car then just park it. i hear everyone saying u dont need one..

but i need my 96!!!

if you do take your V yo register it to NY State don't leave them outta state plates on. Thats a sure way to wake up to a car on bricks.
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited December 2010
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    if you do take your V yo register it to NY State don't leave them outta state plates on. Thats a sure way to wake up to a car on bricks.

ight thanks
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

There is a whole lot of difference B. The similarities are not many except being the best Sports cities and having some of the baddest down to Earth women if you know where to go. Outside of that Chicago has 1 main thing up on NY and that's how clean it is for a big city. But other than that yo this is a Southern influenced city even though it's up North. All you have to see is the rappers that get love in this town and acts like Crucial Conflict and Twista that have come out of here. And it's almost time for someone to drop a cha cha slide type ? and footworking is some ol country ? . And the main thing is Chicago is madd segregated cats is madd stupid when it comes to diversity. On the Southside if your Latino they think your Mexican on the Westside they think your Puerto Rican. Don't even ask them about West Indians they think only Jamaicans exist, talk to them about a bad Belizian, or Guyanese chick and they think your talking about an African. And don't let them meet a black person from my country that will have them re writing history. But ? aside Chicago is a nice city.

@ Dras if you plan on going get ready for sticker shock if your trying to stay in Manhattan because a studio in okay areas are 1500 B. When I went back with my BM we stayed on 38th and Park and rent there is 3500 for a garden apartment.
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited December 2010
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    There is a whole lot of difference B. The similarities are not many except being the best Sports cities and having some of the baddest down to Earth women if you know where to go. Outside of that Chicago has 1 main thing up on NY and that's how clean it is for a big city. But other than that yo this is a Southern influenced city even though it's up North. All you have to see is the rappers that get love in this town and acts like Crucial Conflict and Twista that have come out of here. And it's almost time for someone to drop a cha cha slide type ? and footworking is some ol country ? . And the main thing is Chicago is madd segregated cats is madd stupid when it comes to diversity. On the Southside if your Latino they think your Mexican on the Westside they think your Puerto Rican. Don't even ask them about West Indians they think only Jamaicans exist, talk to them about a bad Belizian, or Guyanese chick and they think your talking about an African. And don't let them meet a black person from my country that will have them re writing history. But ? aside Chicago is a nice city.

@ Dras if you plan on going get ready for sticker shock if your trying to stay in Manhattan because a studio in okay areas are 1500 B. When I went back with my BM we stayed on 38th and Park and rent there is 3500 for a garden apartment.

..... gooott dammm!!...

idk im gonna be on a dorm for like a year. then i will find something

but your right about chicago being segregated
  • ceothachosen1
    ceothachosen1 Members Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    thats the plan

but i need my 96!!!
    dont bring it trust me
  • Generic
    Generic Members Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

same thoughts.