Prodigy was top five in the booth in mid 90's-early 00's

Options

Comments

• juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Since Ive proven that you dont know ? . I believe you dont have any credibility left and should be taken seriously as a poster

like wise.
  • mattik
    mattik Members Posts: 226
    edited December 2010
    Options
    2Pac's name is T-U-P-A-C, neither Mobb Deep members said it, yeah yeah it's obvious who they talking about but the name TUPAC never comes out of their mouth.

pac, and everyone else in the know, knew it was about him. why they gotta say his name for? so the kids who ride the short bus can keep up? so the media can try to blow up some east coast/ west coast ? beef even further? it ain't about that. 'hit em up' was a plea for attention. 'drop a gem on em' was to insult pac and stand up for new york. they could have said his name but it wasnt necessary. if you just now realizing who the song is about and mad it took you 13+ years to figure it out, that's on you.
  • juelz21
    edited December 2010
    Options
    LOL, you should have known since long ago that juelz21 is only worth comic purposes.

like wise u think scarface think started mafiaso rap lol u have no credibility.
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    ChuckieInDaMurderAve Members Posts: 1,787 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    mattik wrote: »
    pac, and everyone else in the know, knew it was about him. why they gotta say his name for? so the kids who ride the short bus can keep up? so the media can try to blow up some east coast/ west coast ? beef even further? it ain't about that. 'hit em up' was a plea for attention. 'drop a gem on em' was to insult pac and stand up for new york. they could have said his name but it wasnt necessary. if you just now realizing who the song is about and mad it took you 13+ years to figure it out, that's on you.

I am not talking about his name should have been mentioned or anything along the line. juelz21 said that they MENTION 2Pac by name and spit out his name but everyone including you knows that they never mention 2pac by name.
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    edited December 2010
    Options
    juelz21 wrote: »
    like wise u think scarface think started mafiaso rap lol u have no credibility.

At least I provide proof. All you do is just talk and talk with no backing for your statements.

And a huge L.O.L. award goes to "u think scarface think started...."
  • Scholar Jaw
    Scholar Jaw Members Posts: 498
    edited December 2010
    Options
    LOL, you should have known since long ago that juelz21 is only worth comic purposes.

lol. I know dude is funny as hell. He's on Sohh too, making other posters mad.
  • thecomebacklegend
    thecomebacklegend Members Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    they recorded that song before he passed u idiot. it was just officalyreleased on vinyl after he passed away

and how is that not a ? move when pac released hit em up on single a month after he got out of prison

pac had the two ? shook
  • juelz21
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lol. I know dude is funny as hell. He's on Sohh too, making other posters mad.

poster loves me on there.
  • mattik
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I am not talking about his name should have been mentioned or anything along the line. juelz21 said that they MENTION 2Pac by name and spit out his name but everyone including you knows that they never mention 2pac by name.

nah, they never say dude's name. which i always thought made the diss more effective because they could have easily said his name, but they werent trying to use that beef to propel their careers, they did it because he needed to get dissed. point blank. and the song was released as a promotional single for hell on earth before pac died. most people didnt hear it til the album dropped after he died, but it was released beforehand.
  • Scholar Jaw
    edited December 2010
    Options
    poster loves me on there.

Nahh I aint even a member there. That place wack as ? . It used to be good but now posters just be taking shots against the rappers they hate to an extent never seen before. SMH.
  • thecomebacklegend
    edited December 2010
    Options
    blank. and the song was released as a promotional single for hell on earth before pac died. most people didnt hear it til the album dropped after he died, but it was released beforehand.

naw ?

if it was released b4 pac died they could of made money off the single like pac did with hit em up

them two ? was shook 2 release that ? just like they was shook 2 say his name
  • juelz21
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Nahh I aint even a member there. That place wack as ? . It used to be good but now posters just be taking shots against the rappers they hate to an extent never seen before. SMH.

then how do the hell u know about me on there if u ain't a member.
  • Hobe cryant
    Hobe cryant Members Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    'Who Shot Ya? You probably screamed louder than an opera,New York gotcha' - prodigy

NO sign on this thread but that line annihilated pac
  • mattik
    edited December 2010
    Options
    naw ?

if it was released b4 pac died they could of made money off the single like pac did with hit em up

them two ? was shook 2 release that ? just like they was shook 2 say his name

they did release it as a single. it came out before he died. and i'm sure they made money off it.
    if they were shook, they wouldnt have recorded it in the first place.
    and think about it.. the song was a single.. they couldnt release a single dissing a man after he died, that would be too insensitive.. the single came out, then pac died, and then they had to decide whether to include it on the album or not.. and since it was already out there to promote the album, and it's a banger, and pac deserved the insult, they kept it on the album.
    anyways, there's no point to this. some of yall just dumb as ? . i'm out.
  • Scholar Jaw
    edited December 2010
    Options
    then how do the hell u know about me on there if u ain't a member.

I used to go there for the latest hip hop news and I went there for the new music, but now I think they banned file sharing.
  • thecomebacklegend
    edited December 2010
    Options
    they did release it as a single. it came out before he died. and i'm sure they made money off it.
    if they were shook, they wouldnt have recorded it in the first place.
    and think about it.. the song was a single.. they couldnt release a single dissing a man after he died, that would be too insensitive.. the single came out, then pac died, and then they had to decide whether to include it on the album or not.. and since it was already out there to promote the album, and it's a banger, and pac deserved the insult, they kept it on the album.
    anyways, there's no point to this. some of yall just dumb as ? . i'm out.

lol ? u making up ? now

that ? was not a single
  • Hobe cryant
    edited December 2010
    Options
    On sohh homeboy name is makeveli_25 or somethin he gets ethered over there and made multiple threads about multi rhyme schemes/syllables

I use to go on sohh to get the leaks cuz they be way faster wit em than this dump
  • thecomebacklegend
    edited December 2010
    Options
    what other songs was on the single
  • juelz21
    edited December 2010
    Options
    On sohh homeboy name is makeveli_25 or somethin he gets ethered over there and made multiple threads about multi rhyme schemes/syllables

I use to go on sohh to get the leaks cuz they be way faster wit em than this dump

my screeame on sohh is mr.michael and i don't get ethered on there
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    edited December 2010
    Options
    'Who Shot Ya? You probably screamed louder than an opera,New York gotcha' - prodigy

NO sign on this thread but that line annihilated pac

LMAO.

So if I diss Prodigy by saying "Who put you in jail? You probably cried like a ? , the jail gotcha" I have annihilated him? Damn, rapping is pretty easy, I should chase it as a job.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I like Mobb Deep, but Prodigy wasn't top 5. I find it laughable that people call 2Pac a mediocre lyricist and then have the nerve to say Prodigy was elite especially regarding rhyme scheme. Prodigy barely has a rhyme scheme as his whole rhyme style is free verse where the words don't rhyme for the most part. Let's not forget the fact that Prodigy was nowhere near the songwriter that Pac was which is also a large part of being a lyricist.

Nas
    Scarface
    Jay Z
    2Pac
    Biggie

^^^All better than Prodigy in the 90's. Lyrically, Prodigy was in the class of rappers like DMX.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I like Mobb Deep, but Prodigy wasn't top 5. I find it laughable that people call 2Pac a mediocre lyricist and then have the nerve to say Prodigy was elite especially regarding rhyme scheme. Prodigy barely has a rhyme scheme as his whole rhyme style is free verse where the words don't rhyme for the most part. Let's not forget the fact that Prodigy was nowhere near the songwriter that Pac was which is also a large part of being a lyricist.

Nas
    Scarface
    Jay Z
    2Pac
    Biggie

^^^All better than Prodigy in the 90's. Lyrically, Prodigy was in the class of rappers like DMX.

Real talk. I bet it has something to do with him being from NY(A NY rapper) .
  • Hobe cryant
    edited December 2010
    Options
    my screeame on sohh is mr.michael and i don't get ethered on there

Theres a pac stan who makes multiple threads about pac and multi rhyme schemes and gets roasted for it if thats not you its your carbon copy
    LMAO.

So if I diss Prodigy by saying "Who put you in jail? You probably cried like a ? , the jail gotcha" I have annihilated him? Damn, rapping is pretty easy, I should chase it as a job.

NO

Pac got shot and robbed in NYC

of robberies in Manhattan you knew what happened 60 g's and one for gun clappin

Clownin him gettin robbed and being specific
    Who Shot Ya? You probably screamed louder than an opera

Biggie made a song called who shot ya that pac took personal and P repeats that and says New York gotcha which means WE DID(NYC not mobb deep)
    New York gotcha, now you wanna use my mob as a crutch
    what makes you think you cant get bucked again

Then says it can happen again which is a threat and again clownin a ? who was almost killed

Thats just 8 bars
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Pac wasn't no damn lyricist. Pac is a poor man's Scarface. Simple ass attention ? type ?
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Theres a pac stan who makes multiple threads about pac and multi rhyme schemes and gets roasted for it if thats not you its your carbon copy

NO

Pac got shot and robbed in NYC

Clownin him gettin robbed and being specific

Biggie made a song called who shot ya that pac took personal and P repeats that and says New York gotcha which means WE DID(NYC not mobb deep)

Then says it can happen again which is a threat and again clownin a ? who was almost killed

Thats just 8 bars

Thanks for responding, the bolded is all I needed to know.