TNA = highway robbery???

Options
Chillin&Postin
Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
edited January 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
-- Former WWE talent Chuck Palumbo took to Twitter to note that the average TNA mid-card wrestler makes less than $500 per match not to mention that they must cover their own hotel expenses and health insurance.

He wrote: "Two fans asked me how much a wrestler makes over at TNA today, when I told them the "average mid carder" is makin less than 500 a match...no hotels .....they couldn't believe it.. That's before taxes and expenses and paying your own health insurance.... They were like holy****, we better stay in school.. I said "good idea."

"That's not a knock on the boys....I respect their passion....the wrestling companies take advantage of their passion! Any company outside of wrestling would love to have workers with the desire work ethic and passion of a wrestler.. The ones that do ....care about their employees and give them benefits etc..bonuses too."

lordsofpain

Comments

• Chillin&Postin
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol @ this comment

Facebook User1:15 am
    no wonder nick gauge robbed a bank lol
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    -- Former WWE talent Chuck Palumbo took to Twitter to note that the average TNA mid-card wrestler makes less than $500 per match not to mention that they must cover their own hotel expenses and health insurance.

He wrote: "Two fans asked me how much a wrestler makes over at TNA today, when I told them the "average mid carder" is makin less than 500 a match...no hotels .....they couldn't believe it.. That's before taxes and expenses and paying your own health insurance.... They were like holy****, we better stay in school.. I said "good idea."

"That's not a knock on the boys....I respect their passion....the wrestling companies take advantage of their passion! Any company outside of wrestling would love to have workers with the desire work ethic and passion of a wrestler.. The ones that do ....care about their employees and give them benefits etc..bonuses too."

lordsofpain
    lmaoooooooo
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If this is true then ? TNA on a VERY SERIOUS tip. They dropped 15k Jwow but they cant pay the people puttig their lives on the line every night? NO ? .
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    it is very true.

why do you think Awesome Kong initially got into a beef with TNA management? She was making something like $250-$350 per night, and she wanted a small raise, something like $50-$100 per night and they didn't want to give it to her. She ? about it and they kept her off TV, then brought her back around the time Hogan and Bischoff brought their band of misfits, including Bubba the Love Sponge. Then she got into a beef with him over his Haiti comments, and the rest is history.

I believe on average, the non-marquee wrestlers make about $400 a match. Though TNA is a privately owned company, the true salaries aren't released. Yet, with all the complaints about how much these dudes make and them ? about it at some time during their TNA run, it can't be much.

And if they're willing to spend 15K on a single Jwoww appearance that got TNA no mainstream attention and 18K on that ugly Immortal belt, but not give their talent raises and bonuses, as I said before, TNA has their priorities backwards.
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Damn, highly possible I make more than a TNA midcarder.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Anybody with a damn job make more than a TNA midcarder
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I don't even have a job and I make more than a tna mid carder
  • real ness
    real ness Members Posts: 263
    edited January 2011
    Options
    htowntx wrote: »

lmaooooooooo
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i don't even have a job and i make more than a tna mid carder

lmaoooooooooooo
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

lololololololol
  • Mally_G
    edited January 2011
    Options

GOAT comment
  • datrumeaning
    datrumeaning Members Posts: 15
    edited January 2011
    Options
    This isn't news really. Most of the Indy workers who have gone through there say that TNA pays you in chickens and beer.
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited January 2011
    Options
    how much a wwf mid carder get payed
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    how much a wwf mid carder get payed

$501......
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    its a well known fact wrestlers get undershitted

its all on you to put yourself out there and make the most of your popularity(ie. the rock)
  • Mally_G
    edited January 2011
    Options
    its a well known fact wrestlers get undershitted

its all on you to put yourself out there and make the most of your popularity(ie. the rock)

the problem with that is, now if you go against the script like Rock and Austin were rumored to do (ripping up scripts handed to them after reading them and laughing about it), you'll be buried, ? on, and then endeavored. No one has the ? to do what Rock/Austin did during that era of wrestling because this era of wrestling caters to the sponsors (PG era). Everything has to be sponsor and kid friendly, or the WWE will lose money if those sponsors bail on them.

There has been examples of wrestlers (Christian, Zach Ryder, etc) who were told to get themselves over, and when they did, they got held back. I can't say much for Ryder because his gimmick is corny as ? ; but Christian has a fanbase that follows him and the WWE hated the fact that he made a name and brand for himself and they can't capitalize on it.

Putting yourself out there doesn't work anymore.........
  • the1nonlyruru
    the1nonlyruru Members Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    damn shame but thats the hustle TNA is doing. they are getting paid per appearance so if they have no idea what to do with you you not eating. all WWE talent is paid salary. bet you anything santino and aj styles getting paid the same. and from what i've heard the lowest paid wrestlers in TNA is generation me and madison rayne. and it is a damn shame because instead of paying the wrestlers with talent they blow 15k on a 1 time appearance on Jwoww and 18k on that ? ass looking divas belt they call the world heavyweight championship
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited January 2011
    Options
    got dammm

they gave jwow 18k???

if this is true then TNA talent should protest
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    smh @ the christian situation...

? been one of the most underrated for a long time...
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    And TNA had the nerve at one point to stop them from doing indy shows. As much ? as the WWE do at least you still get paid your salary even if they got nothing for you to do
  • Mally_G
    edited January 2011
    Options
    15K for a JWoWW appearance

18K for the custom Jeff Hardy/Diva TNA World Championship belt

$250 per appearance for Generation Me

TNA has been better with allowing talent to do indy shows, as long as those shows aren't the day before a PPV and too far away so that the talent can't make it to their scheduled TNA event due to bad weather. But there were horror stories of talent getting stuck in other states because they were doing an indy show and couldn't get a early enough flight back to FLA to work their TNA show. I think Tomko ? everyone over when he went to Japan to work a show (defend his tag belts with A-Train) and arrived to the TNA event like 3-4 hours before. Then he kept bragging and showing everyone the tape of the match, saying that they were going stiff in the match and that he enjoyed it more than what TNA was doing.

But I find it odd that TNA will try to keep talent that has already built a name for themselves like X-Pac, Scott Hall, Sabu and others when they no-show events or come in late and ? , but when someone like Alex Shelley arrives a few minutes late to an event and he goes on 2-3 match on the card, they will punish him by making him do the job or not even allowing him to wrestle, then punishing him even further by not letting him wrestle for a couple weeks, thus taking away his paydays.
  • d-skrilla
    d-skrilla Members Posts: 41
    edited January 2011
    Options
    dakari wrote: »
    $501......
    lol.......
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Dakari wrote: »