Is John Morrison the white Shelton Benjamin?

Options
the1nonlyruru
the1nonlyruru Members Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
edited January 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
after watching a great match on monday night raw between the miz and john morrison it hit me that john morrison and shelton benjamin are very similar. both great athletes and both getting ? on by WWE. yea they both have had chances to be champion and its not like people didn't like them. john morrison is very over with the crowd right now more than the miz is. so how much longer do you think john morrison will be in WWE til they get tired of having him lose?

Comments

• Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    SMH @ people like the Miz and Sheamus gettin put over, but Shelton Benjamin (one of the most athletically gifted wrestlers ever) gets treated like a ?

Shelton was never good on the mic but he wouldve been an entertainin champion

John Morrison is in the same boat as Shelton, pure athlete, all they have to do is trim his damn hair and get rid of those furry ass tights

give him a new finisher and a new image and he could be the next Jeff Hardy.... minus all the drug ?
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    smh i damn hope not...
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    well taker never had mic skills really so the whole mic skill schtick is OVERRATED in my book. Sure it's nice to have but not necessary to be a world champ. I also believe Morrison has slightly more charisma personality wise than Shelton it just doesnt translate well over the mic.
  • datrumeaning
    datrumeaning Members Posts: 15
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I don't think JoMo has been around long enough to start comparing him to Shelton. Sure he lacks mic skills but if they really wanted to push him they would. I think they are just taking their time. He looks more like a Jeff Hardy situation to me. He'll win it eventually.
  • darkstarr8
    darkstarr8 Members Posts: 455
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yeah Kinda, but as bad as Morrison is on the mic, Shelton makes him look like The Rock in comparison.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    well taker never had mic skills really so the whole mic skill schtick is OVERRATED in my book. Sure it's nice to have but not necessary to be a world champ. I also believe Morrison has slightly more charisma personality wise than Shelton it just doesnt translate well over the mic.

Really? I liked taker on the mic when he was the American bad ass Taker. Not the when he's on the zombie ? though.

But yeah Morrison has more charisma then Shelton, but I still don't see him being WWE Champion though. Maybe a one time world champ on smackdown, maybe.
  • Jerecole
    Jerecole Members Posts: 55
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Both are phenomenal in ring performers but their personalities are a bit lacking. Shelton has championship ability skill wise but when he talks he's monotone and it's nothing most really pay attention to. Morrison has a bit more ability on the mic but he doesn't exude that "something" that'll capture the crowds interest. The Rock wasn't a great wrestler but he was one of the best on the microphone and oozed personality, charisma and confidence. If you have good mic skills you'll move up the ranks faster than if you're a great in ring performer. Guys like this Alberto Del Rio will be a top heel in the near future because he's exudes that "it" factor.