Soooo Anyone seen Blaine Gabbert play QB from Mizzou??

Options
KeepOnPushing
KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Cuz i havent seen this dude play and barely heard of him and all of a Sudden Todd Mcshay has this dude Projected as a Top 5-10 overall pick and the 2nd QB takin' ....i Swear i haven't heard about this dude all year long , did i miss something? lol...

"Various draft predictions have rated Gabbert as a first-round pick and the second-best at his position behind Stanford's Andrew Luck. "

http://www.mercurynews.com/college-sports/ci_17002328?nclick_check=1

Cuz when i saw Mcshay rankings i said "Who is Blaine Gabbert???" ...Cuz i usually know who everyone is and i was puzzled on this

blaine-gabbert-p1.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1270269950668

So if anyone has seen him play a few games is this dude legit or what????

Comments

• ICame4Pussy
    ICame4Pussy Members Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    For Real, That ? Jake Locker fell Da ? Off by bringing his ? back to washington
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    never even heard of dude
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? dude he finna be a bust
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited January 2011
    Options
    For Real, That ? Jake Locker fell Da ? Off by bringing his ? back to washington

it Wouldnt shock me if he fell out of the First Round and became a early 2nd Round Pick

Luck,Blaine Gabbert,Mallet, and hell i think some folks got Newton ahead of him now...aint no 5 total QB's going in the First Round...

Smh at Being a Projected Top 10 Pick then coming back to school......i always believe in leaving when your stock is just about as high as it's gonna get.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol he's just another version of Chase Daniel
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    it Wouldnt shock me if he fell out of the First Round and became a early 2nd Round Pick

Luck,Blaine Gabbert,Mallet, and hell i think some folks got Newton ahead of him now...aint no 5 total QB's going in the First Round...

Smh at Being a Projected Top 10 Pick then coming back to school......i always believe in leaving when your stock is just about as high as it's gonna get.

this..its fine if you like college but you gotta get the ? out at the best possible time
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    yes. he is legit. yall ? sleeping on him
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited January 2011
    Options

Have u been able to see him play? cuz i have never heard of this dude ...
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    all i know is i heard mel kiper jr on charlotte sports talk radio and he said if Luck returns to school, the panthers may as well draft a different position, because none of the other qb's eligable for the draft are better than Jimmy Clausen.

kiper and now his minion mcshay just throw ? out there and never get held accountable. its like whoever it is that picks march madness brackets. they can saw whatever outrageous ? they want and make ridiculous predictions, because if they are wrong, then nobody knows any different, but if they are right then they look like geniuses.

and what the ? is a scouts inc and where did it come from
  • HustleThaDon
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Have u been able to see him play? cuz i have never heard of this dude ...

I seen him when Mizzou played Texas A&M last year. I dont know what Mcshay is seeing but he looked like a regular ass QB to me. That was just one game though....
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited January 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    all i know is i heard mel kiper jr on charlotte sports talk radio and he said if Luck returns to school, the panthers may as well draft a different position, because none of the other qb's eligable for the draft are better than Jimmy Clausen.

kiper and now his minion mcshay just throw ? out there and never get held accountable. its like whoever it is that picks march madness brackets. they can saw whatever outrageous ? they want and make ridiculous predictions, because if they are wrong, then nobody knows any different, but if they are right then they look like geniuses.

and what the ? is a scouts inc and where did it come from

I Like mcshay way better than Kiper ....Nh....

Kiper just yaps and gets upset during the draft when teams dont pick the player he predicted to go there, and he just rambles.....and i dont agree with that Jimmy Clausen statement he made..
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    as far as this fella, this reminds me of Jay Cultler. He wasn't really a household name, then before the draft Mortenson started hyping him up everywhere, next thing you know, he was being talked about as the best qb in the draft. and well, i guess mort was correct
  • HustleThaDon
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I take that back. I wasnt really watching Gabbert. I was just trying to see if Egnew was getting catches cause he was on my cfb ff team lol....
  • HustleThaDon
    edited January 2011
    Options
    CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
    2009 Blaine Gabbert 262 445 3593 58.9 8.07 24 9 140.5
    2010 Blaine Gabbert 301 475 3186 63.4 6.71 16 9 127.0
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited January 2011
    Options

Well to be honest if Chase Daniel had the Height he probably would have been a High Pick

this Gabbert dude is Listed at 6'5 ...
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Blaine reminds me of Peyton Manning
  • kingian
    kingian Members Posts: 382 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Dude looks very average.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    He's ok but he's in the pass happy Big 12 where a lot of QB's ain't successful in the NFL idk how he moved up to the second rated QB coming out after those 2 horrendous interceptions in their bowl game against Iowa
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited January 2011
    Options
    as far as this fella, this reminds me of Jay Cultler. He wasn't really a household name, then before the draft Mortenson started hyping him up everywhere, next thing you know, he was being talked about as the best qb in the draft. and well, i guess mort was correct

True, Cutler was Hyped Very Late, almost around Combine and Pro day workouts....seem like that came out of nowhere.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited January 2011
    Options
    He's ok but he's in the pass happy Big 12 where a lot of QB's ain't successful in the NFL idk how he moved up to the second rated QB coming out after those 2 horrendous interceptions in their bowl game against Iowa

Well u Go by a Players overall Body of Work and projections , u dont judge them off One Game..
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Well u Go by a Players overall Body of Work and projections , u dont judge them off One Game..

that was the game where his stock went up though
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i'm not sure how you can not even be talked about preseason, then all the sudden you're 2nd behind andrew luck

i mean obviously alot happens during the course of a season, but you would have expected him to either a. have lead mizzou to a bcs game, or b. atleast been in the heisman running.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    never heard of dude till a mock draft..they say he has the tools to be a good qb in the nfl...
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

i was thinking the same exact thing
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I only watched the highlights to see if he threw any TDs to the white boy I had on my fantasy squad... *shrugs*