Nobody is perfect....even ? created the Devil!

Options
Millions Knives
Millions Knives Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
edited January 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
If the Devil is the root of all evil then why not just get rid of the Devil? I just don't get it.. If you had a weed you wanted to get rid of you don't threaten and get rid of the leaves (That would be us humans) you would go after the roots (The Devil)...

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    "The devil inside
    The devil inside
    Every single one of us the devil inside"

? tried to rid the devil with a flood, but the devil is a persistent little ? in the mind of man.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Nah, according to the Christian bible "? " creates "evil", so "? " is the root of all "evil".

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." - Isaiah 45:7
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Nah, according to the Christian bible "? " creates "evil", so "? " is the root of all "evil".

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." - Isaiah 45:7

evil in that sense though = destruction, calamity etc. Not evil as in SIN evil or DEVIL evil etc.

If there is a ? , he isn't perfect.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? created evil........I think the Bible is ? but it does make sense in that our creator created evil. In theory then, the devil, if it's real, works for or with ? .

The devil "existing" all these years proves this.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    evil in that sense though = destruction, calamity etc. Not evil as in SIN evil or DEVIL evil etc.

If there is a ? , he isn't perfect.

Your last sentence is on point........
  • Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited January 2011
    Options
    As contrast, Jews do not believe the devil is a rogue angel. They believe he is still under the control of ? , purposefully acting to tempt mankind.

In Jewish theology, angels are basically robots, without free will. Christianity went a very different route with views of evil, the devil, hell, etc.

in Islam, the devil is a rogue 'angel', but has no power other than the power to suggest evil acts, like a marketer.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sh0t wrote: »
    As contrast, Jews do not believe the devil is a rogue angel. They believe he is still under the control of ? , purposefully acting to tempt mankind.

In Jewish theology, angels are basically robots, without free will. Christianity went a very different route with views of evil, the devil, hell, etc.

in Islam, the devil is a rogue 'angel', but has no power other than the power to suggest evil acts, like a marketer.

I didn't even know this, props.......Judaism and Islam seem to make more sense than the Bible in this aspect from a reason point of view, a devil that "exists" with so much power would have to be working with ? . If not, a moral and just ? would have slayed this Satan character a long time ago.

That's like me watching someone I know molest a young person in front of view, and me not doing anything to stop it. I would be just as bad as the molester for being able to stop the evil from happening but NOT DOING ANYTHING.