Number of the Beast

Options
Jabu_Rule
Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
I have a bill for an account that's $866.66. If i pay $200.66 next week, this will bring it down to $666.. (SMH @ my evil debts)

Am i going to hell?:mad:

is it 666 or 616? I heard there's a bit of confusion there. :confused:

Translated from the Greek manuscripts, the King James bible has this quote.

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
-- Book of Revelation 13:17–18

Scientist came up with this.:D

In May 2005, it was reported that scholars at Oxford University using advanced imaging techniques had been able to read previously illegible portions of a manuscript which stated 616 instead of the majority of texts which state 666. However, the existence of manuscripts attesting to 616 has been known long before this finding. ..Wikipedia (Goat, ? what chu heard)

What is this number supposed to indicate anyway?

Comments

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I could understand why they went with 666, it's much cooler than 616.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The number 666 is repeated like that because ? wants to make sure that everybody knows that the antichrist is just a man! He is a man, man, man. He is not ? ! The number 6 represents man because on the 6th day ? created man.

"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six." Revelation 13:18

There are probably more implications to the number, but the most basic one is the fact I just stated, which I believe to be the most important. ? bless.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The number 666 is repeated like that because ? wants to make sure that everybody knows that the antichrist is just a man! He is a man, man, man. He is not ? ! The number 6 represents man because on the 6th day ? created man.

"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six." Revelation 13:18

There are probably more implications to the number, but the most basic one is the fact I just stated, which I believe to be the most important. ? bless.

Ok Ok. So what is this 616 all about? Is the evidence that the researchers found that 666 is really 616 correct, or are they reaching?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Ok Ok. So what is this 616 all about? Is the evidence that the researchers found that 666 is really 616 correct, or are they reaching?
    They graspng for straws without arms bro.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

Gotta agree with DoU here. (not that silly "666=man, man, man" ? that he just completely made up) but simple math shows it can't be 616.

A score = 20 years. 3 scores = 60 years.

Six hundred threescore and six = 666... clearly.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    Gotta agree with DoU here. (not that silly "666=man, man, man" ? that he just completely made up) but simple math shows it can't be 616.

A score = 20 years. 3 scores = 60 years.

Six hundred threescore and six = 666... clearly.

I was referring to the new evidence that was found that translated the scripture to a different increment.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=30211

Not that any of this matters though. I'm just having fun with the random interpretations of the bible and bible manuscripts.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    666 was used as covert discrimination against some asian cultures.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2011
    Options
    666 was used as covert discrimination against some asian cultures.

This sounds interesting. Give me more details on this..
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    This sounds interesting. Give me more details on this..

Nah it only appears interesting at first glance lol

333 666 and 999 are some of the luckiest numbers according to some asian cultures. Therefore "people in the know" about the "true" meaning of 666 would get all spooked out about asian philosophies/peoples and think they are evil or "devil" lovers and avoid even considering their culture/philosophies.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Nah it only appears interesting at first glance lol

333 666 and 999 are some of the luckiest numbers according to some asian cultures. Therefore "people in the know" about the "true" meaning of 666 would get all spooked out about asian philosophies/peoples and think they are evil or "devil" lovers and avoid even considering their culture/philosophies.

This is a prime example of how Christians don't own the market on prophecies.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? think the devil is mike jones, givin out his number?

for real?

a secret satanic conspiracy to take over the world but they leave an obvious numerical calling card.

sure.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I was referring to the new evidence that was found that translated the scripture to a different increment.

Not that any of this matters though. I'm just having fun with the random interpretations of the bible and bible manuscripts.

Well now... Thats interesting.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

This of course will be dismissed by many believers, but still, what do you guys think about this?

*already knows one answer to this
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    or it has to do with the fact that there are versions of the passage out there that give the number as 616
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The latest thread created put the thread count at 1,666. we're all going to hell..
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Naughty jungle of love....devilman...mark of the Beast!