BONE vs Three Six Mafia

Options
Calii Comfort
Calii Comfort Members Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in The Face Off Forum
Who do u think is better?

I like both groups a lot but i think three six edges it out because they put more albums out, at the end of the day imo bone only had 3 solid albums. After that they kinda fell off, plus three six members are able to work solo all the solo albums released by 3 6 members were pretty damn good check Lord I-Lord Of Terror,Scale-A-Ton, Juicy had numerous tapes but Chronicles would be the best,Koopsta Knicca Devil Playground Was Classic, and idk if boo and crunchy had solo ? .

The only member i would bump out of bone if they went solo would be krayzie. bone is better in a group, and 3 6 members can manage a solo career

Comments

• G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    both are in my top 3 group wise...but i like bone better..

its tough to decide, but bone just had the better flows, and melodies...

but 3 6 is right there imo..
  • Calii Comfort
    edited January 2011
    Options
    both are in my top 3 group wise...but i like bone better..

its tough to decide, but bone just had the better flows, and melodies...

but 3 6 is right there imo..

bone in quality wise yea. but there something about 3 6 beats that are just amazing to me
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    No competition. Bone Thugs are superior.
  • bknugga
    bknugga Members Posts: 107
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Extended and related acts or just the groups themselves?

Either way im more of 3-6 fan by a large amount. Especially if you add up the collective associated acts T-Rock, HCP, PP and the fact that Paul and Juicy did like 99.99% production (maybe Lil Pat too, but that's in dispute)
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i don't think either is better
    i like more three 6 songs tho
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Only reason Bone fell off is cause 1. They lost there mentor 2. They couldnt stay outta trouble and 3. They couldnt get along with each other for long.

They were the better group between the 2 but Three Six was solid for a good minute. Prolly didnt appeal to many outside of the south but they held it down.
  • Calii Comfort
    edited January 2011
    Options
    bknugga wrote: »

Either way im more of 3-6 fan by a large amount. Especially if you add up the collective associated acts T-Rock, HCP, PP and the fact that Paul and Juicy did like 99.99% production (maybe Lil Pat too, but that's in dispute)

Altogether. Cuz i checked bone's solo ? and it was ehhhh

yeah thats what i mean 3 6 was able to launch careers like pat,prophet posse, and other dudes
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    T/S you dont ? wit Bizzy??
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

This. if u include the extended hypnotize camp with kingpin, koop, gangsta blac, k-rock, indo g, and playa fly, im going with triple six all the way. dont get me wrong i like bone too, but your talking to somebody who owned or owns all of their underground tapes, prophet posse, king of da playaz ball, and hypnotize camp posse
  • Calii Comfort
    edited January 2011
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    Only reason Bone fell off is cause 1. They lost there mentor 2. They couldnt stay outta trouble and 3. They couldnt get along with each other for long.

They were the better group between the 2 but Three Six was solid for a good minute. Prolly didnt appeal to many outside of the south but they held it down.

bone outshines 3 6 based on quality imo because some ? by three six sound like it was recorded in a closet or some ? hahaa.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited January 2011
    Options
    bone in quality wise yea. but there something about 3 6 beats that are just amazing to me

right and they werent slouches on the mic...

minus crunchy, but he added somethin to the group...
  • Stew
    edited January 2011
    Options
    bone outshines 3 6 based on quality imo because some ? by three six sound like it was recorded in a closet or some ? hahaa.

lol yea there earlier ? was gritty as hell. Gotta remember Bone was signed to Ruthless early, 3 6 was str8 underground for awhile.
  • bknugga
    edited January 2011
    Options

Of the Bone stuff i've heard, they've always had backing by a record label. Mystic Styles and The Underground tape were produced very lo-fi because them dudes had no money. But after Mystic Styles their production value picked waaay up. Da End was way beyond Mystic Styles production wise.
  • Calii Comfort
    edited January 2011
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    lol yea there earlier ? was gritty as hell. Gotta remember Bone was signed to Ruthless early, 3 6 was str8 underground for awhile.

yeah but people say that bone took there style. Honestly i don't think they sound a like at all maybe lord i or koop could pass for a bone member based off that melody type of flow but other than that they don't alike at all to me
  • Stew
    edited January 2011
    Options
    yeah but people say that bone took there style. Honestly i don't think they sound a like at all maybe lord i or koop could pass for a bone member based off that melody type of flow but other than that they don't alike at all to me

I think that ? was all about 3 6 trynna gain some attention. Neither of there music sounded similar at all, maybe a couple rappers had a similar style but they wasnt talking bout the same ? . No way Bone was listening to there ? back in 95.
  • bknugga
    edited January 2011
    Options

I dunno who started the Tounge twisting ? , but out of the camp, it was mainly Lord , Koop and early T-Rock that did it. Lord eventually changed styles (like he seemed to do every 3 albums) to that Keiser Soze ?
  • Tree Fiddy
    Tree Fiddy Members Posts: 1,294
    edited January 2011
    Options
    This is like Biggie vs Pac, but better. 3-6 wins by a small margin.
  • Tree Fiddy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Great thread, by the way.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I dunno who started the Tounge twisting ? , but out of the camp, it was mainly Lord , Koop and early T-Rock that did it. Lord eventually changed styles (like he seemed to do every 3 albums) to that Keiser Soze ?

skinny ? use to be on it heavy too...but i think twista was prolly on it b4 all of em..
  • Calii Comfort
    edited January 2011
    Options
    it might of been twista doing it first i remember seeing an old ass vid he look like he was 13 and he was doing that style
  • Tree Fiddy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    skinny ? use to be on it heavy too...but i think twista was prolly on it b4 all of em..

^ southern rap encyclopedia
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i ? for with bones...but 3-6 get a ? wanting to ? ? up lol
  • bknugga
    edited January 2011
    Options

Damn, absolutely right. Forgot Skinny and Twista
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

believe it or not, dj paul is a classically trained pianist. and juicy j said in an article he grew up listening to groups like iron maiden and megadeath. so its not that much of a stretch to see why they sometimes have intricate harmonies in their songs. but one aspect about them that gets overlooked alot is their sampling abilities. they can flip the ? out of a sample

here are examples

• G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    and juicy j said in an article he grew up listening to groups like iron maiden and megadeath.

i be on that same ? ..