Why Africans and Black Americans don't get along

Options
Mr.Burns
Mr.Burns Members Posts: 517
edited January 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Simple answer--cause Black Americans are white people with sun tans. Yup, Black Americans fear, mistrust and hate other black people just as much or more than white folks. Africans recognize this and that's why old timer Africans keep it pushin when they see yall.

In Africa there's this concept of the family being whom ever is closest to you at a given moment in time. If a brother from Ghana and a brother from Kenya meet in the U.S. it's like fam because at that given moment they are the most closely related to one another. Black Americans see other black people as just "? " they don't know.

I notice Caribbeans and others from the African diaspora don't have this "other ? " mentality.

Comments

• Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

I don't even take these threads seriously anymore.

Black Americans, Africans, West Indians, Asians etc. aren't single, collective minds, they're separate individuals who have one factor in common (their ethnic heritage), I guarantee you that there is no direct, causal relationship between any negative or positive personality trait and being a member of -insert group-.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • sandiegohiphophustle
    sandiegohiphophustle Members Posts: 77
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Why should we give a ? ?
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »

yessuh

and africans told me its because we think we are better then them
    typical american attitiude
  • Mr.Burns
    Mr.Burns Members Posts: 517
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Why should we give a ? ?

Cause cali needs to stop over pronouncing the R...maRk ? busteR
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Mr.Burns wrote: »
    Simple answer--cause Black Americans are white people with sun tans. Yup, Black Americans fear, mistrust and hate other black people just as much or more than white folks. Africans recognize this and that's why old timer Africans keep it pushin when they see yall.

In Africa there's this concept of the family being whom ever is closest to you at a given moment in time. If a brother from Ghana and a brother from Kenya meet in the U.S. it's like fam because at that given moment they are the most closely related to one another. Black Americans see other black people as just "? " they don't know.

I notice Caribbeans and others from the African diaspora don't have this "other ? " mentality.

I call ? , 'cause if you're from Kenya and Kikuyu, and you meet a Luo or Luhyia here in the States, you should prolly watch ya back... ESPECIALLY if it's found out that you or one of your family members is a part of the Mungiki.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    dam ? straight disrespected homies thread lol

ts said some bs though africans be committing massacres AA just ? each other alot
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    dam ? straight disrespected homies thread lol

ts said some bs though africans be committing massacres AA just ? each other alot

all you gotta do is read to know this... which apparently the T/S doesn't do.
  • Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Never had problems with any Africans, here or in Africa, but I've been on the receiving end of Caribbean disdain for American blacks.

Black Americans, despite what most say, are Americans more than they are black. That causes problems for them with many people.
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sh0t wrote: »
    Black Americans, despite what most say, are Americans more than they are black. That causes problems for them with many people.

Alright now you ? up. See this is the reason why black Latinos stay gettin' ? on in Latina America and had to come here and really do their thing. They put being a Latino above being black. We never did that ? with the American title, and once the majority moves to do that? We gone get pushed right back down again and have to do the whole civil rights and black power thing all over again.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sh0t wrote: »
    Never had problems with any Africans, here or in Africa, but I've been on the receiving end of Caribbean disdain for American blacks.

uh oh thread derail lol
  • musicology1985
    edited January 2011
    Options
    African Immigrants come over here and enjoy the benifits that we fought for them to have AFTER THEY SOLD MANY OF US INTO SLAVERY. When we were getting lynched in mass, we couldn't call on the Africans for ? . West Indians and Puerto Ricans came over to help, but Africans are just now getting here poppin' ? after all the work was done. West Indians are our closest allies but if they start trying to boss up on u check that ? y'all.

We came up in the belly of the beast so of course we get the most hate from our relatives, but we gotta stay on point because people of African descent are already fiercely tribal, so once the divisions are placed it's gone be some drama. That's why it's good that our politics has prevented the encouragement of divisions within divisions like other countries.

Nevertheless, we do need to re boost our black pride. It's too many ? these days.
  • anthony7q
    anthony7q Members Posts: 782
    edited January 2011
    Options
    African Immigrants come over here and enjoy the benifits that we fought for them to have AFTER THEY SOLD MANY OF US INTO SLAVERY. When we were getting lynched in mass, we couldn't call on the Africans for ? . West Indians and Puerto Ricans came over to help, but Africans are just now getting here poppin' ? after all the work was done. West Indians are our closest allies but if they start trying to boss up on u check that ? y'all.

We came up in the belly of the beast so of course we get the most hate from our relatives, but we gotta stay on point because people of African descent are already fiercely tribal, so once the divisions are placed it's gone be some drama. That's why it's good that our politics has prevented the encouragement of divisions within divisions like other countries.

Nevertheless, we do need to re boost our black pride. It's too many ? these days.

That's not true. I personally talked to an African professor who helped set sh*t on fire in the South during the Civil Rights struggle.

The bottom line is most Blacks will do everything and anything to please the White people in America. The Civil Rights struggle wasn't popular with the Black Community as a whole. Most Blacks back then wanted everything to remain the same. MLK and others fought them just as hard as he fought the White people.
  • musicology1985
    edited January 2011
    Options
    anthony7q wrote: »
    That's not true. I personally talked to an African professor who helped set sh*t on fire in the South during the Civil Rights struggle.

The bottom line is most Blacks will do everything and anything to please the White people in America. The Civil Rights struggle wasn't popular with the Black Community as a whole. Most Blacks back then wanted everything to remain the same. MLK and others fought them just as hard as he fought the White people.

the main leaders of the black power and civil rights movements were of traditional bama roots or west indian and puerto rican. if I left a few Africans out that were not prominent, my bad. and the civil rights and black power struggles were popular, depending on what type of black you were. one half of my family supported MLK & the other half supported Malcolm X. If you don't like us here than leave Georgia and move to Africa. I'm cool with both sides but I will not take any disrespect from African Immigrants just like they should take none from me. Bottom line.
  • musicology1985
    edited January 2011
    Options
    As a black American, when you step foot in Africa, show respect and acknowledge the customs. It should be the same if reversed. My family is intermarried with South Africans and I was born with West and East African names. African Immigrants come here for opportunities that would not be available had that work not been put in.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I know that African Americans joke about other cultures often especially when growing up and in school, but we do the same to ourselves. Laughing always kept us strong. Not everyone really feels that way and maybe it's just because i live in NYC but all of the black cultures intermingle and they are able to retain their own cultural identity without tribal massacres resulting.

I know my ancestors were from Africa but being that Africans sold us off and considered as an enemy tribe, I'm wondering if i should identify with y'all at all at this point. African Americans have already created one of the most beautiful and emulated cultures on earth through our music and creativity in the face of the most powerful force on this planet.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    thats ? ...
    We are Americans, but i guess we are hated here and abroad...
    And I'm of Caribbean decent, and they have nothing against AA...

I've heard Caribbeans repeat the same stereotypes that were created by racist to demonize African Americans. Many Caribbeans consider African Americans to be lazy and violent even when their children are identified as part of the problem. This is not a generalization though as many don't think like that. I had to scream on some Haitians when i was in high school cuz they was talking ? about African Americans. I guess cuz of my name, they thought i was down with that ? . surprise surprise. They my peoples though. I have Haitian relatives, west Indian and puerto rican relatives. African Americans are willing to ? girls from anywhere.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    In my experience old Africans are like that.

The younger generation are not too much different from Black Americans in public. But at home their behavior changes to appease their parents. JUst like everyone else changes how they act around their parents.

THis African vs. Black ? is dead cuz when ? hits the fan you muthafukkas will be right back to hiding behind us like you always do. Soon as somebody does something racist. Who spoke up for Dialo when he got ass ? in NY? AMERICAN BLACKS. Who spoke up for that African dude who got shot just showing his wallet in NY? AMERICAN BLACKS.

Sorry but talk all the ? you want. We all know who u come crying to when ? goes down.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Chike wrote: »

Its funny because you know he is not african, but i thought he was before he started with the fake accent lol.
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    its because african americans are hebrew israelites, their not the same as the other africans.

it was the other africans that sold the israelites into slavery, it tells u right there in the bible.

alot of west africans are israelites also, and the seed has been mixed all over...but alot of africans are'nt of the same stock as the african americans, caribeans and south american blacks.

the spirit is completely different.
  • anthony7q
    anthony7q Members Posts: 782
    edited January 2011
    Options
    the main leaders of the black power and civil rights movements were of traditional bama roots or west indian and puerto rican. if I left a few Africans out that were not prominent, my bad. and the civil rights and black power struggles were popular, depending on what type of black you were. one half of my family supported MLK & the other half supported Malcolm X. If you don't like us here than leave Georgia and move to Africa. I'm cool with both sides but I will not take any disrespect from African Immigrants just like they should take none from me. Bottom line.

How did you know I was in Georgia?

The United States can go to hell btw...
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? . If Africans felt a sense of solidarity with one another they'd bring all the knowledge and resources they aquired in the states back to the motherland. But we don't see that. African's similar to A Americans have short term memory when it comes to remembering where they came from once they have obtained some sort of success. The LACK of organization,integrity, and social engagement is something ALL African peoples share. This is a defect we must overcome. If we don't set aside our differences the Arabs,Asians, and Whites will continue to have an economic leverage over us.
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The white man wins. he divides and conquers and everyone else continues to try to be accepted by him while ? on each other.

but i say ? him.

? christianity.
    ? democrats and republicans.
    ? perms and weaves.

The white man is getting weaker. think about the white men of 1961 vs the white men of 2011.

its funny how when the white man wont matter no more, race wont matter no more.

hmmmm....

c-o-n-spiracy.