Options
    Paul Mooney goes hard.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    "Oprah is a double agent"

"Oprah's a danger to us. Oprah's Aunt Jemima with a degree."

LMAO, too many quotables in that video. He went in hard, nothing but real talk about Beyonce and Oprah
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    WTF does Etta James have to do with anything??? Lmaooo that doesn't even make sense. If the president of the United States of America wanted to hear Etta James, he would've called Etta James.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    he did go hard on Beyonce and Oprah Though,Paul Mooney keeps it real he dont sugarcoat ?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Paul Mooney is funny but i take everything he says with a grain of salt, dude is married to a white woman for ? sakes.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Paul Mooney is funny but i take everything he says with a grain of salt, dude is married to a white woman for ? sakes.

glad someone said it.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited February 2010
    Options
    just because he has kids by a white woman dont mean he has to kiss her ass and stop being himself
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    just because he has kids by a white woman dont mean he has to kiss her ass and stop being himself

No, but it means his entire comedic schtick loses its edge.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited February 2010
    Options
    dave chapelle doesnt care neither babagurl he's happy
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    WTF does Etta James have to do with anything??? Lmaooo that doesn't even make sense. If the president of the United States of America wanted to hear Etta James, he would've called Etta James.

You so ? lost it aint even funny LOL

CONTEXT man CONTEXT listen to the CONTEXT in which he is saying what he is saying and its very clear.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You so ? lost it aint even funny LOL

CONTEXT man CONTEXT listen to the CONTEXT in which he is saying what he is saying and its very clear.
    LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

No

I get the CONTEXT, and it's still stupid. That's not even originally Etta James' song anyways.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^ You beat me to it!

So, yea...lets really put things into perspective.

1. That is not Etta James song in the first place and Etta came out her face at Beyonce first, maybe that's why Beyonce wasn't "gracious"
    2. Paul Mooney is married to a white woman. Dave Chappell being married to an Asian is different because his shtick is not attacking white people and judging black people like Paul's, its a satirical look at ALL races.
    3. Black people who go at Oprah are just lame.

"Black vs white my ? we off that" - Jay-Z

I'm not saying be some Uncle Tom or let white folks pull the woll over ya eyes, but its 2010. Nobody got time to be hating every single white person and everything they say and do no more. Paul's routine is dated. It was cool when Richard Pryor did it.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited February 2010
    Options
    focus but why they white folks have time to hate us?? think about it
    john mayer can say the N word people arent uproared about it,paul mooney speaks the truth on something yall wanna pull up the ? 's resume
  • focus
    edited February 2010
    Options
    focus but why they white folks have time to hate us?? think about it
    john mayer can say the N word people arent uproared about it,paul mooney speaks the truth on something yall wanna pull up the ? 's resume

Who has time to get all up in arms everytime a white person says the N word? I mean, are you a N word? I'd only get mad if I felt like I really was one. The N word is the same as calling me "stupid" or a "poo poo head" or some other silly, childish name calling an ignorant person would say. I don't give it any power. But I mean, we all have the right to not buy his next album.

As for white folks hatin on us, what about the blacks folks hatin on each other?
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yeah a white person can say something out the ? blue like John Mayer,Pat robertson and rush limbaugh but when people expose they ? you think we should shut the ? up and accept it? ? this is the land of the so called ? free we have every right to call anyone out that spreads Racism.I be damned John Mayer gonna get a pass for this.Damn right we gonna take it deep.hell white folks didnt have a problem lynching black folks and callin us ******s for 100's of years. GTFOH
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    ^ You beat me to it!

So, yea...lets really put things into perspective.

1. That is not Etta James song in the first place and Etta came out her face at Beyonce first, maybe that's why Beyonce wasn't "gracious"
    2. Paul Mooney is married to a white woman. Dave Chappell being married to an Asian is different because his shtick is not attacking white people and judging black people like Paul's, its a satirical look at ALL races.
    3. Black people who go at Oprah are just lame.

"Black vs white my ? we off that" - Jay-Z

I'm not saying be some Uncle Tom or let white folks pull the woll over ya eyes, but its 2010. Nobody got time to be hating every single white person and everything they say and do no more. Paul's routine is dated. It was cool when Richard Pryor did it.

Naw b things are still bad for black folks poverty rates, mortality rates, education, stadard of living across the board things are still bad for the overwheling majority of blacks folks so don't think cause it's 2010 things are better. You sounding like you falling for the Okey doke my man. Behold the pale horse family.
  • focus
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yeah a white person can say something out the ? blue like John Mayer,Pat robertson and rush limbaugh but when people expose they ? you think we should shut the ? up and accept it? ? this is the land of the so called ? free we have every right to call anyone out that spreads Racism.I be damned John Mayer gonna get a pass for this.Damn right we gonna take it deep.hell white folks didnt have a problem lynching black folks and callin us ******s for 100's of years. GTFOH

Why is it okay for Paul Mooney to say all this stuff then? Why is black on black acceptable, but when a white person says something black people all of a sudden wanna stand united?

And LOL @ you thinking you "exposing" these folks. Rush Limbaugh gets paid MILLIONS to say and do the horrible things he does. He has legions of follows. He WANTS yo simple ass to get upset and have a reaction to comments that you yourself claim don't even apply to you. He needs that for promotion. Its called "shock radio". If you wanna hurt him, ignore his ass and stop being ? "shocked". Stop taking the bait and proving people like him right.
  • focus
    edited February 2010
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    Naw b things are still bad for black folks poverty rates, mortality rates, education, stadard of living across the board things are still bad for the overwheling majority of blacks folks so don't think cause it's 2010 things are better. You sounding like you falling for the Okey doke my man. Behold the pale horse family.

Huh? Who said things were perfect? Re-read the last paragraph of what I said that you quoted.
  • tam
    tam Members Posts: 903
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wow, he's married to a white woman??!

i thought he was ? !.... smh@ him being a hypocrite.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited February 2010
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Why is it okay for Paul Mooney to say all this stuff then? Why is black on black acceptable, but when a white person says something black people all of a sudden wanna stand united?

And LOL @ you thinking you "exposing" these folks. Rush Limbaugh gets paid MILLIONS to say and do the horrible things he does. He has legions of follows. He WANTS yo simple ass to get upset and have a reaction to comments that you yourself claim don't even apply to you. He needs that for promotion. Its called "shock radio". If you wanna hurt him, ignore his ass and stop being ? "shocked". Stop taking the bait and proving people like him right.

focus since youre white think about, why u think paul mooney says the things he says? cause if you think about it white people have been saying the N word so long they teeth stay white? white people are the ones who started and continued racism in this country for 100's of years.paul mooney likes to exploit the ills of this country,which i respect.white people shouldnt be the ones ? ,blacks should be furious
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    tam wrote: »
    wow, he's married to a white woman??!

i thought he was ? !.... smh@ him being a hypocrite.

How does being married to a white woman make him a hypocrite? He's still speaking the truth on how black people and othe minorities have it rough in America. Its cats that are sellouts for real but they happen to be married to black women so its all good then I guess.