wring skills az
    catalogue raekwon
    favorite raekwon
    better raekwon =)
  • kj_da_midwest_mobsta
    kj_da_midwest_mobsta Members Posts: 680 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    az flow on lifes a ? is one of my favorite verses of all time but overall i vote for the chef
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'll go with Raekwon
  • piffhuxtable
    piffhuxtable Members Posts: 169
    edited January 2011
    Options
    AZ is certainly better lyrically and as a songwriter, AZ had it all the commercial appeal, the charisma, the lyrics, everything I don't know why he didn't have the career that was expected.
  • SHAYDEEEE
    SHAYDEEEE Members Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    awww ? its neck and neck so far. only 4 votes but still keep em comin
  • supertitan
    supertitan Members Posts: 140 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'd say AZ based on Catalogue and Flow...but Rae's good too
  • juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • SHAYDEEEE
    edited January 2011
    Options
    AZ raps better but yall think Doe or Die can ? with Only built 4 cuban Linx? i think so i want your opinions though
  • Generic
    Generic Members Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    the chef, doe or die is dope though.
  • SHAYDEEEE
    edited January 2011
    Options
    what poll should i make between two rappers/albums that would go plat besides the played out nas/jay-z,,,, 2pac/ biggie,,, 50 cent/ rick ross/jarule/jadakiss/fatjoe/shyne/t.i.

i was actually curious about this one but what would really get the convos flowin?
  • kj_da_midwest_mobsta
    edited January 2011
    Options
    only 8 people voted damn wake up ic
  • ThatA
    ThatA Members Posts: 566
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I get emotional when I listen to AZ man. The dude has this sound in your voice that gets you into the music and just focuses you on what's coming next. He talks a bit sloppy tho and it takes a few listens to get what he's saying.

Rae is ill, but he ain't AZ ill.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    AZ imo Reakwon was a lil too confusing to me
  • __illmaticz
    __illmaticz Members Posts: 187
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Doe or Die << OB4CL

AZ > Rae.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    wring skills az
    catalogue raekwon
    favorite raekwon
    better raekwon =)

better catalogue really?? he got the best album with cuban linx, but az been a lot more consistent than rae throughout his career, there was a lot of hype around cuban linx 2 and it was pretty good but az dropped legendary and i am legend that same year and they were just as good if not better, and no one even gave a ? about rae when he dropped the lexx diamond story which wasnt that good, and i like immobalarity but the general consensus is that its a sophomore slump, az never really dropped a weak album, he could of came better with some but they were all banging
  • SHAYDEEEE
    edited January 2011
    Options
    only 8 people voted damn wake up ic

thats what im sayin
  • SHAYDEEEE
    edited January 2011
    Options
    better catalogue really?? he got the best album with cuban linx, but az been a lot more consistent than rae throughout his career, there was a lot of hype around cuban linx 2 and it was pretty good but az dropped legendary and i am legend that same year and they were just as good if not better, and no one even gave a ? about rae when he dropped the lexx diamond story which wasnt that good, and i like immobalarity but the general consensus is that its a sophomore slump, az never really dropped a weak album, he could of came better with some but they were all banging

agreed even though i only listened to only built and its sequel from raekwon, but thats only cuz i heard his other ? was wack.

i've heard everything AZ except his last few mixtapes. every cd he did after undeniable was just a mixtape i didnt check for. but doe or die, pieces of a man, AND aziatic are all masterpieces to me

and i think someone has to say it, raekwon can make a classic LP, but rap wise he's one of the weakest in the clan. besides ugod and masta killa
  • kj_da_midwest_mobsta
    edited January 2011
    Options
    SHAYDEEEE wrote: »
    thats what im sayin

sad thing is if u would of made this lil b vs waka this thread would of been 20 pages by now
  • SHAYDEEEE
    edited January 2011
    Options
    sad thing is if u would of made this lil b vs waka this thread would of been 20 pages by now

naw probably just cuz i picked a friday night to make the poll had nothin better to do
  • kj_da_midwest_mobsta
    edited January 2011
    Options
    yea didnt think of that this is the first friday ive stayed home in forever ? cold
  • Offshore Prezi
    Offshore Prezi Members Posts: 9
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i think someone has to say it, raekwon can make a classic LP, but rap wise he's one of the weakest in the clan. besides ugod and masta killa[/QUOTE]

I concur with the above statement. I couldnt vote because of the way the question was worded.. Az is definitely more lyrical and has a better flow with a better solo catalogue. Raekwon's solo catalogue has two classics and a half.. only built for cuban links, part 2 which is his latest and maybe the 1st half of immobilarity like 6 or 7 trks if that much. AZ on the other hand only has classics under his belt everything from" Doe or Die" from 1994 -1995 all the way to "the format" in 2006 was fire! I havent heard doe or die 2 yet i'm searching for it now but im sure its dope.. But the point i'm trying to make is that as a solo artist AZ has a much better catalogue and his lyrics and flow is definitely tighter. Raekwon has 2 classics and is a part of a Legacy who changed hip hop in the 90's

Offshore Prezi™
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    AZ all the way. Raekwon doesn't stand a chance as solo artist. His albums were only good, when he had RZA & Ghost next to him. AZ tends to steal verses from other MC and even though his status is minor these days, his catalogue is much stronger than Rae's.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    They both nice, but AZ takes it.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    SHAYDEEEE wrote: »
    agreed even though i only listened to only built and its sequel from raekwon, but thats only cuz i heard his other ? was wack.

i've heard everything AZ except his last few mixtapes. every cd he did after undeniable was just a mixtape i didnt check for. but doe or die, pieces of a man, AND aziatic are all masterpieces to me

and i think someone has to say it, raekwon can make a classic LP, but rap wise he's one of the weakest in the clan. besides ugod and masta killa

do not sleep, a mixtape to me is when you have a dj, freestyles, and recycled beats, it aint nothing like that, they may be labeled mixtapes but legendary and i am legend are better than undeniable, and we both like undeniable im not hating but it was some of the best production hes got since the format and he still rips it