True or False?

Options
BiblicalAtheist
BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Just answer the question and vote
Please:confused:

"Nothing is enjoyable if you have it all the time."

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ohhhh. It's definitely true ;)
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    wtf is the question?
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Damn BA........you're really falling off. I used to see your posts full of wisdom and solid, legitimate points.

Now your posting is full of incoherent blabbering and tons of edits. What happened to you = (
  • Generic
    Generic Members Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    wtf is the question?

same ? im thinking. oh well FREEPOST
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Damn BA........you're really falling off. I used to see your posts full of wisdom and solid, legitimate points.

Now your posting is full of incoherent blabbering and tons of edits. What happened to you = (

Its from the peeps who cursed me by nominating that I was one of the smartest posters, now I'm forced to show I'm not.

Btw, the question was in the first post :)
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited January 2011
    Options
    For those of you who missed it, highlight under under please. And the question appears, she's ? using witchcraft to hide words mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    LMAO!

BA still has it, she fooled everyone with the white text lol

SMH @ her falling off, you folks are trippin'.

Don't worry, this thread will turn into a 7 page discussion about this lol.

btw I voted true.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Take for instance a man in a desert without water, when he gets his hands on some, he's never enjoyed more in his life!
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    False.

I've had my ? for my entire life, yet using/having it is still enjoyable.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited January 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    False.

I've had my ? for my entire life, yet using/having it is still enjoyable.

True, but if you had to use your ? 18 hrs of the day, I'm thinking either you or your wiener are going to get tired of it.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    True, but if you had to use your ? 18 hrs of the day, I'm thinking either you or your wiener are going to get tired of it.
    Perhaps, but I wouldn't get tired of having it.

I wouldn't think "I no longer need my ? .", or "I am tired of having my ? .".

Plus, I'm in a state of constant sexual arousal, if that counts as "using" it.
  • Chike
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ok I see the question. And I can tell you, I enjoy breathing, hearing and seeing... so false.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    Ok I see the question. And I can tell you, I enjoy breathing, hearing and seeing... so false.

Necessities and other sorts excluded....
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Say there is a meal that's your alllllll time fav and you haven't had it in a long time, as you're eating it you could swear up and down you could eat that one and only meal for the rest of your life and never get sick of it, but if you ate it day in and day out year after year, how enjoyable do you honestly think it would be?

Or not even going to that extreme, a first cup of coffee in the morning can taste pretty ? good, but after having 5-6 or more coffees throughout the day, the enjoyment seems to wear off. I enjoy weed a whole lot more now that I only smoke every now and again, but when I was a chronic, stuff got to be like a ? chore.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    False. Addiction is a muthafucka. Then there's WOW. i heard people died while playing that.

Is it even possible to have anything all the time? Fatigue is bound to set in. That's just the way of things.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited January 2011
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    False. Addiction is a muthafucka. Then there's WOW.

Is it even possible to have anything all the time? Fatigue is bound to set in. That's just the way of things.

Are you going technical on me? Of course not ALL the time, but on a fairly frequent/regular basis. I don't really understand your addiction comment
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ah ok I caught the question.....smh at the white text.......

I voted false because I'm a sex addict. No matter how often I have it, I still want more. I'm also a video game and basketball addict, I can always play or watch it. I wouldn't want to do these things 24/7, but the thought of these things still gives me pleasure, so yah.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ah ok I caught the question.....smh at the white text.......

I voted false because I'm a sex addict. No matter how often I have it, I still want more. I'm also a video game and basketball addict, I can always play or watch it. I wouldn't want to do these things 24/7, but the thought of these things still gives me pleasure, so yah.

You don't think you could have so much of those things that the enjoyment level of them would decrease at some point? Have you ever experienced anything that you did so much and got tired/bored of?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It's half and half. Some things I could do forever and not get tired of. (Eat Pizza, Tacos, and Stromboli's. Watching Sports, Running, Learning)

Other things get boring or whatever after so long. (The same old sex with my wife, playing basketball, 360, snow, etc...)
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Are you going technical on me? Of course not ALL the time, but on a fairly frequent/regular basis. I don't really understand your addiction comment

Technical is the only thing you can get from me. lol. I'm saying Addiction to whatever involves a person over indulging in something yet enjoying it every time even if it destroys them. Addiction doesn't have to involve drugs or sex. There is also the factor of doing the same job for years and never growing tired of doing it. The details are never the same but the purpose is.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    that was me!!!! Lol

I use to smoke so much weed I began to hate it. It was normal. Routine.

I hear ya
    It's half and half. Some things I could do forever and not get tired of. (Eat Pizza, Tacos, and Stromboli's. Watching Sports, Running, Learning)

Other things get boring or whatever after so long. (The same old sex with my wife, playing basketball, 360, snow, etc...)

It doesn't matter how much I say I enjoy something, if I get to 'enjoy' it too often, the enjoyment disappears.
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Technical is the only thing you can get from me. lol. I'm saying Addiction to whatever involves a person over indulging in something yet enjoying it every time even if it destroys them. Addiction doesn't have to involve drugs or sex. There is also the factor of doing the same job for years and never growing tired of doing it. The details are never the same but the purpose is.

I suppose, but I wonder how often they could indulge in their addiction before it to become tiring or they rationalized in their mind it's still enjoyable.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You don't think you could have so much of those things that the enjoyment level of them would decrease at some point? Have you ever experienced anything that you did so much and got tired/bored of?

I've gotten tired of some women and tired of some videogames, but I don't get tired of sex and playing videogames itself. I'm also never tired of sausage burritos and tacos, but I can get tired of watching my favorite TV shows or a movie. Like most, I think some things I get tired of and others I just can never get enough of.

That can be a problem sometimes, but only if I let it.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I suppose, but I wonder how often they could indulge in their addiction before it to become tiring or they rationalized in their mind it's still enjoyable.

It depends on the person and how much their lives are being ruined. For ex. Someone can be addicted to making money or be a extreme collector. Unfortunately, addiction can go with some people to their graves. It also depends on how affordable or even how profitable that addiction becomes. Some one who loves technology to the point where they don't have any interest in anything else can probably become successful.

I guess you can call that an obsession. Some people go crazy over their obsessions (math problem that takes decades to solve if ever). Not saying it's a good thing but these examples show that it may not be a completely enjoyable thing for that person. To some degree, they find pleasure even with all of the pain that's attached. Once they're crazy, they may not no the difference anyway.
  • Chike
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Necessities and other sorts excluded....

Well if that's the case, than yes... in fact anything outside of necessities is ultimately bad for you if you have it all the time. This is why your body builds up a distaste for it over time. If you're having or doing something all the time that's not necessary for you to remain living, your body will reject it.

Example. When you drink water, if you're thirsty you want a lot... but once you're not thirsty anymore, you begin to not want to drink anymore. That's your body saying "alright, enough". If you keep drinking and drinking, forcing yourself to drink, you can damage your body... and that's not good for business.... the business of staying alive. lol

So yes, having something that is not a necessity all the time is more enjoyable when taken in moderation.
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    TheCATthatdidntDIE Members Posts: 918
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ah the almighty cake analogy. cake all day everyday. suddenly an apple looks like desert. or even escargot. any ? thing except cake