edited January 2011 in The Powder Room
name some things that a man does that is too nice for you that it bothers you

Comments

• Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    -Never saying no.
    -Always letting the woman make the decisions, even the small ones like where you're going on a date.
    -Conceding the point to avoid an argument ALL the time. It's ok to do it occasionally but if you feel like you're right about something, then speak up about it.

In general just being a pushover, not having any pride, letting the woman do whatever she wants without sticking up for himself.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i never understood why a nice guy equated being a pushover...

they're 2 different things imo...

nice guy i always thought to be respectable, pleasant, thoughtful,considerate, and affectionate to his woman...... things of that nature... a guy who is nice and treats his woman right...

the things cali listed don't fall into that category... cuz i do and have been doing all the things i listed in my relationships...and none of the stuff she listed...

am i not a nice guy?
  • Iheart~Cali
    edited January 2011
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    i never understood why a nice guy equated being a pushover...

they're 2 different things imo...

nice guy i always thought to be respectable, pleasant, thoughtful,considerate, and affectionate to his woman...... things of that nature... a guy who is nice and treats his woman right...

the things cali listed don't fall into that category... cuz i do and have been doing all the things i listed in my relationships...and none of the stuff she listed...

am i not a nice guy?

The title says TOO nice. There's nothing wrong with being nice. He asked me to list things that are going overboard.

You're saying you NEVER say no? You never stick up for yourself? You let her make ALL the decisions?
    I doubt it.
  • Iheart~Cali
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Men who are too nice are often spineless. That's just my opinion on the matter.
  • Dupac
    edited January 2011
    Options
    eh...u right...
  • Iheart~Cali
    edited January 2011
    Options
    How can it be vague when I just gave several specific examples?
    And to YOU they're opposites. To me they're synonymous more often than not.
    He asked the women so I answered *shrugs*
  • Iheart~Cali
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ok, well that sounds like a personal problem between you and the word "nice".

Bottom line, regardless of how men feel about the matter, women want a man who can achieve a happy medium. Yes we want a "nice", considerate, generous, giving man, but we don't want him to overdo it. No one wants too much of any one thing. Be nice, but also be aggressive and stick up for yourself when the situation calls for it. Be selfish every once in awhile. It's ok.
  • Dupac
    edited January 2011
    Options
    How can it be vague when I just gave several specific examples?
    And to YOU they're opposites. To me they're synonymous more often than not.
    He asked the women so I answered *shrugs*

pretty much...that's why i said ur right...

but to guys it's different..well it should be different... cuz guys think in order to be nice to a woman, they gotta be a pushover...they don't understand how to treat their women nicely without giving them everything they want...

for a woman to associate a pushover with being too nice is fine...
    but for a man to have that association is completely unacceptable.....in fact it's like reason #5678 why relationships are so ? up now a days....? think if they're nice or courteous to their ladies, their being ? or something....

and the end result is a lotta dissatisfied women cuz their ? treat them like ? cuz they scared to look weak...

and a bunch of side ? ? these chicks cuz since they don't hav to claim these chicks and only "being nice" to ? ....the "nice guy" routine does nothing to their pride, infact...it's viewed as "running game"
  • Iheart~Cali
    edited January 2011
    Options
    pretty much...that's why i said ur right...

but to guys it's different..well it should be different... cuz guys think in order to be nice to a woman, they gotta be a pushover...they don't understand how to treat their women nicely without giving them everything they want...

for a woman to associate a pushover with being too nice is fine...
    but for a man to have that association is completely unacceptable.....in fact it's like reason #5678 why relationships are so ? up now a days....? think if they're nice or courteous to their ladies, their being ? or something....

and the end result is a lotta dissatisfied women cuz their ? treat them like ? cuz they scared to look weak...

and a bunch of side ? ? these chicks cuz since they don't hav to claim these chicks and only "being nice" to ? ....the "nice guy" routine does nothing to their pride, infact...it's viewed as "running game"

Exactly my point.
  • ptnutz
    ptnutz Members Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I sum it up like this; I'm always good to my wife, but I'm not always "nice" to my wife. If I feel like she is out of line, I tell her. That don't mean I have to cuss her out or go upside her head, you can be firm, even angry, without resorting to being abusive.
  • Dupac
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Exactly my point.

well blame that on your fellow women... when u calla pushover type ? too nice.....weak ? who don't know no better gonna think the only alternative is to be the exact opposite of nice....

when the last time a ? mistook rudeness for charm with you??
  • Iheart~Cali
    edited January 2011
    Options
    well blame that on your fellow women... when u calla pushover type ? too nice.....weak ? who don't know no better gonna think the only alternative is to be the exact opposite of nice....

when the last time a ? mistook rudeness for charm with you??

How is that the woman's fault? If anything that's something men need to address.

Edit: For me it just seems that ALOT of men haven't the faintest idea of how to be in the middle. They're always going off too far in one direction.
  • Dupac
    edited January 2011
    Options
    How is that the woman's fault? If anything that's something men need to address.

Edit: For me it just seems that ALOT of men haven't the faintest idea of how to be in the middle. They're always going off too far in one direction.

? is the common denominator...

unless a ? is either getting a whole heap either of ? or money, another man ain't listening to ? they say....

and when ? gotta lotta money or ? ... they're far too full of themselves on the subject to talk any sense....thy just say what sounds cool..
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I had a co-worker tell me years ago that you must treat women like the children they are. But then again he's been married twice and was also known to beat his wife.

What ever makes a good leader is what females want in a guy.
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Damn just dont be nice to these hoes ? . It aint that difficult a concept. They gotta earn that ? .
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Word up ? these ? . But Im not arguing if I dont feel like arguing. I don't give a ? what these ? say. Conversation is OVER when I say "I'm done"
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I have never met a man that was too nice

I have told guys who were whiney and couldn't take the hint that I didn't find them attractive "too nice"

that's the only way they seem to back the ? up

but no I don't know what a too nice person is, man or woman
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Damn just dont be nice to these hoes ? . It aint that difficult a concept. They gotta earn that ? .

C/S, it's 2011 and dudes still being "nice" to women?
  • Yummy.Lix
    Yummy.Lix Members Posts: 1,398
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hmmm...I've personally never came across a guy that was
    "too," nice.I love nice guys.In this day in age it is rare to come
    across a guy who is just simply a nice guy. (:
  • Yummy.Lix
    edited January 2011
    Options
    C/S, it's 2011 and dudes still being "nice" to women?

Tsk tsk...being bitter looks so ugly.I would never want
    to hate men the way some of you hate women.
  • Iheart~Cali
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yummy.Lix wrote: »
    Tsk tsk...being bitter looks so ugly.I would never want
    to hate men the way some of you hate women.

I'm convinced that's just their gimmick. No way anyone could survive being that bitter.
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ARGHHHHH I HATE YOU WOMEN

come on....
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I don't particularly believe in a man or woman being "too nice."
    It's other qualities or lack thereof which have contributed to this entire idea that some men are "too nice."
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You say "Spineless"..... I say "too accommodating" Its a balancing act when dealing with a women who has old world values... and even some of the new school ladies who have adapted to modern precepts but still see value in old world gender roles.

What is "nice" to one woman.. isnt always "nice" to the next woman.
    And then some women just use nice as an adjective synonymous with "Your too broke for me" or "your just not my type cause your ugly"

These same dudes with no self esteem internalize those remarks and later come to, what we call, "The Ill Community" to vent about their lack of success, looking for a sense of brotherly love, or cosign camaraderie amongst their peers who, themselves, may have experienced similar scenerios.

in closing... you should never be "toooo accommodating" you have to balance it out depending on what type of woman your dealing with cause It will make you appear too eager, as if you dont have a life of your own.. an opinion.. or any direction.
  • Yummy.Lix
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm convinced that's just their gimmick. No way anyone could survive being that bitter.

Completely agree with this.