First Pic Of The X-Men: First Class Cast

Options
dontdiedontkillanyon
dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
First Pic Of The X-Men: First Class Cast
Magneto and co pose for the camera

Is_This_Our_First_Look_The_Men_First_Class_Cast_1295379521.jpg

UPDATE: Apparently, this is a leak and, according to Joblo.com, the first official official (official) shot will be online soon.

This one has the distinct whiff of a leak about it, but the first look at the X-Men: First Class cast outside of pap snaps has arrived via The Daily Blam, featuring the gang in all their costumed/made-up glory. And you know what? They look rather nifty.

From left to right, then: Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert, January Jones as Emma Frost, Jason Flemyng as ? , (AKA Nightcrawler’s dad, a nasty sort), Nicholas Hoult as Beast, Lucas Till as Havok, Zoe Kravitz as Angel, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique and last, but certainly not least, James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier. With plenty of hair! And standing up!

Fassbender in particular gives off a healthy McKellen vibe as Erik Lensherr, the man who will be Magneto, and McAvoy looks suitably studious (with just a hint of the steely attitude beneath) as Prof X.

Mad Men’s January Jones, meanwhile, certainly wasn’t kidding about the flimsiness of her costume (nicely in keeping with the Emma Frost tradition in the comics). Jennifer Lawrence also looks spot on as the younger Mystique.

As for the uniforms, it’s tough to tell from this pic, but with the movie set in the ‘60s, they’re going for a blend of Bryan Singer’s film with a take on the colourful and classic Jack Kirby costumes.

We’re not sure how long this one will be up, but take a gander for yourself and let us know your thoughts. The film, directed by Matthew Vaughn, will be out on June 2.

James White

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29922

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The other Xmen cast > its just look like people doing a xmen themed photo shoot here..
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    the old one was WAY better
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Well if it's set in the 60's Beast should still be humanlooking just with a shitload of hair. He never turned blue until much later.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? look wack

that ? probably will be in 3-d
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    looks like basura.....
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The x man costumes always looked wack to me anyways... Lets see if this got a good story...
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ehhh... Not interested in this ? at all. I know this is the very beginning and ? but still... If there's no Wolverine, I ain't checkin for it. Can't wait for that new Wolverine movie.
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    that ? probably will be in 3-d

Lol...Probably...You can bet money it will, they put everyfuckingthing in 3D now.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ehhh... Not interested in this ? at all. I know this is the very beginning and ? but still... If there's no Wolverine, I ain't checkin for it. Can't wait for that new Wolverine movie.

That LAST thing we need is "Wolverine 4: ft. the X-Men". He's done enough!

All the X-Men movies are wack tho. This looks and sounds no different.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    That LAST thing we need is "Wolverine 4: ft. the X-Men". He's done enough!

All the X-Men movies are wack tho. This looks and sounds no different.

Bruh watch... This movie is going to fail. No Wolverine = No $$$$$$$$$$$...

And X-Men and X2 were dope movies. The Last Stand was ? wack though.
  • Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    eh...id check for it. it might surprise folks and b real good
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    January Jones half naked in 3d FTW

january-jones-gq-cover.jpg
    January-Jones-In-British-GQ.jpg
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    yow mystique is an old ass ? . i wouldn'tbe surprised if logan was in this that ? old as ? 2, ? older than xavier and magnus.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    looks weak as hell...
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'll wait until I see a trailer to make judgments
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'ma be watching this....but I have low expectations for it.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i'll wait to cast my judgement
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It looks like the old cast will be better and THOSE movies sucked. They'll never make and x-men movie right.
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    so havok is just as old as the rest of the xmen. but he's scotts younger brother who by what I'm reading shouldn't even have been born yet.
    Gimme a break.
    when will they stop destroying this franchise
  • ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    It looks like the old cast will be better and THOSE movies sucked. They'll never make and x-men movie right.

Not as long as FOX has the rights, nope.

I thought the casting for the first round of movies was pretty good overall (minus Halle as Storm). I wish Kerry Washington had been a big name at the time, she woud've been perfect.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    hold up this is a movie? i assumed this was goin to be a TV show after seeing that picture. if that's supposed to be movie quality it's terrible!
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The fact that First Class has got Matthew Vaughn directing it is keeping me interested in how this film turns out. Remember that he almost directed X-Men 3 until Fox decided to ? about with the film and it descended into an absolute mess. He wouldn't have done First Class unless he was happy with it and that it was on terms he could agree with (i.e. Fox not ? about).

Adding that Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy are in it (who I both rate highly) along with Rose Byrne, Jennifer Lawrence and Kevin Bacon and I still think this film will turn out better than what the fanboys are expecting. I'm waiting for the actual film to arrive before I pass judgement anyway instead of going by one badly Photochopped picture
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ‘X-Men:First Class’: Three exclusive photos and a report from the stressed-out set

Vaughn is famous for firebrand candor and droll wit, and despite the hand-wringing right now among some Fox executives, the British filmmaker isn’t turning meek under the pressure. Asked if he’s concerned about the glut of superhero film competition this summer — with “Captain America: The First Avenger,” “Green Lantern” and ”Thor” – Vaughn said that, if anything, it’s the other guys who should be nervous. “With ‘Green Lantern,’ I don’t know about that one, I couldn’t get my head around the trailer, to be honest … look, I will say the following: X-Men as a brand is bigger than Captain America, Thor and the Green Lantern, all put together.”

x-men-first-class-cast.jpg?w=600&h=376

kevin-bacon-and-january-jones-xmen-first-class1.jpg?w=600&h=400

james-mcavoy-and-michael-fassbinder-x-men-first-class.jpg?w=600&h=400

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/01/19/x-menfirst-class-three-exclusive-photos-and-a-report-from-the-stressed-out-set/
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Exclusive: Matthew Vaughn Talks Leaked ‘X-Men: First Class’ Photo, Reveals Magneto and Professor X Images

ZZ329CBE2E-550x366.jpg

Remember that X-Men: First Class cast photo that leaked online yesterday that you hated? Director Matthew Vaughn hated it too. While I was heading out the door to the airport (Sundance Film Festival here I come) I received a phone call from Vaughn who wanted to set the record straight about the photo. And to make up for it he gave us two much more inspiring images of the main characters in his upcoming superhero film.

“I freaked out on them yesterday. I don’t know where the hell that came from. I don’t think it’s a Fox image. It’s not a pre-approved image. When I found out, I said, what the ? is this ? , and Fox is running around trying to figure out what happened as well. I agree. It’s like a bad photoshop, which maybe it was by someone. It didn’t reflect the movie. I was shocked when I saw it. I was like ‘Jesus Christ’…

Vaughn assures fans that he has the best intentions.

“I’m a fan of X-Men. We’re not bastardizing X-Men, I’m trying to get them back to being whole again.

As for the costumes…

The costumes are blue and yellow as well, because ? it, lets take it back it the original. Also, by the way, those costumes are hardly in the movie. The main costumes are like these cool 60’s James Bond…”

You have to remember that this is a prequel story about how the mutants gathered together and formed the X-Men. I’m sure the suits don’t come together until very late in the game. Vaughn provided us with two exclusive images from the film which show James McAvoy as a pre-wheel chair Professor Charles Xavier and a costumed Michael Fassbender as Erik Lehnsherr, complete with Magneto’s trademark helmet.

ZZ3231E640-550x366.jpg

http://www.slashfilm.com/exclusive-matthew-vaughn-reveals-magneto-professor-xmen-class/