Oprah exposes Eurocentric bigotry

Options
soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)

Ignore the video title, as obviously the person who posted it is a Bible thumper. And lol @ the Christian at the end of the video denying that Christianity is a religion.

This hasn't been posted before has it? :unno

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Oprah ethered her and gave her a free car
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I've seen this before, yes. "If you don't believe Jesus is the only way, you're believing in the lie." .... lol That ? just sounded creepy when she said it. And the sheep in the audience clapped.
  • ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ...but I respect how she does stand up to this kind of small/close-mindedness
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Technically, Oprah has a point...but that's what the missionaries are for. She tried to say it indirectly, but it's obvious she doesn't believe in the Messiah or his Word.
  • soul rattler
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Technically, Oprah has a point...but that's what the missionaries are for. She tried to say it indirectly, but it's obvious she doesn't believe in the Messiah or his Word.

She never said she didn't believe in it, directly or indirectly. Why is it so hard to understand that not everyone thinks the way you do? And that not everyone wants to think the way you do? (not you specifically, but Christians in general)
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Buddha was a G.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited January 2011
    Options
    She never said she didn't believe in it, directly or indirectly. Why is it so hard to understand that not everyone thinks the way you do? And that not everyone wants to think the way you do? (not you specifically, but Christians in general)

I guess I should explain it more in depth:

Oprah thinks for the believers of the Messiah it's all good because they follow John 14:6 as the only way to Christ/YHWH( Christ himself said it), but to those in the other countries who never heard of Christ what about them? That's why I said that's what missionaries are for to spread the gospel in those countries who never heard of Christ.

I understood where she was coming from, but knowing her background at one point she actually was a believer of Christ and His Word but it's obvious and she's into something else.
  • soul rattler
    edited January 2011
    Options

Oprah thinks for the believers of the Messiah it's all good because they follow John 14:6 as the only way to Christ/YHWH( Christ himself said it), but to those in the other countries who never heard of Christ what about them? That's why I said that's what missionaries are for to spread the gospel in those countries who never heard of Christ.

I understood where she was coming from, but knowing her background at one point she actually was a believer of Christ and His Word but it's obvious and she's into something else.
    But the point is that when it comes to salvation/enlightenment/whateveryouwannacallit, the journey is a personal one and whose to say that any lunatic that calls themselves a missionary is capable of spreading the word of Christianity in a logical and effective manner? Need I bring up the "Believe what we believe or die" Christians aka crusaders?

I could care less what Oprah believes in, but for all of the sects of Christianity that picks and chooses which part of the bible they like, it's not out of the question that Oprah follows Christianity.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2011
    Options

So what if they die before the missionaries make it to their village? Then what? I'm more in line with worshiping the almighty Zeus though . Zeus was right. If i saw a missionary, i would ask my lord and savior (all hail Zeus) to strike them down with my electric door mat.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited January 2011
    Options
    But the point is that when it comes to salvation/enlightenment/whateveryouwannacallit, the journey is a personal one and whose to say that any lunatic that calls themselves a missionary is capable of spreading the word of Christianity in a logical and effective manner? Need I bring up the "Believe what we believe or die" Christians aka crusaders?

I could care less what Oprah believes in, but for all of the sects of Christianity that picks and chooses which part of the bible they like, it's not out of the question that Oprah follows Christianity.

C'mon..you don't think those missionaries are actually following the blueprint of those power hungry Roman Catholics in the past do you? Nah dude your reaching with that.

There are plenty of missionaries that are capable of spreading the Gospel in an effective manner. If some don't wanna bother with it, they'll just keep it moving.

And as far as Oprah, technically..I'll agree with you...she believes in Christianity...

....and all the other New Age stuff.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited January 2011
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    So what if they die before the missionaries make it to their village? Then what? I'm more in line with worshiping the almighty Zeus though . Zeus was right. If i saw a missionary, i would ask my lord and savior (all hail Zeus) to strike them down with my electric door mat.

Good for you.
  • soul rattler
    edited January 2011
    Options
    C'mon..you don't think those missionaries are actually following the blueprint of those power hungry Roman Catholics in the past do you? Nah dude your reaching with that.

There are plenty of missionaries that are capable of spreading the Gospel in an effective manner. If some don't wanna bother with it, they'll just keep it moving.

And as far as Oprah, technically..I'll agree with you...she believes in Christianity...

Why do you keep saying "technically"? Is that your way of conceding with an asterisk? And what "new age" stuff does she believe in?
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Good for you.

Thanks. Zeus has shown me the way.

Answer my question though. What if they die before the missionaries make it to their village?
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Why do you keep saying "technically"? Is that your way of conceding with an asterisk? And what "new age" stuff does she believe in?

TheSecretLogo.jpg

Plus she was at one point, before her show ended, pushing New Age web classes/courses on her show called "New Earth"...

That's her though. To each it's own.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2011
    Options

The Roman Catholics spread the word more effectively then any other organization. If it wasn't for them, the Christian faith would have been dead in the water.

Edit: I take that back. The protestants of england got them beat.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Thanks. Zeus has shown me the way.

Answer my question though. What if they die before the missionaries make it to their village?

They're spiritually lost. Sorry this disappoints you. It's not that YHWH purposely wants people to suffer and go to hell as you think. It's the concrete mission for believers to spread the gospel effectively. And like I said..if people don't wanna bother with it, it's easy to keep it moving.

But it's obvious you just wanna nitpick and finger point/blame as you been doing. Why don't you finger point/blame other beliefs in the world?

Explain this grievance to Zeus. Maybe he'll fix it for you.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The Roman Catholics spread the word more effectively then any other organization. If it wasn't for them, the Christian faith would have been dead in the water.

Edit: I take that back. The protestants of england got them beat.

Through ? and power hungry means...but that's another discussion/argument.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2011
    Options
    They're spiritually lost. Sorry this disappoints you. It's not that YHWH purposely wants people to suffer and go to hell as you think. It's the concrete mission for believers to spread the gospel effectively. And like I said..if people don't wanna bother with it, it's easy to keep it moving.

But it's obvious you just wanna nitpick and finger point/blame as you been doing. Why don't you finger point/blame other beliefs in the world?

Explain this grievances to Zeus. Maybe he'll fix it for you.

Come on son. Don't get made cuz i'm searching for the truth in your bible. Oprah had a point. People have come to live positive lives without Christianity but you just told me that their soul is ethered regardless if they didn't get a knock on the door from a missionary. That's the selfishness that your bible preaches. It all seems to hinder on your ? having a hard on for mankind i suppose. Zeus stayed tight at us to so, i understand.

You can tell people to keep it moving, but you're not being sincere because in your mind, you just condemned them to eternal suffering and that's a pretty selfish thought towards somebody who sees the world differently (if not literally) from you.

Don't hate on Zeus though. He had dudes like Socrates calling his name. Temple.

Edit: I reread what you wrote. When did i do any finger pointing? Please show me where i succumbed to such a weak talking point. Every culture and ideology is guilty of something.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Through ? and power hungry means...but that's another discussion/argument.

Who hasn't?