introduce a new nagga to Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Options
earth two superman
earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in IllGaming
all this hacking ? with MW2 and (possibly) Black Ops is making me turn away from COD and returning my to KZ2, hoping that Steam on Ps3 brings Left 4 dead with it, and possibly trying out Battlefield Bad Company 2.

I had no idea EA gave you all these free maps just for getting this game. and that Vietnam ? sounds cool too.

is it too late to get into this game?

no hater ? pls, i want an honest opinion from either console or pc owners on this game.

Comments

• One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    havent seeen any hackers on BO, never saw any in mw2 the whole year i played the game...

apart from the random server drops and fps lag now n agian...BO is fine.

if u get bored of multiplayer, jus do wager match , zombies, campaign...tons to do tbh.
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    E2s you have made the right choice in choosing bfbc2. Im sure in time you will see it highly superior to cod. As far as it being to late not really. Most of the ps3 matches or filled. Before going online definitely go to single player mode and get a feel for the game. The heli controls on multiplayer are diffcult at first.

But anything in specific you want to know about the game?
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    There's a lot of camping...A LOT, puts COD to shame in that aspect and these maps are big as ? , so...yeah, lol.

A lot of snipers, and a lot of vehicle warfare. Battling against tanks is annoying and frustrating at first but you'll learn to easily take care of them (considering if you have a good squad).

If you know someone is camping in a building, you can blow that ? up (grenades, grenade launcher, rpg, tank, etc) and that takes care of the camper and their camp spot.

Team work is essential. You might get away with a couple of kills going lone wolf, but it won't last, especially behind enemy lines; you'll get clapped quick, lol (unless you're playing noobs).

Use your classes to your advantage. If your a medic, revive your teammates and throw med packs. Assault classes should provide ammo for team. Engineers should repair vehicles, and snipers can identify enemies through spot assist and motion sensors.
  • Generic
    Generic Members Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It's completely different from cod, in some ways better imo. But funk pretty much said what I was going to say,
    there is alot of camping in this game(mainly chubacca snipers) and playing as a team is a must in this.
    That run and gun ? wont work in bfbc2.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Generic wrote: »
    It's completely different from cod, in some ways better imo

How so?

Because when I hear "destructible environments", I think of that Crysis ? where you can knock down little shacks but any actual building is as indestructible.
  • Generic
    Generic Members Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    How so?

Because when I hear "destructible environments", I think of that Crysis ? where you can knock down little shacks but any actual building is as indestructible.

most of the buildings can be destroyed, but certain ones cannot(normally the big ass buildings). Haven't played it in 3 months,
    so I don't remember every little thing from it. Might go ahead and cop the vietnam expansion though, ? looks ill.
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    How so?

Construction buildings cant be toppled and buldings with steel (more like titanium) frames cant be knocked down...
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    most people camp in battlefield but i like that you get to use the vehicles and stuff

• John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Def like it more the Black Ops. Guns are better levels are better. Snipers get annoying but its not too bad. I would look for a cheap copy on Ebay but its def worth the purchase.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol vehicles are so easy and fun to take out, I usually sneak behind tanks and just throw 2 C4 charges on them

And if you got a good squad you can come up with some creative ways to do the objective.

Sometimes I pilot the chopper around the enemy base and just let my squadmates parachute down on top the M-Com lol

Another one is someone in your squad gets the UAV and you can throw a bunch of C4 on it, then they fly it towards enemies and you can detonate the C4 when they get close lol
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I personally dont experience that much camping, snipers usually suck in this game

Defenders are supposed to camp seeing how they are a such a disadvantage, the attackers can destroy buildings from a mile away just by calling mortar strikes over and over
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The triple cripples lost.
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Vietnam is dope too alot more close quarters then vanilla BC2
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i like that you can choose your respawn spot, but it sucks if all your teammates died before you respawned lol

i might play this tonight, haven't been on in a long time
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I think the reason people think there are campers is because they try to play it like its COD,

if you try to run around all crazy in this game you gonna get spotted and then picked off by somebody
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I think the reason people think there are campers is because they try to play it like its COD,

if you try to run around all crazy in this game you gonna get spotted and then picked off by somebody

No, I think there are campers because there ARE campers, lol and I don't play this like COD either. They are easy to take out tho, I'm just saying. I'm getting on this ? now anyway, lol.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    jus DL'd Vietnam today ill play it soon
  • earth two superman
    edited January 2011
    Options
    blazini wrote: »
    Def like it more the Black Ops. Guns are better levels are better. Snipers get annoying but its not too bad. I would look for a cheap copy on Ebay but its def worth the purchase.

i would but i heard if you buy it used, you cant dl all the extra maps (since those codes would have been taken by the previous user)

its only 40 in toys r us, and I have a $10 coupon (plus a free voucher to get Vietnam)
  • DaFifthElement
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol vehicles are so easy and fun to take out, I usually sneak behind tanks and just throw 2 C4 charges on them

And if you got a good squad you can come up with some creative ways to do the objective.

Sometimes I pilot the chopper around the enemy base and just let my squadmates parachute down on top the M-Com lol

Another one is someone in your squad gets the UAV and you can throw a bunch of C4 on it, then they fly it towards enemies and you can detonate the C4 when they get close lol

me and my boys originated all of that on the PS3
    I personally dont experience that much camping, snipers usually suck in this game

Defenders are supposed to camp seeing how they are a such a disadvantage, the attackers can destroy buildings from a mile away just by calling mortar strikes over and over

Half truth. Good snipers camp way in the back of the base and play ? . On ? u can snipe someone in the leg and they're dead. It's awesome. If ur a good sniper u should be getting marksman headshot bonuses raning from 200-500 points. Second part is very true.
    junegemini wrote: »
    i like that you can choose your respawn spot, but it sucks if all your teammates died before you respawned lol

i might play this tonight, haven't been on in a long time

There are alot of Ladies playing BF.

I made these mistakes on the first bad company.
    i would but i heard if you buy it used, you cant dl all the extra maps (since those codes would have been taken by the previous user)

its only 40 in toys r us, and I have a $10 coupon (plus a free voucher to get Vietnam)

Go ahead bro, its worth it. Just don't be surprised when u start neglecting COD and that ? starts collecting dust...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DaFifthElement
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    It was a great ? game that i regret getting rid of.
    Realistic Bullet Drop?
    Only thing i disliked is the fact that they cheaped out and used the xm8 for each class. was not happy about that as we refused their contract after too many flaws with the weapon.
    But i'm gonna wait for the third one.

Cheaped out? Explain.
  • earth two superman
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ill be copping at the end of the month it looks like. it just seems that theres so much to do in this game, and EA is supporting the ? out of it. 7 free map packs in a little over a year?
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

I bought my codes off ebay too. but if you get Vietnam that ? it grab it thats a deal.
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2011
    Options
    me and my boys originated all of that on the PS3

lol man I swear I been that for a LONG time, me and my crew been doing the suicide vehicle thing since BF 1943
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Cheaped out? Explain.

yea it wouldnt make sense to be able to change the XM8 type on the fly in 1 class.

It had to be in separate classes for it to be balanced