A Leopard Never Changes Its Spots

Options
BiblicalAtheist
BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Which is it?
....If you haven't changed a day in your life, you have never lived a day of life.

Comments

• Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    "If you are the same person at 50 as you were at 20, you've wasted 30 years of your life." - Mohammad Ali

On that note, an actual leopard doesn't change it's spots. lol
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    "If you are the same person at 50 as you were at 20, you've wasted 30 years of your life." - Mohammad Ali
    On that note, an actual leopard doesn't change it's spots. lol

It's messed up though, cuz for some reason I feel like I've always been the same yet I'm not the same person I was yesterday.
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I dont want my ex leopards changing their spots because it feels as if they are acting brand new on a brotha. if u gotta say it, and tell me, well, u aint grew or matured so, lets do what we use to do and keep it moving because i really dont care to hear about it. not a dog but it is what it is. and hell, u should not be talking to me anymore anyways if u aint even the same person no more. u know how i get down. why waste each other's time if we aint about to do the do? spare me with the ? . please.

Guy, dude, thanks for the thread. i understand the saying but im just sayin.

and i know youre not a (insert here) but i gotta say it because you love correcting us with it.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sovo_Nah wrote: »
    I dont want my ex leopards changing their spots because it feels as if they are acting brand new on a brotha. if u gotta say it, and tell me, well, u aint grew or matured so, lets do what we use to do and keep it moving because i really dont care to hear about it. not a dog but it is what it is. and hell, u should not be talking to me anymore anyways if u aint even the same person no more. u know how i get down. why waste each other's time if we aint about to do the do? spare me with the ? . please.

Guy, dude, thanks for the thread. i understand the saying but im just sayin.

and i know youre not a (insert here) but i gotta say it because you love correcting us with it.
    I understand what you're saying, except for the last line.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It's messed up though, cuz for some reason I feel like I've always been the same yet I'm not the same person I was yesterday.

Maybe your nature hasn't changed, but your nature has changed you.
  • Koko888
    Koko888 Members Posts: 298
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I think certain core elements of your personality should be fixed and other, more fluid areas should be subject to change, depending on knowledge and experience gained.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I think that your activities may change but it takes something life altering to change your personality. If your a naturally pessimistic person it may take you loosing someone you truly loved to learn how to be less so or you may actually go deeper into your personality solidifying your original stance.

There is also the factor that people appear to change because you may become more comfortable with who you are and others may not appreciate that because you never showed that side of you to the world.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    Maybe your nature hasn't changed, but your nature has changed you.

Wouldn't my nature and ME be the same? I am confused by what you wrote.
    Koko888 wrote: »
    I think certain core elements of your personality should be fixed and other, more fluid areas should be subject to change, depending on knowledge and experience gained.

Like our "self" doesn't change just our behavior?
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    I think that your activities may change but it takes something life altering to change your personality. If your a naturally pessimistic person it may take you loosing someone you truly loved to learn how to be less so or you may actually go deeper into your personality solidifying your original stance.

There is also the factor that people appear to change because you may become more comfortable with who you are and others may not appreciate that because you never showed that side of you to the world.

That seems to happen a lot, even on here. People think you've changed when you do something you just never bothered to do on here.
  • Koko888
    Koko888 Members Posts: 298
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Like our "self" doesn't change just our behavior?

Basically....your sense of self should remain stable but not behaviour as people learn new things as they get older.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Leopards' spots do change.

Being literal.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited January 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Leopards' spots do change.

Being literal.

Throughout their lifetime change them or when going from kitten to adult?
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Throughout their lifetime change them or when going from kitten to adult?
    I'd say "both", since I don't know if the morphing stops at some point.