One scene that always bothered me about The Dark Knight

Options
American.Loo
American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
after The Joker went out looking for Harvey Dent and that ? went into hiding like a ? , there's a scene where Harvey calls his girlfriend from an undiclosed location and tells her she needs to hide too lol

anyway the part that bothered me was his fiance says "I'm gonna go hide at BRUCE WAYNES MANSION -- its the safest place in the city"

as a man: he should have concur from that statement one of three things

A. Bruce Wayne is Batman

B. Bruce Wayne is smashing your gal

C. Batman lives with Bruce Wayne and they running a train on your gal

Comments

• glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    But he also knew that her and Bruce Wayne were Childhood friends. (I think)

And Bruce Wayne is the richest person in the city, who should supposedly have a lot of protection.
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    glowy wrote: »
    But he also knew that her and Bruce Wayne were Childhood friends. (I think)

And Bruce Wayne is the richest person in the city, who should supposedly have a lot of protection.

He knew of their friendship.
  • MICHAEL-V.I.
    MICHAEL-V.I. Members Posts: 1,898 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

after the joker went out looking for harvey dent and that ? went into hiding like a ? , there's a scene where harvey calls his girlfriend from an undiclosed location and tells her she needs to hide too lol

anyway the part that bothered me was his fiance says "i'm gonna go hide at bruce waynes mansion -- its the safest place in the city"

as a man: He should have concur from that statement one of three things

a. Bruce wayne is batman

b. Bruce wayne is smashing your gal

c. Batman lives with bruce wayne and they running a train on your gal

dark knight feeling

die or become a hero?

Live long enough to see yourself become a villain
  • American.Loo
    edited January 2011
    Options
    did he know that Bruce used to hit that?
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What always bothered me was two successful powerful men are stressin over that average lookin chick? She would have made a great helper, or secretary, but a love interest???

Batman 3 wasnt the best but Nicole Kidman kinda made you forget val Kilmer was Batman. lol
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    What always bothered me was two successful powerful men are stressin over that average lookin chick? She would have made a great helper, or secretary, but a love interest???

Batman 3 wasnt the best but Nicole Kidman kinda made you forget val Kilmer was Batman. lol

gotta cosign this... Maggie Gillenhaul(sp?) is the WOAT love interest
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yeah that hoe looks like a middle age ? addict
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    deeroc22 wrote: »
    gotta cosign this... Maggie Gillenhaul(sp?) is the WOAT love interest

She replaced Katy Holmes from Batman Begins who IMO is much more attractive then Maggie....
  • American.Loo
    edited January 2011
    Options

very true. maggie g is not someone to be burning half your face in acid for.
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    after The Joker went out looking for Harvey Dent and that ? went into hiding like a ? , there's a scene where Harvey calls his girlfriend from an undiclosed location and tells her she needs to hide too lol

anyway the part that bothered me was his fiance says "I'm gonna go hide at BRUCE WAYNES MANSION -- its the safest place in the city"

as a man: he should have concur from that statement one of three things

A. Bruce Wayne is Batman

B. Bruce Wayne is smashing your gal

C. Batman lives with Bruce Wayne and they running a train on your gal

LMAO....but I def cosign.
  • MadTiger
    MadTiger Members Posts: 7
    edited January 2011
    Options
    That is some insecure ? right there.

You would think that the wealthiest guy in the whole area had the most tight security system, and they have known each other since forever. Plus, Bruce Wayne's cover is that he messes around with ? models, party girls, etc.. She wouldn't even be on his radar like that.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

Maggie Gyllenhaal was definitely looking rough in that film
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    harvey was prolly thinking

''word? the safest place is a pent house that the joker already been to n threw you out of a window n you want to go back there''
  • deeroc22
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Max-b wrote: »
    harvey was prolly thinking

''word? the safest place is a pent house that the joker already been to n threw you out of a window n you want to go back there''

that was at the fundraiser Bruce through for Harvey right? i dont think that took place at Bruce's place... I think his mansion was still being remodeled after the fire in Batman Begins. Thus why Bruce and Alfred were in that big ass room with all the lights.
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited January 2011
    Options
    wtf happens after batman jumps after rachel?

the joker is still there with ALL those people? they never go back to finish that scene, does he just leave them?

he didn't even take them hostage...i hated how they never explained what joker did afterwards...
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sym_ wrote: »
    wtf happens after batman jumps after rachel?

the joker is still there with ALL those people? they never go back to finish that scene, does he just leave them?

he didn't even take them hostage...i hated how they never explained what joker did afterwards...

The Joker was just there to looking for Harvey Dent and that's why Batman had to knock him out and hide him in his place. I am sure Joker ain't going waste his time to murder all those people.....he just want Dent.
  • deeroc22
    edited January 2011
    Options
    darkrain wrote: »
    The Joker was just there to looking for Harvey Dent and that's why Batman had to knock him out and hide him in his place. I am sure Joker ain't going waste his time to murder all those people.....he just want Dent.

basically......
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    as he told Batman later on.. he thought at that moment Dent was Batman and so stopped looking for Dent and left thinking he jumped out the window after Rachel
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol @ option C,.....also no love for Maggie Gyllenhal ?
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Gotta cosign all of this. Maggie was so average of a white chick that two Black dudes should've been cast as Batman and Harvey Dent...

Tell me I'm wrong.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    one thing that bothered me about TDK was the "Then Youre gonna love me..." line. not that it was bad. it was great and very Batman. Bale just said it so rushed it lost all its impact. he said it much slower in the trailer. in the movie it just sounded like "EHHUONNALUHMI."