May 21, 2011 vs the world

Options
Jabu_Rule
Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
So i hear that this day is gonna be the end times or at least judgment day according to some bible math. But then there is the competing 2012 theories.

So who is right?

A summary.
It was in the year 4990 BC that ? revealed to Noah that there would be yet 7 days until the flood of waters would be upon the earth. Now, if we substitute 1000 years for each one of those 7 days, we get 7000 years. And when we project 7000 years into the future from 4990 BC, we find that it falls on the year 2011 AD.

4990 + 2011 = 7001

Note: When counting from an Old Testament date to a New Testament date, always subtract one year because there is no year zero, resulting in:

4990 + 2011 – 1 = 7000 years exactly.

The year 2011 AD will be the 7000th year from the flood of Noah’s day. It will be the end of the length of time given to mankind to find grace in ? ’s sight. This means that the time to find refuge in Christ has grown extremely short. We are only a little ways off from the year 2011 AD!

Here's some further reading on the subject. Partake.

http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/

http://www.2012predictions.net/religion1.htm

Comments

• daboyskill
    daboyskill Members Posts: 165
    edited January 2011
    Options
    its very very interesting, but i try not to get caught up in the hype....

im livin my life if it happens it happens
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2011
    Options
    daboyskill wrote: »
    its very very interesting, but i try not to get caught up in the hype....

im livin my life if it happens it happens

Me too, but i saw this date (05/21/11) on a pamphlet that a kid was carrying and i was interested in what people thought of these arbitrary dates. I guess I'm fishing in dead waters though.

I guess i really want to know, do any religious people believe in any of these dates? Is there any merit to the 2012 predictions in terms of the Mayan calendar?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    ...according to some bible math.
    what could this possibly mean
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It was in the year 4990 BC that ? revealed to Noah that there would be yet 7 days until the flood of waters would be upon the earth. Now, if we substitute 1000 years for each one of those 7 days, we get 7000 years.
    This is where they lost me.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    This is where they lost me.

Somewhere in the bible(psalms I think) one human day is equal to 1000 ? years or something.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Somewhere in the bible(psalms I think) one human day is equal to 1000 ? years or something.
    If that's how they support their theory, it's some pretty fuzzy reasoning being used.

Assuming their "one day=1000 years" is applicable to when "? " is speaking to humans in the Christian bible, that would mean it will take "? " 40,000 years to ? humans:
    "Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made." - Genesis 7:4

Why would it take "? " 40,000 years to flood the Earth and ? humans, when he created it in 7 days?

And what would happen to "? 's" covenant with humans, in which he said he would no longer flood the Earth to destroy all life from Genesis 9?

The "1 day is 1000 years" belief comes from 2 Peter 3:8:
    "But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day." -2 Peter 3:8

Their mistake seems to be assuming that "? " would talk to humans in the language of humans while using his own time-scale. Why would "? "--who knows to humans a day is 24 hours--use the same terminology to refer to 1000 years when making plans with them?

It likely just means "? " is not affected by the passage of time like humans are. Using the same verse one could also argue that there are also 1000 "? years" in one human day.
  • Helen H.
    Helen H. Members Posts: 173
    edited January 2011
    Options
    No one knows when judgement day will happen.

But then again, May 21, 2011 is too soon for my liking. That's three days before my birthday.
  • John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited January 2011
    Options
    So i hear that this day is gonna be the end times or at least judgment day according to some bible math. But then there is the competing 2012 theories. So who is right? A summary.
    Here's some further reading on the subject. Partake.

http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/

http://www.2012predictions.net/religion1.htm

Just for the record, the final supreme "beast" must rule for 42 months [Revelation 13].
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Just for the record, the final supreme "beast" must rule for 42 months [Revelation 13].

I recall you telling me that no one knew when this day would come john. Weren't you hedging your bets on JFK? I guess we'll see your ? theories go down in flames sooner then anticipated.
  • John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I recall you telling me that no one knew when this day would come john. Weren't you hedging your bets on JFK?

I guess we'll see your ? theories go down in flames sooner then anticipated.

I certainly don't know the exact day the final supreme "beast" will reappear and commence his 42 month reign.

However, I am stipulating the famous H.KISSINGER will be JFK's head cheerleader [2nd "beast" of Rev 13].

H.KISSINGER is an old man.
    IF HK dies THEN I'll be proved at least half wrong and such as you can laugh long and loud.

But I suggest you hold off until you read the HK obit.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Im the BEAST and the ANTI CHRIST!
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I certainly don't know the exact day the final supreme "beast" will reappear and commence his 42 month reign.

However, I am stipulating the famous H.KISSINGER will be JFK's head cheerleader [2nd "beast" of Rev 13].

H.KISSINGER is an old man.
    IF HK dies THEN I'll be proved at least half wrong and such as you can laugh long and loud.

But I suggest you hold off until you read the HK obit.

lol...
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    don't forget to add "because he is a damned Jew" like you generally do