'Unfinished' Black Ops Reported For Government Investigation

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in IllGaming
An independent gaming pressure group has told IncGamers it is to report Activision to the Office of Fair Trading after the publisher failed to respond to an open letter regarding the buggy ‘unfinished’ versions of Black Ops on PC and PS3.

Gamers’ Voice, which was founded in 2009 by MP Tom Watson, was set up to represent gamers in the UK by making their voice heard to government and mainstream media.

The organisation issued an open letter to Activision on December 22, revealing that they have been ‘inundated with complaints from people who have bought copies of Call of Duty: Black Ops. They all concern the PlayStation 3 console and PC versions of the game.’

The letter asked Activision what they are going to do to ‘recompense’ buyers, giving the publisher one calendar month to respond. Activision, however, failed to do so.

Chris O’Regan, Head of Industry Relations at Gamers’ Voice, told IncGamers: “As a result of their inaction we will test the might of government agencies against Activision. We can only hope this brings about some litigious action. These agencies do exist to protect our rights as consumers, let us see if they can fullfill their remit on this pressing issue.

“GV wish to set an example with Activision to ensure games are not released in an unfinished state. If litigation is initiated, then a precedent would be set. In other words, publishers will have to reconsider releasing unfinished code in the future, in the UK at least.”

O’Regan said it could take ‘months’ for a formal government investigation, stating: “For the government agencies, months if they do start a formal investigation. For Activision, they may re-act a might quicker, although it will likely be a rebuttal and nothing more.”

The news comes after IncGamers was told by Trading Standards that buyers should get a refund for bug-ridden versions of the game.

http://pc.incgamers.com/News/26678/unfinished-black-ops-reported-for-government-investigation

Comments

• kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    damn... ill give its till about '13... and COD and MOH will switch places. lol
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Is it that bad on the PS3?
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    -Karl- wrote: »
    Is it that bad on the PS3?

i dont really know what the fuss is about...i still see 700,000k playing this ? everyday...

bbut from what ive noticed...

sumtimes u cant join partys/accept invites

sumtimes u can join a server with a party, and a player form the party wont show up in the lobby

u get dropped form server every now and again, never happenbs late night or early morning, only during the day...happened in MW2 tho aswell.

game freezes on map loading screen, sometimes to the point were u gotta reset ps3...

those are the main ones ive noticed, but the game is far from unplayable...
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I borrowed it for a week.. and yah the ? froze.. the hit detection was ? terrible.. even more so than the previous edition, idk how it looks graphically on 360.. but it looks garbage.. maybe its a treyarch thing. because MW2 looked good.. this game is trash anyway.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Honestly my ? dont even lag, yea it happens sometimes but those the games where everybody lose connection to the server
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I didn't have any problems with it on the Xbox.

Fallout: New Vegas..... now there's a game to make some heads roll for.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    I didn't have any problems with it on the Xbox.

Fallout: New Vegas..... now there's a game to make some heads roll for.

okayyyyy.......

:D

joshuaboy wrote: »
    An independent gaming pressure group has told IncGamers it is to report Activision to the Office of Fair Trading after the publisher failed to respond to an open letter regarding the buggy ‘unfinished’ versions of Black Ops on PC and PS3.

Gamers’ Voice, which was founded in 2009 by MP Tom Watson, was set up to represent gamers in the UK by making their voice heard to government and mainstream media.

The organisation issued an open letter to Activision on December 22, revealing that they have been ‘inundated with complaints from people who have bought copies of Call of Duty: Black Ops. They all concern the PlayStation 3 console and PC versions of the game.’

http://pc.incgamers.com/News/26678/unfinished-black-ops-reported-for-government-investigation

Is Fallout: NV really that bad? I've heard mixed reviews on it.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    okayyyyy.......

:D

Is Fallout: NV really that bad? I've heard mixed reviews on it.

as far as buggy.. HELL YEa.. i love the ? .. i played it out real fast tho.. they need to drop some dlc like pronto... but if you dont install that ? to your hdd on the 360.. they load times/ bugs are unbearable dawg.. real talk...
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    as far as buggy.. HELL YEa.. i love the ? .. i played it out real fast tho.. they need to drop some dlc like pronto... but if you dont install that ? to your hdd on the 360.. they load times/ bugs are unbearable dawg.. real talk...

pretty sure they just released dlc for new vegas, but only on the 360.