Ono wants to pitch Nintendo X Capcom fighting game

Options
Bcotton5
Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in IllGaming
0120_nintendocapcom.jpg

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jan/20/ono-wants-pitch-nintendo-x-capcom-fighter/

This would be pretty much a no-brainer for Capcom, as doing a cross over fighting game with Nintendo would likely be a gigantic success for them, but there's a short story up on Cubed3.com stating:

Capcom's Yoshinori Ono has confirmed interest in a Nintendo X Capcom fighter. At the Nintendo 3DS conference in Amsterdam yesterday, Cubed3 attended Ono-san's roundtable session and managed to ask the key question, "Considering you are trying to make Street Fighter IV 3DS accessible to a wider audience, did you ever think about including Nintendo characters to broaden the appeal?"

Rather than brushing the question off completely, instead Ono-san reacted very positively, saying he would like to make a Nintendo X Capcom fighting game and that the idea should be pitched to Nintendo of Japan and Masahiro Sakurai.

Assuming this title was green-lit, there's a strong chance it would follow past cross over games with both Nintendo and Capcom making their own game with each others' characters.

Comments

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    They would have to use the Smash Bros engine. Nintendo characters would not translate well to a Capcom fighter.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Nah, but I can go for a revamp of Streets of Rage though
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    They would have to use the Smash Bros engine. Nintendo characters would not translate well to a Capcom fighter.

I could see Nintendo characters translating well in the 2-D sprite style, why not?
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    I could see Nintendo characters translating well in the 2-D sprite style, why not?

I don't think they would be made that way. Capcom doesn't make 2D sprite fighters anymore.

I'm just saying...whats easier to picture? Mario and Yoshi in Street Fighter IV or Marvel vs Capcom?.... Or Ryu and Chun-Li in Smash Bros?
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    don't like this idea.......
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »
    don't like this idea.......

co-sign, ? is this dude on?
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    co-sign, ? is this dude on?

lol idk..........
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    I don't think they would be made that way. Capcom doesn't make 2D sprite fighters anymore.

I'm just saying...whats easier to picture? Mario and Yoshi in Street Fighter IV or Marvel vs Capcom?.... Or Ryu and Chun-Li in Smash Bros?

I see ur point, but I can pretty easily picture characters like Link, Ganondorf, Samus, Shiek, Star Fox, etc. in 2-D sprites...that would be the ill way to go, but realistically, they probably would just go for some Smash bros. ?