Modern Warfare 3 Coming This November

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in IllGaming
A third game in the Modern Warfare series is coming this year, according to a new report from the Los Angeles Times.

Citing unnamed sources, the LA Times says Activision has recruited Sledgehammer Games, the studio currently working on another unannounced Call of Duty title, and Raven Software (Singularity) to help finish development of Modern Warfare 3 for release this November.

The report states both Sledgehammer and Infinity Ward are equally completing the single-player portion of the game, while Raven is working on its online multiplayer features.

Due to the developer collaboration, sources said the Call of Duty spin-off project in development at Sledgehammer, rumored to be set in the future, has now been put on hold.

Since Infinity Ward executives Jason West and Vince Zampella were fired from the studio in March, more than 35 employees have left the studio. Activision said recently it has received over 5,000 applicants to fill the vacancies.

The publisher has not publicly announced what Call of Duty title would be released this year, but did confirm a new game would be arriving in the back half of 2011.

When asked about the report, an Activision representative told IGN, "There's been much speculation recently. We look forward to releasing details for the next Call of Duty in the near future."

http://pc.ign.com/articles/114/1145244p1.html

Comments

• DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    First post...........
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    not checking for this, damn IW didnt own the "MW" title?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    hopefully by then PS3's steam will have L4D and I will have no need for Call of Duty
  • DaFifthElement
    edited January 2011
    Options
    hopefully by then PS3's steam will have L4D and I will have no need for Call of Duty

how does ps3 steam work?
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2011
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    They will milk cod til the end

they already ? up Guitar Hero, the last one sold like ?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    how does ps3 steam work?

no idea lol

but im guessing its gonna be a free program you get from PSN that will have games to download for a price. It might let you play against or with PC users, and save any games to their service. Valve makes L4D and a bunch of other nifty games so it would make sense they would want to bring them to PS3. Steam makes them a LOT of money from PC/Mac users.
  • joshuaboy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    First post...........

You think this is IGN???

:D
  • DaFifthElement
    edited January 2011
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    You think this is IGN???

:D

Sorry. :( I really had nothing to say...I already knew this was going to happen. Until the day I can drive a Tank online on COD, you won't see me on there.
  • joshuaboy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sorry. :( I really had nothing to say...I already knew this was going to happen. Until the day I can drive a Tank online on COD, you won't see me on there.

I'm so glad I never got Black Ops.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I wonder if its gonna have a fee to play online
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2011
    Options

lol you can do that in World at War, its not as good as Battlefield though
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    obviously..

and not coppin.

Uncharted.. and Resistance 3 is coming.. ? i might have to miss Madden/2k
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    I'm so glad I never got Wack Ops.

Fixed.........
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    no idea lol

but im guessing its gonna be a free program you get from PSN that will have games to download for a price. It might let you play against or with PC users, and save any games to their service. Valve makes L4D and a bunch of other nifty games so it would make sense they would want to bring them to PS3. Steam makes them a LOT of money from PC/Mac users.

That ? sounds like it might be worth giving it a try. Def gonna look into what's what with that.
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Crysis 2, deus Ex , Rage, Bulletstorm and BFBC3.... And the other FPS will take precedence...

lmao...

you're delusional.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I wonder if its gonna have a fee to play online

I'm guessing you're referring to statements they made last year?

It's late so I won't dig for the article, but it's out there. But those profiting off of Activison publicly made interest in charging for online play, on top of the money one pays for a subscription (if you have xbox). Activison big wheel even mentioned charging people for it, "Tomorrow if we could."

I've always wondered what is stopping them. Perhaps Microsoft?

And I have low expectations for this third MW 3 to boot. I'd rather a near future setting. Like a "Ghost In The Shell" or "Metal Gear" setting. But anyway.... yep, I doubt it will be up to par with MW 1 or 2.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The "Modern" games are at the same point the World War II COD games were at a few years ago. This next COD cannot be another "Modern Warfare" game. It has to be in space, or the future or something or I'm just not interested.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    The "Modern" games are at the same point the World War II COD games were at a few years ago. This next COD cannot be another "Modern Warfare" game. It has to be in space, or the future or something or I'm just not interested.

It's more like a sequel than a "modern" game. They never even finished the story to the first game; Well they did, but they continued it with MW2, and never finished that one.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • DaFifthElement
    edited January 2011
    Options
    no... Delusional would be me saying COD is the Alpha and the Omega of FPS... but then i'd probably sound like you now wouldn't i?

Instead, I'd rather not keep buying the same game year after year, sorry friend but i'm not that big on helping out needless franchise iterations...

Plus I think Brink is gonna be this years Borderlands....

oooh..u gonna b on that?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I still don't understand how ? are sleepin on Brink this year.
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    no... Delusional would be me saying COD is the Alpha and the Omega of FPS... but then i'd probably sound like you now wouldn't i?

Instead, I'd rather not keep buying the same game year after year, sorry friend but i'm not that big on helping out needless franchise iterations...

Plus I think Brink is gonna be this years Borderlands....

well i was talking about the general public, not which game wud take precedence in your own game room...but generally.

it makes no sense to buy the same game every year if u aint feelin it, but 20-30 million other people sure will.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    well i was talking about the general public, not which game wud take precedence in your own game room...but generally.

it makes no sense to buy the same game every year if u aint feelin it, but 20-30 million other people sure will.

that many people will buy the new justin bieber and lady gaga albums also...doesnt mean that ? is any good