Would U Be A Benevolent King/Queen?

Options
DarcSkies
DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in The Social Lounge
So Swiff's thread about President Hu's press conference about human rights got me thinking.

"Would I be a benevolent leader? Or would I be a brutal dictator? In between maybe? You reward your supporters and murder your detractors?"

I asked cuz of the question the reporter asked and how the reporter asked it:
"Can you explain to the American people how the United States can be so allied with a country that is known for treating its people so poorly, for using censorship and force to repress its people?" he asked Obama. And to Hu: "I'd like to give you a chance to respond to this issue of human rights. How do you justify China's record, and do you think that's any of the business of the American people?"

Bolded #1
: OK stop the tape.

? WHO THE ? U TALKING TO!? i'M THE PRESIDENT OF THE NEXT ? SUPER POWER ? ASS ? ! I DONT GOTTA EXPLAIN MYSELF TO NO GOTDAMN BODY...

Bolded #2: This ? right here...

GIVE ME THE CHANCE? Dont patronize me ? . U aint trying to
"give me a chance" to do a damn thing. Dont word that question like you trying to help me out. Like I even need help. U just trying to show a ? up on national TV and pat yourself on the back.

Dont u fat ass Americans owe me like $250 each? Where is my gotdamn money clown? Yeah...I can ask questions too.

I immediately of how I would have answered and responded to that question. And the first thought that came to my mind (not necessarily the BEST, wisest, most intelligent though...just the first) was to say, "JUST FOR BEING A ? . I'LL BE KILLING 50 OF MY POLITICAL ENEMIES ON NATIONAL TV JUST BECAUSE YOU WANNA BE AN ? ....

I'd give them shirts that said, "Thanks a lot Stupid American" and make that ? live with the fact that his smart ass question got 50 innocent people killed on national TV. I'd make sure they looked white too. Give them eye surgery first so he'd care.

Anyway....it made me wonder. WHo would be there to stop me from executing my FIRST thought? Because with absolute power. U dont always have to think things through. U can just do WTF u want and generally get away with it (for that moment at least).

WOULD U BE A BENEVOLENT LEADER? OR WOULD POWER CORRUPT U?

Comments

• DarcSkies
    edited January 2011
    Options
    this thread isnt about being a GOOD King/Queen. Just a nice one. Somebody who is tolerant and doesnt ? people for fun and force a female to be his wife even though she doesnt want to (not that a ? would ever turn down a powerful man...but u get what Im saying).
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You're operating under the assumption that monarchs actually have absolute power.

Aside from the incessant threats of your own relatives, counsel, wary allies, probably false friends, courtiers, and the priests of the religion that convinces the people that your bloodline actually deserves special treatment as per the order of ? ...

...you have to survive the inevitable class consciousness of the working people.

And you can scoff at that, but I remind you of these guys, who destroyed emperors and their empires and kept the Right Wing shook until even today:

fiveteachers.jpg
  • DarcSkies
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You're operating under the assumption that monarchs actually have absolute power.
    Yes, I am.

THis is a hypothetical situation.
  • wang_lung_wei
    wang_lung_wei Members Posts: 76
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • DarcSkies
    edited January 2011
    Options
    *thread flop post*
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Probably Nucky Thompson-ish. I'd be brutal and ruthless to anyone who got in my way, but for the common people just mindin their business I'd try to be helpful and generous.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    No, I would not.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'd be as benevelant as possible. Of course you can't please everyone, and those who would want to live in luxury at the expensive of other people's lively hoods would hate me.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I would be everything to the people that need..but to the enemys of the state people tryin to crush me to the invaders and conspirators NIGHT, NIGHT
    Id rather be a King with a crown/country...(No lebron)

LMAO! the OP was hilarious especially

"JUST FOR BEING A ? . I'LL BE KILLING 50 OF MY POLITICAL ENEMIES ON NATIONAL TV JUST BECAUSE YOU WANNA BE AN ? ....
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'd be like Singapore.
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If ur gonna be a king, and maintain your power, you sometimes have to squelch the political opposition. But I would try to keep the masses happy, keep them on my side.