The Instruction Book

Options
Mdizzle9000
Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in IllGaming
am i the only one who misses dope instruction books? like i was lookin at the lil 2 page ? manual that came with black ops and im like ? this ? . i remember the old ? with the backstory and character descriptions n ?

2 that come to mind is the comix zone for genesis, that booklet had a comic in it introducing the story, and the donkey kong country 2 joint with all the badd guy descriptions and cranky kong talkin ? on every page lol.

anyone here care about dope instruction booklets or am i the only 1?

Comments

• funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Considering that they tell you basically everything you need to know in-game, I don't really care for the instruction booklet. They're supposed to be getting rid of them all together.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    yea i used to like the instuction book. jus like t/s said i liked reading about the story and the characters but nowadays that ? is going the way of the dodo. i was laughing when i bought the Assassians Creed:Brotherhood cuz the book is jus one piece of paper folded with trademark and legal info.
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Fallout 3 had a good manual.
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i remember the suffering and suffering 2 had dope booklets.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    GTA 3, Vice city, and San andreas were dope too. but like somebody already said, it just tells you the same ? that the forced tutorials do these days(minus the back story)
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    am i the only one who misses dope instruction books? like i was lookin at the lil 2 page ? manual that came with black ops and im like ? this ? . i remember the old ? with the backstory and character descriptions n ?

2 that come to mind is the comix zone for genesis, that booklet had a comic in it introducing the story, and the donkey kong country 2 joint with all the badd guy descriptions and cranky kong talkin ? on every page lol.

anyone here care about dope instruction booklets or am i the only 1?

damn I feel you man!

guess it was a different era, I didn't even have any internet back then 2 lol
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    GTA 3, Vice city, and San andreas were dope too. but like somebody already said, it just tells you the same ? that the forced tutorials do these days(minus the back story)

yeah the gta ones are dope but i guess u right
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    SFIV manual had some dope artwork on it.