joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in IllGaming

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    cool. but i still havent finished part 1!
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    cool. but i still havent finished part 1!

• kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    you slippin E2S... that game is good as hell. if you got a good setup, that surround sound will scare the ? outta you on some parts..
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    This first one is one of my favourite games.

This is a first day cop.
  • earth two superman
    edited January 2011
    Options
    damn you dead space for being so freakin cool

http://www.vg247.com/2011/01/25/dead-space-2-severed-announced-for-psn-xbl/

EA’s just announced Dead Space 2: Severed for PSN and XBL.The content is an “all-new digital download pack” which sees the main characters of Dead Space: Extraction, Gabe and Lexine, return in “two standalone chapters” in the game’s story. The player will control Gabe, who is a security guard on the Sprawl, as he tries to get himself and Lexine off it against “his own onslaught of Necromorphs”.It’ll run in parallel with that of the story of Issac Clarke.No price or timeline were given for its release. The info was mentioned in a press release published by EA to celebrate the main games release in the US today.Dead Space 2 releases today in the US and on Friday in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC. The PS3 version will feature Extraction, where the characters of Severed come from.You should buy it, judging by the scores the game’s gotten so far.Posted in: EA, Horror, Hot, PS3, PSN, Xbox 360, Xbox Live

This game is not only gonna cause me to go back and star DS 1 all over, but buy Move too.
  • joshuaboy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    damn you dead space for being so freakin cool

http://www.vg247.com/2011/01/25/dead-space-2-severed-announced-for-psn-xbl/

EA’s just announced Dead Space 2: Severed for PSN and XBL.The content is an “all-new digital download pack” which sees the main characters of Dead Space: Extraction, Gabe and Lexine, return in “two standalone chapters” in the game’s story. The player will control Gabe, who is a security guard on the Sprawl, as he tries to get himself and Lexine off it against “his own onslaught of Necromorphs”.It’ll run in parallel with that of the story of Issac Clarke.No price or timeline were given for its release. The info was mentioned in a press release published by EA to celebrate the main games release in the US today.Dead Space 2 releases today in the US and on Friday in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC. The PS3 version will feature Extraction, where the characters of Severed come from.You should buy it, judging by the scores the game’s gotten so far.Posted in: EA, Horror, Hot, PS3, PSN, Xbox 360, Xbox Live

This game is not only gonna cause me to go back and star DS 1 all over, but buy Move too.

That's a temptation right there
  • earth two superman
    edited January 2011
    Options
    well maybe not. I heard you CAN play extraction with the regular controller. but it should be fun with the move too.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Just picked up DS2, haven't even put it in just yet because I just got LBP2 as well. Just actually got back from Target.

If anyone has played this yet, how is the online?
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Extraction is on the Playstation Store for $14.99. I picked a good week to buy the Move!
  • VIBE
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Extraction is on the Playstation Store for $14.99. I picked a good week to buy the Move!

If you bought the Limited Edition of Dead Space that would've been free.
  • earth two superman
    edited January 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    If you bought the Limited Edition of Dead Space that would've been free.

no lol, the limited edition costs like 80 bucks.
  • earth two superman
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ima have to get this with move.
  • VIBE
    edited January 2011
    Options
    no lol, the limited edition costs like 80 bucks.

Nope I got mine for 59.99
  • earth two superman
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Nope I got mine for 59.99

ur right, the collectors edition that comes with the gun replica, cd, lithograph etc. is 80.

i didnt know the $60 limited edition came with extraction too though. that ? is epic.

i just got mine off newegg
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Man do they got this ? for PC? If so Imma cop it for the low.
  • earth two superman
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Man do they got this ? for PC? If so Imma cop it for the low.

yeah its out for PC.
  • Hatter
    Hatter Members Posts: 2,451 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I played the Demo dont really see the hype in this game it wont really all that, jump out scares and ? get old, and the ? i was controling moved sluggish and akward.
  • VIBE
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hatter wrote: »
    I played the Demo dont really see the hype in this game it wont really all that, jump out scares and ? get old, and the ? i was controling moved sluggish and akward.

Believe it or not he moves a bit faster than DS1.

There just isn't games like this out. I think the scare factor when they jump out is funny and scary lol some games just ain't meant for everyone. I like that he moves a bit slower, all that run full blast through levels is old now. Plus there's a ? load to collect, if you were going fast you'd miss half or more.
  • joshuaboy
    edited January 2011
    Options

I think we had this discussion with DS1. He is supposed to be sluggish because of the armoured suit he has on.
  • Hatter
    Hatter Members Posts: 2,451 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Believe it or not he moves a bit faster than DS1.

There just isn't games like this out. I think the scare factor when they jump out is funny and scary lol some games just ain't meant for everyone. I like that he moves a bit slower, all that run full blast through levels is old now. Plus there's a ? load to collect, if you were going fast you'd miss half or more.

Dont get me wrong I love survival horror, iv played all the RE games and most of the Silent hill games, iv beaten Fatal Frame 1 and 2, but for some reason this game doesnt really seem that exciting to me, my cousin just called me like 5 mins ago spazzin telling me i should go out right now and buy it, and he is pretty on point with game reviews...maybe it was just the demo that was bad i might check it out.
  • -Karl-
    edited January 2011
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    I think we had this discussion with DS1. He is supposed to be sluggish because of the armoured suit he has on.

Yeah, thats the whole point. It adds to the survival factor. Same with not being up to run and gun on RE.
  • joshuaboy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Dont get me wrong I love survival horror, iv played all the RE games and most of the Silent hill games, iv beaten Fatal Frame 1 and 2, but for some reason this game doesnt really seem that exciting to me, my cousin just called me like 5 mins ago spazzin telling me i should go out right now and buy it, and he is pretty on point with game reviews...maybe it was just the demo that was bad i might check it out.

TBH, I wasn't feeling the demo either. But DS1 was one of the best games (sleepers) that came out in 2008 and all reviews are saying this is better.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    dvdrip of the new DS movie is on the net
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    movie was pretty good makes me wanna play DS2 to see what happens next
  • -Karl-