Just beat ? III

Options
phantom0900
phantom0900 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
edited January 2011 in IllGaming
At first the game felt very familiar, like the whole first quarter of the game was uninspired and almost a direct copy of the last two, but it was still fun and well done. Half way through the game I was dying at how over the top it was. Kratos is ? beast, and he was really kicking ? ass in this one. I knew hermes ? ass was gonna get it hard body nh. The point that had me dying the most was at the end when Zeus was talkin mad ? about him being a failure. Kratos face had me in stitches, makes me really applaud the programmers on that one.

Late as hell, but I give the game a 9/10. Some times the jumps dont register right.

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I agree great game.

It gets hate here but I thought it was dope, you actually FEEL Kratos' pain and YOU want to ? everybody that did him wrong
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    the nemean cestus is my favorite GOW weapon out of the 5 games. great game. my only gripe that it was too short. boss fights were truly epic.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    game was wack and ending was ass and mad ?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    COD,Mario,Fallout,Devil May Cry,Ninja Gaiden,Castlevania,Street Fighter,Tekken and basically all other series says hi to the beginning of your post.

Game was the best in the series and the best int he genre this generation.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I like g.o.w. 3.......but g.o.w. 2>>>>>>>>>>
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    yo i fully co-sign this thread..this is actually the first GOW i've played and im probably gonna go cop the double pack for ps3. even tho its my first gow experience i started off on hard mode just because, and this game is tough..i been playing it off and on for about 2 months and im still trying to get pass the labrynth areas. so far its a great game and the visuals are pretty amazing, its just hard mode is insane lol.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I like g.o.w. 3.......but g.o.w. 2>>>>>>>>>>

pretty much
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    yo i fully co-sign this thread..this is actually the first GOW i've played and im probably gonna go cop the double pack for ps3. even tho its my first gow experience i started off on hard mode just because, and this game is tough..i been playing it off and on for about 2 months and im still trying to get pass the labrynth areas. so far its a great game and the visuals are pretty amazing, its just hard mode is insane lol.

Personally, I thought it was pretty easy. All the GOW games weren't difficult at all except maybe the last boss.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Yeah game was epic, just recently copped the collection remastered in hd.....part 2 is my favorite 2 lol, because of the battle with the sisters of fate + the zeus ending battle(and some of the puzzles where sick as well, those with the translators etc). I was actually quite skeptic about the depht of the story line(cause I started with part 3) but it's actually quite a cool and deep story line. The whole series is epic, you never fight to long, it goes from puzzle to battle etc it never gets tired. every game is loaded with some memorable moments, eventhough the combat system is extremely basic, the combat itself is really intense. It will take atleast a decade before the cinema's can compete with the gore you see in part 3...

lol at kratos being a rasta wearing black clothes originally btw, after you finish part one you get some treasure chests with art design/3D models that didn't make it into the game. It was a sick design.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    GOW 1 is better than GOW 2 imo
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    the hercules fight was my favorite. i was such a huge fan of the show when i was little, and that they got the same actor to voice him in the game was great
  • themadlionsfan
    edited January 2011
    Options
    the hercules fight was my favorite. i was such a huge fan of the show when i was little, and that they got the same actor to voice him in the game was great

Hercules' entrance was just gangsta
  • phantom0900
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Man, seeing Kratos destroy Herc like that is pretty epic. I dont even know how Hercules died in the fables but his death in this game.... lmao, I kept laughin through out this game as Kratos kicked ass
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Kratos in MK ftw
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Personally, I thought it was pretty easy. All the GOW games weren't difficult at all except maybe the last boss.
    maybe its cuz this is my 1st GOW game but its hard to stay alive for me in certain situations on hard mode. normal mode should be a piece of cake lol
  • themadlionsfan
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Man, seeing Kratos destroy Herc like that is pretty epic. I dont even know how Hercules died in the fables but his death in this game.... lmao, I kept laughin through out this game as Kratos kicked ass

A chick convinced him to wear this vest that was soaked with this centaur's blood.......and when he tried to take it off it ripped the flesh from his bones and curdled his blood
  • earth two superman
    edited January 2011
    Options
    A chick convinced him to wear this vest that was soaked with this centaur's blood.......and when he tried to take it off it ripped the flesh from his bones and curdled his blood

thats still not as bad as getting ur face punched in by your little brother
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hercules' entrance was just gangsta

Greatest intro ever!!!
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    if GOW 2 had the PS3 graphics, it would be the best in the series.. i agree with the other posters in every way, but this ? IS like almost a whole year late... he musta got it for christmas or some ? ... no hate tho...
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Killing hercules>>>>>>>>>>>
  • phantom0900
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol yea i got it for christmas, along with transformers, alan wake, and MAG. ? trying make me OD on digital ? .
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol yea i got it for christmas, along with transformers, alan wake, and MAG. ? trying make me OD on digital ? .

This game was slept on
  • earth two superman
    edited January 2011
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    This game was slept on

im considering getting it. its only like 40 and i have nothing else like it. are there still ppl playing it???
  • phantom0900
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ON XBOX it takes a few minutes to find a match, the numbers are low, but i agree the game is pretty fun