What's a movie that shaped your perspective on life and why?

Options
DarkGable
DarkGable Members Posts: 477
edited February 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
First time I saw SWINGERS it really put dating and the whole concept of "game" in perspective. Basically showed me that game is 99% mindset. You have to KNOW that you're money.

What's a movie that affected the way you look at things to this day?

Comments

• makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Clerks... It really made me think about dealing with people in the day to day setting. Its so funny yet so true at the same time how annoying people can be as customers about the most pointless things.
  • bluntone
    bluntone Members Posts: 358
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The Color Purple. Great acting and it really showed you how life was for Blacks back during that time. I thought the whole Africa concept was ? but other than that, it's GOAT.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Co-sign Clerks,I have been a clerk ? was like a documentary to me and my friends. Also Kids when i saw this movie in 95' it changed my perception on sex and how we as young people treat others(when they taunted the ? in the park and jumped the black dude)also how adults can neglect the thoughts and feelings of kids.You have to have constant communication with your children.

Boys in the hood changed my perception on the ghetto,I was like Trey my cousins were like Doughboy and his crew.That movie made me want to do something with my life and not be a victim of the hood.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    the Man From Earth....... i never called myself Jesus,i jus was trying to teach people to love each other

Crash................. everything connects so there is no such thing "as i dont care"
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    American Me..............dont EVER go to prison
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The Matrix
    cu the ? is deeper than it appears to be
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The Matrix

co-sign,people think it's just an action movie, nah it's about life. Like when he talks to the architect that's supposed to be ? ,and the architect explains how this isn't the first matrix he had to make it less perfect because humans won't except perfection.Just like real life ? gave Adam and Eve perfection but they wouldn't except it so now we have today's world imperfect.
  • DarkGable
    DarkGable Members Posts: 477
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Up in the Air

Haven't seen it yet. What was it about the film that impacted you?
    The Matrix

After I saw that flick, I thought everything was a conspiracy. Wish the sequels didn't suck so bad.
    marc123 wrote: »
    American Me..............dont EVER go to prison

My Army buddy used to watch that all the time. Once was enough for me.
    Clerks... It really made me think about dealing with people in the day to day setting. Its so funny yet so true at the same time how annoying people can be as customers about the most pointless things.

I need to revisit that film. Not a big Kevin Smith fan, except for Jay and Silent Bob.