Tea Party goes after Ron Paul (WTF? smh)

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in The Social Lounge
Paul, the Gulf Coast congressman whose 2008 presidential run excited libertarians nationwide, even though he didn't get much traction overall, is considered by many to be the "father of the Tea Parties." But he has three opponents in the March Republican primary – more than he has faced in his past six primary campaigns combined.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/washington/stories/DN-ronpaul_07tex.ART.State.Edition1.4bf50f3.html

In the face of several electoral challenges from tea party-connected candidates, Texas Republican Congressman Ron Paul cautioned in a recent interview that "neocon influence" is "infiltrating" the movement he is often credited for creating.
http://rawstory.com/2010/02/paul-cautions-neocon-influence-infiltrating-tea-parties/

lol, yea no ? Ron. When Fox News co-signs it u know what it issssssssssssssssssss

Comments

• bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ? the Tea Parties. They were cool in the beginning, but now it's been taken over by Neo-Cons and Fake liberty lovers like Beck and Palin. ? is dead in my book. I swear libertarians dont get no love.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ? the Tea Parties. They were cool in the beginning, but now it's been taken over by Neo-Cons and Fake liberty lovers like Beck and Palin. ? is dead in my book. I swear libertarians dont get no love.

thats whats up. Im glad you came to your right mind. I seen through that ? from day one. you know Palin is gonna exploit the ? outta that ? come 2012 right?
  • Swiffness!
    edited February 2010
    Options

I said it before and I'll say it again: What this country needs is a robust Libertarian Party (that's neutral on Abortion) with 30-50 members in the House and 8 or 9 Senators. A party that's got the nutz to go in front of America and say "YES there will be another terrorist attack and NO we can't make you 1000% safe unless u wanna live in a damn dictatorial police state. Terrorism is the price you pay for living in a Free Society and you're more likely to die choking on a McChicken than from a Al Qaeda attack. Nut up, you ? ? ."
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    I said it before and I'll say it again: What this country needs is a robust Libertarian Party (that's neutral on Abortion) with 30-50 members in the House and 8 or 9 Senators. A party that's got the nutz to go in front of America and say "YES there will be another terrorist attack and NO we can't make you 1000% safe unless u wanna live in a damn dictatorial police state. Terrorism is the price you pay for living in a Free Society and you're more likely to die choking on a McChicken than from a Al Qaeda attack. Nut up, you ? ? ."

why do u want the party to be neutral on abortion? that doesn't seem libertarian like
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    busayo wrote: »
    why do u want the party to be neutral on abortion? that doesn't seem libertarian like
    i suppose they wouldn't be neutral in that they'd essentially be pro-choice, but they also wouldn't be passionately arguing for abortion
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options

now? glenn beck pretty much began it.
  • jennifer.bush*
    jennifer.bush* Members Posts: 551
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yes damn democracy!!! the horrors
  • BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    now? glenn beck pretty much began it.

Their official website was purchased and registered by a member of the GOP like two months before the election was over. It's been a Republican Party operation from the jump. SMH at anybody believing it was real populism.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I saw this coming ever since i heard the tea partiers ranting about returning to reagan-like poliices
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Man them tea party crazy ass white people need to shut the ? up, they are more anti-American then terrorist SMH
  • Swiffness!
    edited February 2010
    Options
    CMac wrote: »
    Man them tea party crazy ass white people need to shut the ? up, they are more anti-American then terrorist SMH

Kanye is not better than Ghostface.
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited February 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    i suppose they wouldn't be neutral in that they'd essentially be pro-choice, but they also wouldn't be passionately arguing for abortion

yeah that would be what i'd expect from libertarians
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Kanye is not better than Ghostface.

Overall I would agree with you but Kanye College Dropout is just to much of a amazing album I still bump that ? to this day where as Ghostface has no album I would bump all the time like that. With the way Ye has been for the past year he doesn't even deserve to be on my list but College dropout is just a pure classic hip hop album that keeps him on my list.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    CMac wrote: »
    Overall I would agree with you but Kanye College Dropout is just to much of a amazing album I still bump that ? to this day where as Ghostface has no album I would bump all the time like that
    lack of taste detected
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited February 2010
    Options

Tried to tell ya bro. Sometimes you need to listen to me about Fox News and alike.
  • Swiffness!
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Tried to tell ya bro. Sometimes you need to listen to me about Fox News and alike.

Roger Ailes is the most powerful man in Conservative politics right now.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options

I agree with your sentiment, but you're just saying our leadership needs to have the intelligence and courage to speak the truth about our national security situation, and you don't really need to be a libertarian to do that. Being a libertarian is more about not understanding economics.
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Like Rabid dogs they attack without reason
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited February 2010
    Options

Son? You been paying attention I see?
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited February 2010
    Options

? Fox too, I used to let them slide, but now it seems to me that anytime a liberty candidate has a chance to make a power move, they try to marginalize them just like they did to Ron Paul in the debates. Glenn Beck did it to Debra Medina the other night, just because she said she doesnt trust Congress's investigation into 9/11 he tried to paint her as a truther. Glenn Beck likes to act like he is a libertarian but he is anything but. He is a neo-con all day. The only liberty minded people on Fox is Stossel and Judge Napolitano, and they wont even let them get any face time. Stossel is quarantined off to Fox Business Channel and they got the Judge with a ? internet tv show.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    if youre neutral on abortion dont expect much support from young ppl or from religious groups.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited February 2010
    Options
    if youre neutral on abortion dont expect much support from young ppl or from religious groups.

What do you mean by neutral on abortion? I guess you can say I'm neutral, although I don't like it and I tell anybody I can not to do it, just out of respect for life. I don't even like stepping on insects, but hey that's just me. I just don't think it should be a federal issue, Abortion is no where in the constitution so that puts in with in the realm of the states. If the citizens of a certain state wants to elect representatives that will make abortion cool in their state then so be it. The feds must step in once that life become independent of the mother IMO. As long as it is dependent, it is still a part of the mothers body i.e. her property.

I just hate how people get hung up over one issue that will never change. Abortion isnt going anywhere, it just aints, so these ? people that will oust a good candidate just because they are pro-choice is dumb on their point. It doesn't make a difference one way or another. I just dont want any taxpayer money going towards it.