Has internet played a vital role in your belief/disblief in "? "

Options

Comments

• anthony7q
    anthony7q Members Posts: 782
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ES-BEE wrote: »
    oh you confused me for a minute, I would be an atheist too if yall could answer this one question, how did life come about?

Imagine ? as a new born baby. Besides eating and sleeping what do new born babies do? They discover new things. This is ? . Through you he/she is discovering new things.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited January 2011
    Options
    50/50. I started my search really before I started ? around on the internet. And at the time I started using the internet for that purpose I already gave up on Christianity and was agnostic, the internet then helped me to reach where Im at now which would be considered an Agnostic Atheist.
  • Tha-Realist
    Tha-Realist Members Posts: 491
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ES-BEE wrote: »
    oh you confused me for a minute, I would be an atheist too if yall could answer this one question, how did life come about?

lol
    I would be religious too if yall could answer this one question, how did ? come about?

OPTION ONE:
    We came from nothing. < Doesn't make sense.

OPTION TWO
    A magical man came from nothing, then created us from nothing. < Makes less sense than Option One

Option Two adds a illogical step to something that is already illogical. Maybe we'll figure it out one day, but until then I'll be Agnostic/Atheist.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    if u let some ? opinion on the internet make or break your faith then youse a stupid ? who was a weak-minded ? to begin with. these are the types of questions that only life experience can answer. if the things you consider to be truth require a link or empirical data mined from some omniscient website as evidence then you may want to consider that just because you don't call a thing "? " does not mean you aint made yourself personal idols.
  • judahxulu
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol
    I would be religious too if yall could answer this one question, how did ? come about?

OPTION ONE:
    We came from nothing. < Doesn't make sense.

OPTION TWO
    A magical man came from nothing, then created us from nothing. < Makes less sense than Option One

Option Two adds a illogical step to something that is already illogical. Maybe we'll figure it out one day, but until then I'll be Agnostic/Atheist.

logic...lol

u stupid ass atheist ? allways talking about this or that is logical or illogical..

logic is derived from logos. ? the logos is a greek ? if u read. heraclitus believed in the gods.

u ? are not true atheists. your gods are the minds behind this ? u call western civilization.

so many of your philosophies, outlooks and traditions are based on mans worship of gods he has made. but u ? dont really study enough to know that. u think youre ? sophisticated because u recognize the obvious; religion is ? . news flash dummies; RELIGION IS NOT THE CREATOR. furthermore christianity does not own the patent on what the Creator is or isnt so stop reasoning in circles as if ? = what christianity calls it.

lazy ass ? . you aint even lived half yo life and think u qualified to speak on the mysteries of the universe and ? .

? outta here.

atheism is a religion too.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    logic...lol

u stupid ass atheist ? allways talking about this or that is logical or illogical..

logic is derived from logos. ? the logos is a greek ? if u read. heraclitus believed in the gods.

u ? are not true atheists. your gods are the minds behind this ? u call western civilization.

so many of your philosophies, outlooks and traditions are based on mans worship of gods he has made. but u ? dont really study enough to know that. u think youre ? sophisticated because u recognize the obvious; religion is ? . news flash dummies; RELIGION IS NOT THE CREATOR. furthermore christianity does not own the patent on what the Creator is or isnt so stop reasoning in circles as if ? = what christianity calls it.

lazy ass ? . you aint even lived half yo life and think u qualified to speak on the mysteries of the universe and ? .

? outta here.

Damn...this ? was ether. And @ the bolded..a lot of feelings are gonna get caught for that one.
  • judahxulu
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Damn...this ? was ether. And @ the bolded..a lot of feelings are gonna get caught for that one.

thats only because its true.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    thats only because its true.

I feel you. I've been saying it for years..
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    im sure a lot of people can answer this question for me
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    im sure a lot of people can answer this question for me

Who are you? Lol jus playin
  • Tha-Realist
    Tha-Realist Members Posts: 491
    edited January 2011
    Options
    logic...lol

? outta here.

LOL. Feelings caught bruh???

I never said ? about sophistication or christianity. What does Logic's origins have to do with it's usage? Logic can't be used if you don't follow Logos now? I didn't say RELIGION IS THE CREATOR. I never said I was qualified to speak on tha mysteries of tha universe, are you? I stated my opinion halfway joking and it obviously struck a nerve in you for some reason. Sensitive ? . But since you're so informed, enlighten me to what tha correct way to see it is.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    logic...lol

? outta here.

An atheist is simply one that doesn't agree with the theist version of things. No atheist goes around professing that he knows all. But one will tell you that the theirs version of idea is ? which is the exact point of an atheist. What's your point? It's not as obvious as you preclude being that billions are theist and still don't get the concept that their following some ? which is supposedly evident. willful ignorance, culture, tradition, and fear of the unknown keeps people from seeking answers or at least accepting that we made ? up.

http://atheism.about.com/od/aboutatheism/p/AtheismReligion.htm
  • judahxulu
    edited January 2011
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    An atheist is simply one that doesn't agree with the theist version of things. No atheist goes around professing that he knows all. But one will tell you that the theirs version of idea is ? which is the exact point of an atheist. What's your point? It's not as obvious as you preclude being that billions are theist and still don't get the concept that their following some ? which is supposedly evident. willful ignorance, culture, tradition, and fear of the unknown keeps people from seeking answers or at least accepting that we made ? up.

http://atheism.about.com/od/aboutatheism/p/AtheismReligion.htm

ignorance. ill give u an example of it...whats a theist? one in favor of the greek ? theos. there are not billions of theists.

if you profess to know for a fact that there is no Creative Intelligence that exists in the universe then you might as well say you know it all.

your basis for invalidating sacred texts is mistranslations and misunderstanding of the purpose of metaphor and symbolism. but alas, you are ignorant of the axioms behind all of these varied texts which form one coherent universal stream of truth. its way deeper than just made up ? ...

p.s. that link is ? . thats not the totality of what religion is defined

http://atheism.about.com/od/religiondefinition/a/dictionary_old_2.htm
  • judahxulu
    edited January 2011
    Options
    LOL. Feelings caught bruh???

I never said ? about sophistication or christianity. What does Logic's origins have to do with it's usage? Logic can't be used if you don't follow Logos now? I didn't say RELIGION IS THE CREATOR. I never said I was qualified to speak on tha mysteries of tha universe, are you? I stated my opinion halfway joking and it obviously struck a nerve in you for some reason. Sensitive ? . But since you're so informed, enlighten me to what tha correct way to see it is.

lol...u already content with what u think u know. if u are interested in expanding your view, i the post u quoted is a sufficient starting point.
  • Chillin&amp;Postin
    Chillin&amp;Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Always questioned the existence of ? . Doesnt take the internet to know a lot of the believes dont stand the test of logic.

But it gave me a lot of proof of what I already though and showed me where to find evidence of inconsistencies, etc.

this and Glowy's post also
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    jusdre313 wrote: »
    lol naw the internet.... detroit did though

The Bronx made me realize the belief of an all loving caring ? is ? . I still believe in a higher power, but I never believed in the all knowing ? ? .
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    logic...lol

? outta here.

Damn, was it necessary to be all harsh on the dude like that? If someone is atheist, let them be. Just challenge their opinion, no need to get all hostile on a ? and question his intelligence.
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    TheCATthatdidntDIE Members Posts: 918
    edited January 2011
    Options
    zoastrinism is what made me not believe in ? . christianity ripped it off, and it in turn ripped off another religion, and so on and so forth. all relgions copy off of eachother, in one way or another. Also ancient greece helped a lot, with new religions being adapted like fashion. really put religion in perspective for me.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ignorance. ill give u an example of it...whats a theist? one in favor of the greek ? theos. there are not billions of theists.

if you profess to know for a fact that there is no Creative Intelligence that exists in the universe then you might as well say you know it all.

your basis for invalidating sacred texts is mistranslations and misunderstanding of the purpose of metaphor and symbolism. but alas, you are ignorant of the axioms behind all of these varied texts which form one coherent universal stream of truth. its way deeper than just made up ? ...

p.s. that link is ? . thats not the totality of what religion is defined

http://atheism.about.com/od/religiondefinition/a/dictionary_old_2.htm

You a bit too disrespectful in getting your point across. My basis is based on the history of the creation of those text. Other then that, we still searching. Also, a creative intelligence does not preclude that i should worship it nor does it indicate that i came from it. There is more evidence that intelligence wasn't needed. We are still looking but what is your point again? Also, nobody professes to no the absolute fact other then theist. Notice i didn't mention religion but theism. It doesn't matter how it was created or what word it came from you ? nerd. It's still used in the same context to show one that believes in a ? .

how you gonna ? on my link and post a link (from the same site) that has nothing to do with what i mentioned nor debunk that a atheist doesn't believe or subscribe to the religious theory of ? . Nor do they subscribe to blind faith. You didn't prove ? just now with your atheist is a religion ? . Did you even read that article idiot? It doesn't even say anything. They're trying to say that the definition of religion is different from book to book yet i looked and it all says, to believe in or worship a deity and build a system of practices around such. One can say that humanist worship man but that has nothing to do with an atheist.

Again what is the basis for your idea an atheist is religious especially when you can't point out an organized religion based on the non belief of a deity.

Arguments based on evidence.
    http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/nontheism/atheism/evidential.html

Arguments based on Logic
    http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/nontheism/atheism/logical.html

Etymology of atheist
    http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=atheist

Etymology of theist
    http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=theist
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol... atheism is a religion now ..? ahh geez.. and here I thought ... it was just a void in belief.
    wtf is going on.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Atheism's not a religion.

NOT collecting stamps is not a hobby.

This is pretty basic stuff.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It's pretty wack that the internet is playing any role in changing something so serious. My life experiences have pushed me to the realization that ? is either a pure fantasy or does not care about anyone in the way that a truly loving human being cares about another human being.

P.S. I understand that the internet is a big part of some lives but this is a little beyond belief.
  • Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited January 2011
    Options
    That's what happens with every major tool that helps communication: ideas spread faster and more easily. The internet is similar to the printing press because not only was it a new medium, it is relatively free reign, unlike tv and radio which got clamped down on quickly by most governments.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    tv is censored by business, not government

PBS is the most open channel on American tv
  • judahxulu
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Damn, was it necessary to be all harsh on the dude like that? If someone is atheist, let them be. Just challenge their opinion, no need to get all hostile on a ? and question his intelligence.

aw man come on. these ? be harsh and bullying posters who may feel like me to one degree or another but can't express it like i do. these atheist ? constantly talking about this or that is fantasy, ? , make believe etc.