Matrix 4&5? In 3D? WTF?

Options
dontdiedontkillanyon
dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Matrix 4&5? In 3D? WTF?
Keanu starts rumours with the 411...

Imagine a giant, flashing red neon sign. Imagine that it reads “Rumour”. Now imagine it over Keanu Reeves’ head. Yes, the man who sparked more than one Internet meme recently has just launched a torrent of Matrix speculation after the comments he made at an event in London, ostensibly to promote his latest film, Henry’s Crime.

After jawing about other projects he has in the pipeline (including 47 Ronin and some nicely positive movement towards a third Bill & Ted outing), he switched tracks and talked up a meeting he had with Matrix creators the Wachowskis, noting that they had completed work on a two-film treatment that would follow the continuing adventures of Neo.

And not only that, but the writing/directing pair apparently met with James Cameron to talk about the scope and drawbacks of 3D, since they’re planning, according to Ain’t It Cool News’ scooper, to “deliver something which has never been seen, again.”

For his part, Reeves feels he has an obligation to deliver a film worthy enough to stand with to the original and that the Wachowskis’ ideas are revolutionary.

So what’s stopping them ringing up Warner Bros. and getting some support for this? Well, they’re a little bit busy preparing to work on Cloud Atlas with director Tom Tykwer and stars Tom Hanks, Halle Berry and Natalie Portman and have other scripts floating about to consider.

Even if they did go back into the world of the Matrix, they’re going to have to be careful to produce something good enough to wipe our memories of Reloaded and (in particular) Revolutions. Will this happen? Who knows? It’s not like Reeves is an unnamed “insider” who has no access to Lana and Andy Wachowski, so chances are he has more knowledge about such things than most. But until some more official info happens along, don’t forget that big, red flashing neon rumour sign…

James White

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29964

Comments

• Justa Phella
    Justa Phella Members Posts: 315
    edited January 2011
    Options
    dam, that ? be some ill ass ? fo real...more matrix movies, in 3d at that...there won't be anymore movies to top that
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Wait! ? didn't ike Matrix: Reloaded? Man gtfoh that movie was the ? . Anyways why do they need to do this? Neo is dead right? He saved the matrix and caused peace with the machines right? I don't see what the point of this is
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? , "MATRIX 4" in 3D? I don't care how many people hate on the Sequels, that movie will do "Dark Knight", "Avatar" numbers. The Technology is even better today than it was when the original Matrix dropped. ? , I hope this happens, I love the "Matrix" movies. I think it should drop in 3 years on 2013 on the anniversary of "Reloaded".
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? i'm down for another Matrix movie! To me, all 3 movies were pretty ? epic.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    As long as they keep up with the ideas of the original, this could be dope...

and I ? with reloaded..........
  • Kame
    edited January 2011
    Options
    that ? aint dead

he dead..................
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    MAN ? 3D.. seriously ? IT.. but i love the Matrix
  • rapmastermind
    edited January 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    Wait! ? didn't ike Matrix: Reloaded? Man gtfoh that movie was the ? . Anyways why do they need to do this? Neo is dead right? He saved the matrix and caused peace with the machines right? I don't see what the point of this is

1st, "Reloaded" was one of the greatest sequels of all time and it had better action than the original "Matrix". The problem is it gets lumped with "Revolutions" because honestly both films were like one big movie. But "Reloaded" broke records and people enjoyed it. "Revolutions" wasn't even that bad and was the blueprint for the "Transformers" movies with the Big robots. Also the last fight with Smith and Neo in the Rain was EPIC. But the film left to many questions than answers and most of the movie was OUTSIDE the Matrix. When we see a "Matrix" movie, we want to see THE MATRIX, not the "Real World" which "Revolutions" was mostly in the real world. Neo is not dead, everyone knows it, they just have to find a way to bring him back. Yes he balanced out the system when he destroyed Smith but that doesn't mean he's dead. Man this ish got me hype. "The Matrix" is the most revolutionary franchise since "Star Wars" as far as changing the game. It was a cultural phenomenon. I knew Keanu would come back, his career hasn't been that great since the "Matrix" sequels. Wow, this is huge news. James Cameron changed the game with "Avatar", everyone doing 3D now. Hopefully George Lucas follows suit and gives us "Star Wars Episode 7, 8 and 9" in 3D.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? didnt like Reloaded? Neo vs 100 Agent Smiths>>>>>>>>>> Revolution
  • Kame
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i just seen it last night. dude was sleep

*checks video

he dead ? .. the program was over
  • rapmastermind
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »

"The Matrix Reloaded" is the highest grossing "R" rated film of all time world wide with over 735 Million grossed at the Box Office. Adjusted for Inflation, "Reloaded" has grossed over 1 Billion Worldwide. With DVD Sales, The "Matrix" Trilogy has grossed over 2 Billion Worldwide making it one of the biggest trilogies of all time - Box Office Mojo.

People forget, "The Matrix" isn't PG13 or PG like these other trilogies, it was the 1st "R" trilogy to compete with the Big Dogs. I remember when "Reloaded" dropped, that was insane that summer. I was like 23 back then, it was like 2003. Yo that movie was the most anticipated sequel on some "Phantom Menace" Ish. People can hate on the sequels but there is no way with the technology now, "Matrix 4" with Neo and Lawrence coming back won't break Box Office records. I mean with 3D and the effects today, this movie could top the original 3.
  • rapmastermind
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Neo's Body is dead, his spirit is not. Remember, there was some biblical connections to Neo's whole story, he was like the Jesus of the Matirx. Remember he was the 6th version of "THE ONE", there's no way he's dead. He will be resurrected. The Machines will not keep the "Peace Treaty" forever which is why Neo will come back. This ish is going to be sick.

Say what you want about "Revolutions", this was the GOAT NEO VS SMITH Fight. This is what a "Dragon Ball Z" movie should look like folks.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    "The Matrix Reloaded" is the highest grossing "R" rated film of all time world wide with over 735 Million grossed at the Box Office. Adjusted for Inflation, "Reloaded" has grossed over 1 Billion Worldwide. With DVD Sales, The "Matrix" Trilogy has grossed over 2 Billion Worldwide making it one of the biggest trilogies of all time - Box Office Mojo.

People forget, "The Matrix" isn't PG13 or PG like these other trilogies, it was the 1st "R" trilogy to compete with the Big Dogs. I remember when "Reloaded" dropped, that was insane that summer. I was like 23 back then, it was like 2003. Yo that movie was the most anticipated sequel on some "Phantom Menace" Ish. People can hate on the sequels but there is no way with the technology now, "Matrix 4" with Neo and Lawrence coming back won't break Box Office records. I mean with 3D and the effects today, this movie could top the original 3.

? ... I can see Matrix 4 doing Avatar numbers, for reals.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    honestly, I'm still -STILL!- so ? off about the 2 sequels that I hope they do this

can't possibly turn out worse than Revolutions or that ultra wack MMORPG
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Who is spending money on this though?

The best fightscene is always on Youtube. Ain't sit through a Matrix movie since the first.
  • ocelot
    edited January 2011
    Options

I think the hate came from people that loved the first one and they used there imagination for what the sequel was going to be... only to get disappointed... mainly from conspiricy theorist that watch youtube videos... i was younger and i remember that my church was playing the first one and was making connections to the bible and what not...
  • Swiffness!
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Surprised Reloaded is gettin so much love in here.

I won't deny the dopeness of the fights, but all them other scenes were WICK-WICK-WACK

the rave/church service? UGH

all them philosophical discussions? UGH

the still-confusing-as-? Architect scene? UGH

etc
    Who is spending money on this though?

The best fightscene is always on Youtube.

Not when its in theaters, silly.
  • rapmastermind
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I think the hate came from people that loved the first one and they used there imagination for what the sequel was going to be... only to get disappointed... mainly from conspiricy theorist that watch youtube videos... i was younger and i remember that my church was playing the first one and was making connections to the bible and what not...

Yea I agree, the original Matrix was so good, it's just hard to top it. "Reloaded" also had a cliffhanger ending so it felt in completed. No matter how much I love the original Matrix, I cannot hate on "Reloaded", they did everything to make a great sequel. The up the ante on Action, they expanded the mythology, it was just a great sequel. And Lawrence and Keanu fighting was WAY BETTER in "Reloaded" than the original "Matrix" which you could tell they were just beginning, by "Reloaded" they were more comfortable in martial arts. Even though it will be "R" rated, it could still do "Avatar", "Dark Knight" numbers cause the anticipated will be huge. This news just rocked the movie world today. Yes "The Matrix" was a cultural phenomenon cause it was one of the 1st films where people felt it connected to the real world. The Metaphor for the film is that we are not living a real world but one created. People connected with this philosophy. People need to see the documentary "The Philosophy of the Matrix" cause these movies are some of the deepest in movie history.

THE PHILOSOPHY OF THE MATRIX

Also "The Matrix" movies were like the 1st LIVE ACTION JAPANESE ANIME FILMS, they were heavily influenced by Anime, I love the "Animatrix" also.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Bill & ted 3!!!!!!!!!!! Cool!!!!!!! Lol
  • Swiffness!
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hopefully George Lucas follows suit and gives us "Star Wars Episode 7, 8 and 9" in 3D.

Hopefully he will let OTHER, MORE TALENTED PEOPLE write and direct if that happens.

and base it off that Star Wars: Legacy comic

Cade Skywalker is a REAL ?
  • rapmastermind
    edited January 2011
    Options
    MAN ? 3D.. seriously ? IT.. but i love the Matrix

I agree, everyone is using it as a gimmick. When I saw "Avatar" in 3D, it was so EPIC, it was an EVENT. James made the entire film in 3D and didn't add it in the end. Even when I watch "Avatar" on Blu-ray, though it looks amazing it's still not better than when I saw it in 3D. James made 3D an experience not a gimmick. These other movies are only using it to make more money. Which is why I'm happy Nolan was like "F*ck 3D for The Dark Knight Rises", but you have to keep it 100, "THE MATRIX" universe is PERFECT for 3D, the movie felt 3 dimensional just watching it. Plus they aren't going to do it gimmicky, they said in the story the W. Brothers talked to James Cameron so I'm sure it will be SHOT in 3D and not transfered like all these other movies just trying to milk us for the extra 4 bucks.
  • rapmastermind
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Surprised Reloaded is gettin so much love in here.

I won't deny the dopeness of the fights, but all them other scenes were WICK-WICK-WACK

the rave/church service? UGH

all them philosophical discussions? UGH

the still-confusing-as-? Architect scene? UGH

etc

Not when its in theaters, silly.

Yes the Rave/Sex/Ecstasy, lol scene was weak. But the Architect scene was deep as hell. Listen to what he was saying. Sure the delivery was off but the message was deep and expanded the ideas of the 1st movie. I think history has judged the sequels more kindly it's just tough cause the Sequels followed up not only one of the greatest Sci Fi films of all time but one of the Best Action and Films period of all time. The original "Matrix" is the 1st DVD movie to sell 1 million copies. I remember i had it on DVD in 99 it had no special features and it looked great. I got the whole set on Blu-Ray and watched all 3 again and came away with a better appreciation for the ideas and scope of the trilogy. This was the 1st trilogy that really had me thinking about REAL LIFE after watched it. "Reloaded" was dope cause it started Actioned Packed and never let up. Trinity on the High Way going against Traffic, Morpheus fighting on top of the 18 wheeler. Neo flying and fighting 1,000 Smiths. "Reloaded" was not bad at all.
  • ocelot
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Also "The Matrix" movies were like the 1st LIVE ACTION JAPANESE ANIME FILMS, they were heavily influenced by Anime, I love the "Animatrix" also.

I always said that anime had the game on lock in the US from 98 to 03

from culture, movies, and even Hip Hop
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The Last matrix blew dogs. Reloaded was that deal. the Highway fight scene w/ Morpheous and neo fighting the Mirovingians goons then having to fly to save him was badass. Animatrix was the ? also any fan of the genre or anime should check it out
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

top 5 fighting scene ever.